OPPF Draft 2021 - Draft Thread

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It is pretty clear, Brad Marchand, LW (BOS)

If you squint enough

Marchand - Nighbor - Iginla looks like the Bruins trio

cut.jpg

I had predicted Marchand would get taken. Taking into account positional considerations, his resume is now in the territory of him being worthy of going in the early 100s in the main ATD.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I had predicted Marchand would get taken. Taking into account positional considerations, his resume is now in the territory of him being worthy of going in the early 100s in the main ATD.

His record looks incredible

AS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5
Selke: 9, 9, 10
Hart: 5, 5, 7, 9

Good playoff performer, a really good complimentary winger from an 06 franchise. After the Esposito double pick and I missed on Bucyk made sense to target him.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
From the chat thread @ChiTownPhilly posted this for his pick...

We'll take the one who'll fit in better in our Rust Belt home.
Hammond selects Cecil Dillon, RW- New York Rangers

Like Bathgate and Delvecchio, he never misses games. Hard to overstate how much value that adds, in a 20-man roster paradigm. He's also the option that provides the best defensive chops. I'll be delighted to add a little more of that on the Organ Grinders' R-side.

@Dirt 101 is up

Reactions: ChiTownPhilly

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Laval selects the Selke-winning (and three-time 2nd in voting), three-time Stanley Cup champion defensive forward John Madden, who started his NHL career at LW and shifted to C.

Reactions: ChiTownPhilly

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
About changes to the OPPF: why change something that works so well?

This draft was a blast. Does anyone disagree with that?

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
@tinyzombies -

If you drop Joel Otto, no lasting harm will have been done. If you drop Fredrickson, though...
Frank Fredrickson, pre-NHL
"Like" the pick- hate that he was denied to me as an option. In less than three years, The Lieutenant has gone from "on-the-outside-looking-in" to Last Round pick to being selected with seven rounds to go. His star is on-the-rise.
That would be dillworthy.:mad:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Sorry about the wait, I fell asleep just before my clock.

Vladimir Lutchenko, D (USSR)

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Chicago's last pick comes from Montreal and will slot in as second line Center between Firsov and Martinec forming the FML Line (because that's what opposing defenses say to themselves when they have to line up against them :naughty:)!

Chicago selects Newsy Lalonde, C (Montreal)

Lalonde also completes our trio of big/physical/nasty centers: Messier - Lalonde - Smith, which should take a toll on our opponents, especially over a 7 game series.

(Our 4th line center, Joe Thornton, isn't cut from quite the same cloth as these guys, but he does have size at least)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
When are we starting the assassinations? Just to make sure people put their roster post in order in their final form before people start assassinating them.

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Sorry all, will take Bengt Ake Gustafsson (Washington). Got enough firepower, the underrated Gustafsson is so versatile (like Marian can play all three forward positions, Jack Walker can play rover too lol), so good defensively, and I think would bring a good look to the Stastnys. If he remained in Edmonton after the merger, no doubt he'd make the Hall of Fame, with 100 point seasons and what not. Hall of Fame talent nonetheless.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Sorry all, will take Bengt Ake Gustafsson (Washington). Got enough firepower, the underrated Gustafsson is so versatile (like Marian can play all three forward positions, Jack Walker can play rover too lol), so good defensively, and I think would bring a good look to the Stastnys. If he remained in Edmonton after the merger, no doubt he'd make the Hall of Fame, with 100 point seasons and what not. Hall of Fame talent nonetheless.

Is he better than Gare? I was torn between the two.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
I've sent a PM to @Claude The Fraud letting him know that the last pick of the draft is his.

I haven't been staying on top of my PM-notifications, as I've been on list-pick these last three Rounds.

So many questions about add/drop. [in a 10 person draft?!?] With the possibility that multiple parties might be interested, how will that go? Derby-style?!

Not impossible that the same player(s) might be coveted by more than one person.

[I think add-drops in OPPF are for pants- but that's a discussion for next year...]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad