Speculation: O'Reilly Mega Thread - ALL ROR Speculation Here

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I have no clue why anyone would think the cost of ROR would be any less than the equivalent d-man

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
Would Ryan O'Reilly appeal to the Dallas Stars as a second line center in Dallas as someone who might be a better fit for the style of play Hitchcock wants to play.

I would definetly want someone like Honka as apart of the deal as he still has tremendous offensive upside, and might be a better fit for what Housley wants to run as opposed to Hitch, and we could use another RHD with top four upside with Bogosian always injured.

Players of interest in a package: Honka, D.Shore, Faaksa, Spezza (final year of deal, change of scenery candidate, but would probably refuse a trade to Buffalo), conditional 2019 #1 or 2, or R.Hintz

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
We wouldn't want Spezza he has negative value and would have to give extra just to take him.

ROR for Honka, Faksa, Spezza +1st

The first is for taking Spezza.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Most Stars fans likely won't consider moving Faksa in any trade (he's become severely overrated by our fanbase), but if we were to get ROR in return, I'd be into it.

Definitely not into paying a 1st to move Spezza though lmao.

Reactions: oconnor9sean

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Ha! Faksa is far to important to Dallas and the 1st as mentioned 5,000+ times will not be moved since the draft is in Dallas.

Wouldn't it be more exciting and impressive to announce a trade for O'Reilly than a draft pick who may not even play the next season or have little impact if he does? A team would be lucky to get a player like O'Reilly with any pick other than the top 2-3.

You are probably right that it wouldn't happen but if I were the Stars' GM I would be happy to add a player as good as O'Reilly. If Dallas won the lottery I could see it being out of the question but as of now they are picking 13th?, if I was GM the #13 pick with the draft being at the home rink would not stop me from trading it as I think there is probably not a huge chance that the player there is ever as good as O'Reilly and almost definitely would not have as quick of an impact on the team even if he turned out to be as good.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Wouldn't it be more exciting and impressive to announce a trade for O'Reilly than a draft pick who may not even play the next season or have little impact if he does? A team would be lucky to get a player like O'Reilly with any pick other than the top 2-3.

You are probably right that it wouldn't happen but if I were the Stars' GM I would be happy to add a player as good as O'Reilly. If Dallas won the lottery I could see it being out of the question but as of now they are picking 13th?, if I was GM the #13 pick with the draft being at the home rink would not stop me from trading it as I think there is probably not a huge chance that the player there is ever as good as O'Reilly and almost definitely would not have as quick of an impact on the team even if he turned out to be as good.
I agree with this. I would not hesitate using the 13th pick as a trade chip for a guy like O'Reilly or Pacioretty solely on the grounds of "we have to pick in the first round in front of our crowd", especially if the trade is made at the draft.

Reactions: WJCJ

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It is a shame that threads started with interesting ideas degenerate into name calling by a select few posters. ROR would be perfect for the Blues, but unfortunately, the Blues do not have the resources to give up a top 4 D, which seems to be the Sabre's asking price. That is all that needs to be said. Thanks to the Sabre's fans that responded thoughtfully and insightfully. Good night.

Yep, exactly what the reasonable fans have been saying. There just isn't a match, even if both clubs have players the other could use, the pieces that could be moved, just don't match up with needs.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Spezza's deal is for one year going to a team that will have a ton of cap space if they move ROR. I wouldn't say there'd be much negative value, if any.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Parayko's fair game in my book.

I think he's extremely gifted physically, and I think he's a good player, but he didn't progress one bit this season, and he played bad uninspired hockey towards the end of the year. Already know this will offend my fellow Blues fans on this board, but this lack of progression and underwhelming play was questioned yesterday to Mike Yeo and Doug Armstrong at the exit press conference. They said they are still high on him and will not trade him, but what GM would admit that? Army plays things close to the chest, and admitting that could potentially cost him some value on the market.

I see only 5-6 guys on this current team, plus a few prospects, that will be completely off limits. This will be a big offseason season for the Blues. This point was made very clear yesterday. Blues need to change in order to keep up with this division. Right now we have zero depth scoring. One or two highly skilled 18-19 year old kids can possibly help, but asking them to contribute consistently in high pressure playoff game games is a stretch. DA also admitted Fabbri is a stretch to pencil into their top 6 next year. They are still are 2 top 6 forwards away from contention.

I'm not necessarily sold on the idea of a Parayko for O'Reilly trade, but his market value should at least be discussed. Because right now were likely going into next season with Pietrangelo Parayko Edmundson Dunn Bortuzzo Gunnarson Bouwmeester and possibly Schmaltz (RFA) Walman and Mikkola pushing for spots. I also expect a Prosser-esque deal by the end of the summer. So there is depth there. It helps that we have a bonafied #1 D-man already in Pietrangelo, who's capable of playing 25+ a game. Dunn & Eddy are also coming along extremely well. Edmundson might be the most underrated player on this team.

There's no depth in the forward core. We need another center and JT is a pipe dream. Since there isn't many other game changing C's on the FA market, the trade market should be looked at. Evaluate our current players. If I see the same season from Parayko next year, I will not want him, and his value will continue to fall. I get he's some people favorite guy but trading from a strength to get a big upgrade in the middle could be just what this team needs. If not, fine. But I'm tired of hearing all players are of limits based on their potential, especially when it's guy who has been here for 3 years, with 200+ games under his belt, and has yet to show any significant growth.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Spezza's deal is for one year going to a team that will have a ton of cap space if they move ROR. I wouldn't say there'd be much negative value, if any.
Buffalo isn't doing any team a favor by taking on a cap dump just because they'd have the cap space to do so.
I don't see a fit between these two clubs for ROR. Dallas could certainly use him, but they don't have the good young defenseman available that Buffalo would need in return.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If you can't give up Top 4 D for a Top 6 C then the Blues aren't a match for ANY team.
Gotta give to get.

Buffalo isn't interested in a late 1st, winger prospects, or a recovering Fabbri.

The pieces that Buffalo would want would just create another hole. Why fill one hole if you are just going to create another?

Reactions: Mitts888

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Buffalo isn't interested in a late 1st, winger prospects, or a recovering Fabbri.

The pieces that Buffalo would want would just create another hole. Why fill one hole if you are just going to create another?

Actually, I like that proposal you have suggested. Big fan of Fabbri but he comes with risk.
Hope the kid can make a full recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad