Confirmed with Link: Orlov and Hathaway and Andrei Svetlakov to Boston for 2023 first-round pick, 2025 second-round pick, 2024 third-round pick, and forward Craig Smith

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
We have some people who are perpetually unhappy and think they should be running the team.
DA715053-7E36-4F53-AB97-0F337CEDEF08.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HeyMattyB and g00n

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The return is meh, not terrible.

But we did trade Orlov to a team that probably will not resign him. We may get a chance to get him back this Summer. The Caps know how much he wants.
Term was the big issue. Caps only wanted to give him 3 years, but Orlov wanted 6 years. Maybe during free agency he comes back signing for 4/5 years...

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Hometown discounts are for suckers. Hope Orlov wins the Cup and gets bank!

Sorry I just can't. He's on an Eastern Conference team. Had he been shipped out West I would. He has a Cup with the Caps and I'll always appreciate him for that.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
I doubt there's much of a market for a winger with 10 points in 41 games on the best team in the NHL (plus a 3.1M cap hit).
Don’t disagree. Bury him in the AHL. He’s the exact type of player lavy will take minutes away from young players and give to.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well unless AA or someone steps up, this is for sure a tank defensive corps right now. It truly will be a miracle if the Caps make 8th seed now, not that I expect it.

Reactions: Raikkonen

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't think anybody on our board has been saying Orlov and Hathaway suck.

Oh dry up.

But to be serious, yes some people have been slagging them a bit. Or the team as a whole. Lots of "we suck" shit every night. Not "we suck, but Orlov and Hathaway are pretty awesome".

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I have now lowered my expectations for the rest of our trades.

Jensen
Sheary
TVR
Gus

I guess we should be happy with 2nd rounders and retaining salary or taking back salary dumps

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Take good care of Smitty. He's going to give 100% a night and I hope he finds success in DC. He's also an overall great guy.
That's fantastic, because we need more "overall great guys" who are past their prime!

He'll be great alongside Oshie and Backstrom. We can call it the "OGG" line

Reactions: YippieKaey

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Well unless AA or someone steps up, this is for sure a tank defensive corps right now. It truly will be a miracle if the Caps make 8th seed now, not that I expect it.
lmao

You think AA is getting any minutes as long as Lavi is the coach?

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Even more disappointed they are playing for Boston, one of the few teams in the league I can't f***ing stand.

Boston was the only original team I liked. I loved Neely, Bourque, etc, however recent years have caused me to dislike them. Still ticked off Iafrate went to them in 94 even though we got Juneau who helped the Caps to the Finals in 98. I was literally stunned with that trade after coming home from work. I think I cussed Bill Pidto out on the TV for half hour when he highlighted that trade along with Poile.

lmao

You think AA is getting any minutes as long as Lavi is the coach?

Hell no.

I refuse to believe we could not have gotten more from another team

Yeah same for me, but we aren't the Rangers, Pittsburgh, or Tampa with that kind of magic.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I have now lowered my expectations for the rest of our trades.

Jensen
Sheary
TVR
Gus

I guess we should be happy with 2nd rounders and retaining salary or taking back salary dumps
I'm still of the mind Jensen can get a first. RD's are a primo-commodity in the NHL.

The rest are probably a helping of 2nds and 3rds.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I refuse to believe we could not have gotten more from another team
What other team? It takes two to tango, and there are only so many dance partners.

What other playoff-bound teams are supposedly looking for a top-pair/top-four LHD? Edmonton? Los Angeles (who, IIRC, is supposedly a frontrunner on Chychrun)? Anyone else? Orlov also had a five-team no-trade list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad