OPPF Draft 2021 - Draft Thread

tabness

GUCCY 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
I knew when I got Bobby Hull who my next two picks would be just a matter of them being available. This pick was hard, as there were several options, not yet ready to dip into the other original six teams, but even aside from them.

Judging by previous draft history, this guy will be the least likely to continue to be available when I pick next, swift skating, quick thinking Paul Kariya.

Typical to greater than typical drop from home to road splits, but hey, he's a movie star!

NHL Stats

paul-kariya.png

@Dirt 101 is up

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Béliveau - Howe is probably my favorite forward duo that can be composed among the millions of possibilities.

And to think Howe could've played for Montreal.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Béliveau - Howe is probably my favorite forward duo that can be composed among the millions of possibilities.

And to think Howe could've played for Montreal.

“I can tell you that you have an Omaha Knights player who is better than any of the protected players on your negotiation list,” warned Selke (to Adams). “You have one day to claim him, otherwise the Canadiens will sign him.”

You CAN tell him, but you didn't have to... sigh... what a maroon

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Rocket select The Finnish Flash

The all-time leader in Olympic points (with 43) joins Laval after leading his nation to four Olympic medals, a 4-time standout:
  • 1992 Olympic goal-scoring co-leader
  • 1996 Olympic leading point scorer
  • 2006 Olympic all-star Top Forward
  • 2014 Olympic MVP (media vote)
Oh yeah, he also had a great career for an expansion NHL team, tying for 5th all time in NHL game-winning goals with 110.

He did all he could for Finland and Anaheim. It wasn't due to him that he never won Olympic gold. He did win a Stanley Cup, tied for 2nd in team scoring and the lead in even-strength playoff goals, as a 36 year old on the 2nd line.

Welcome Teemu Selanne.

Last edited:

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Hammond selects the offensive finishing force that your humble dilettante and oscillating GM wished he could have snagged last season. Selected at precisely his composite average draft position these last three years, The Organ Grinders pick...

P196218S.jpg

LW Sweeney Schriner- New York Americans

PM sent to @Claude The Fraud

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Hammond selects the offensive finishing force that your humble dilettante and oscillating GM wished he could have snagged last season. Selected at precisely his composite average draft position these last three years, The Organ Grinders pick...

P196218S.jpg

LW Sweeney Schriner- New York Americans

PM sent to @Claude The Fraud
I knew when I got Bobby Hull who my next two picks would be just a matter of them being available. This pick was hard, as there were several options, not yet ready to dip into the other original six teams, but even aside from them.

Judging by previous draft history, this guy will be the least likely to continue to be available when I pick next, swift skating, quick thinking Paul Kariya.

Typical to greater than typical drop from home to road splits, but hey, he's a movie star!

NHL Stats

paul-kariya.png

@Dirt 101 is up

Schriner and Kariya were the best options if you wanted offense and good mix of goalscoring + playmaking from the LW, without sacrificing a deep team. Been true in the ATD for years too.

Reactions: ChiTownPhilly

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Schriner and Kariya were the best options if you wanted offense and good mix of goalscoring + playmaking from the LW, without sacrificing a deep team. Been true in the ATD for years too.
It's funny- in retrospect, when I 4th-round-drafted Kariya last year, I ended the season wondering if that selection was one of my Rookie Mistakes.

Perhaps the mistake wasn't so much me drafting Kariya when I did- it was the decision to mate him with [Undrafted]-[Undrafted] on a BitchElegant All-Speed Line that wound up getting broadly criticized for being too soft.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
He would’ve been a real nice winger for Mario.

With how unpredictable this draft can be, my plans get ruined way more often than the other drafts. I say to myself, just wait to see what’s available when you’re up, but I can’t help it lol

Yeah especially when you gamble on O6 players making it back to you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad