Speculation: O'Reilly Mega Thread - ALL ROR Speculation Here

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
We wouldn't want Spezza he has negative value and would have to give extra just to take him.

ROR for Honka, Faksa, Spezza +1st

The first is for taking Spezza.

I don't think taking on Spezza is that big of a deal.....he is one year removed from a 50 point season, although he had a tough year, I could easily see him bouncing back on another team Eric Staal, not on a 40 goal level like Staal has, but I could still see him being a 50-60 point guy with a change of scenery.

Dallas doesn't need to give up a high first to dump Spezza. Spezza only has one year left, and they could simply just buy him out for 2.5 million hit over the next two, keep him and get through the year, or find a trade partner looking for a boom or bust acquisition. If they did just want to dump him off, maybe it costs a second or third to do it.

But if Ken Hitchcock is going to be coaching Dallas, I think Ryan O'Reilly is a much better fit there, and several years younger.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Actually, I like that proposal you have suggested. Big fan of Fabbri but he comes with risk.
Hope the kid can make a full recovery.

Wasn't making a proposal, but if those pieces get Buffalo interested, then something could happen. Army indicated that he will be active in free agency and the trade market. I definitely see some valuable pieces being available depending on the target. I see him softening on trading one of the top winger prospects, something he wouldn't do at the deadline, Kyrou, Thompson, Kostin, or Blais. Fabbri is kind of an x-factor, but probably carries too much risk for other GM's, so there will be a big discrepancy in valuations between Army and other GM's.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Buffalo isn't interested in a late 1st, winger prospects, or a recovering Fabbri.

The pieces that Buffalo would want would just create another hole. Why fill one hole if you are just going to create another?

Buffalo would kind of be in the same boat. They have very few good players and trading O'Reilly would leave a hole in the middle of an already weak offence. If they trade O'Reilly, they better fill a hole with a good player.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I don't recall ever seeing geographic location of the draft ever being a factor on whether or not the host city/team trades a pick. I'm a Stars fan. Unless they win the lotto, I prefer that they trade the pick. Give me an established, second line center over some kid who will likely be another bust in 2022.

And yes, I know ROR will likely cost more than just a 13oa pick.

Reactions: WJCJ

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
You should just stop being a hockey fan if you think ROR is anywhere near Klingberg in value.

You should stop posting on the trade board if you think trade value is determined in a vacuum of player to player comparisons.

Top pair defensemen... that's the cost of our 60 point selke caliber 1st line center.

Reactions: DJN21

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Odd we just got one less then a year ago for not a top 4 D....
And less than a year ago we got a top 4 defenseman for a 3rd round pick, a bottom 6 winger and an overpaid, oft injured, undersized winger. Sometimes you can rip other teams off, typically you have to give something of value to get something of value.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
You should stop posting on the trade board if you think trade value is determined in a vacuum of player to player comparisons.

Top pair defensemen... that's the cost of our 60 point selke caliber 2ND line center.
Fixed your post for you.

Edit; and no, while being a great defensive center that can produce, he's still not worth an elite 1D on an incredible contract.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Top pair defensemen... that's the cost of our 60 point selke caliber 1st line center.
I mean I'd trade O'Reilly for Heiskanen, but I'm sure Stars fans wouldn't be too crazy about that trade either. Those are the only two players that move the needle for me in an a potential ROR deal at least as it pertains to a trade between these 2 teams.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I would be happy with something like Honka, (Shore or Faksa), and (Hintz or Tufte), and a conditional 2019 first second based on performance of the team and player

How about no. Rather try out Hintz at the 2C than overpay for ROR

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
And less than a year ago we got a top 4 defenseman for a 3rd round pick, a bottom 6 winger and an overpaid, oft injured, undersized winger. Sometimes you can rip other teams off, typically you have to give something of value to get something of value.
No doubt. Blues still paid a good price but this notion that everything is set in stone isn't true. With that said, Buffalo fans aren't crazy for asking for Parayko. Stl louis cant trade him without a replacement though. This thread should have died before the 2nd page.

Reactions: 67Blues

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The Blues are in a bad spot right now in the fact that they have a few good players, and a whole bunch of meh players. They need to fill in a bunch of holes, but they don't have enough depth to recover any trades they need to make without creating other holes. With Army stating yesterday that they'll probably only be room for one or two of our prospects, I expect that the team will stand pat with what they have and continue to retool the team around the small core they already have. They'll shoot to be competitive again in 2020-2021.

Reactions: sabrescupbound

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
The Blues are in a bad spot right now in the fact that they have a few good players, and a whole bunch of meh players. They need to fill in a bunch of holes, but they don't have enough depth to recover any trades they need to make without creating other holes. With Army stating yesterday that they'll probably only be room for one or two of our prospects, I expect that the team will stand pat with what they have and continue to retool the team around the small core they already have. They'll shoot to be competitive again in 2020-2021.

Times that by 2 and you have the Buffalo Sabers. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad