OPPF Draft 2021 - Draft Thread

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
The Regina Pats are proud to select, from Trois-Rivières, Québec, «Le Gros Bill», Jean Béliveau.

upload_2021-10-6_19-48-56.jpeg

Reactions: BenchBrawl

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The newest Rocket was the 10th defenseman ranked on the recent HOH Top-100 project (and 10th dman taken in this draft), renowned for his speed, stickhandling, bodychecking and relentless play. Laval welcomes King Clancy!
...an electrifying on- ice presence. As wonderful a skater and stickhandler as he was, King was equally vigorous without the puck...

Reactions: BenchBrawl

tabness

GUCCY (pray for GAZA)
Apr 4, 2014
Sorry guys, I will pick none other than Paul Coffey, a cornerstone player that personifies this team so well (perfect era too). Miami Vice weren't going to be a defensive team lol

coffey.png

You'd think Coffey would have worse than usual home/road splits, I certainly assumed that, but he holds up quite well, even more favorably than Orr I'd say (especially the goal scoring).

NHL Stats

This Gretzky video does a good job highlighting Coffey, perfect track to go too:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Sorry guys, I will pick none other than Paul Coffey, a cornerstone player that personifies this team so well (perfect era too). Miami Vice weren't going to be a defensive team lol

View attachment 468648

You'd think Coffey would have worse than usual home/road splits, I certainly assumed that, but he holds up quite well, even more favorably than Orr I'd say (especially the goal scoring).

NHL Stats

This Gretzky video does a good job highlighting Coffey, perfect track to go too:

Great pick, 2nd best D from a weak team after Denis Potvin. I was strongly considering him.

I'm actually glad you picked him, made my decision easier.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The Montreal Wanderers select a defenseman who won the equivalent of 4 Norris trophies (based on pre-Norris AST voting), a great offensive defenseman who is also very good defensively, can play at D and C, great playoff performer, amateur boxer, the player with the most Stanley Cups who didn't play for Montreal, Red Kelly, D.

1954-topps-5-red-kelly-13478.jpg

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Even though we have about the same number of GMs each year, this draft still has a lot of variance from year to year. Off the bat this year, we have some very offensive cores and some very defensive cores...

Miami: Hull, Jagr, Coffey
Regina: Howe, Beliveau, Shore

Laval: Harvey, Fetisov, Clancy
Edmonton: Nighbor, Clarke, Hasek

Interested to see how these teams fill out

Reactions: ResilientBeast

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Even though we have about the same number of GMs each year, this draft still has a lot of variance from year to year. Off the bat this year, we have some very offensive cores and some very defensive cores...

Honestly I love this format because as a GM there's so many ways to go. I don't think I stressed more over a decision than my second a third picks (of course someone taking Bossy made my decision much harder).

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada

Howe, Beliveau, Shore??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad