OOT Scoreboard 2023 playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I guess Quick has been the dressed backup.

They just had Thompson skate out there in his gear and pads for the cup celebration. They probably have a bunch of guys out there in their gear for the celebration that weren’t dressed, like all teams do.

I remember randomly spotting Scott Wedgewood dressed in the Tampa cup celebration in 2020. And he never played a game for the NHL Lightning. Not even sure he dressed at all that season for an NHL game or was more than a black ace.

Camille the Eel

somehow they’ve made the ceremony trite, with the flame and spark shooting torches and Bettman’s extended remarks and other stuff. And the sentimental voice overs from Gretzky and Jones.

It’s more impressive if they just let it speak for itself. Keep the camera on the players. If you interview anyone, interview them.

It used to be a more genuinely emotional ceremony.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The merch is ugly as hell this year. Imagine winning and the merch sucks that year.

I'll gladly love to have that problem but yeah the 20 and the 23 being so far apart is goofy looking. Makes it look like they won in 2020 and 2023 to me lol ...

L7D7BLV4GVH4NCBOB5FAVQZBN4.png

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it's great Marc Staal still doesn't have a cup. Glad the season is over, I've been watching but I just haven't been into it since we were eliminated. Bring on the next season already.
Both the oldest Staal’s are bad at NHL hockey and shouldn’t play after this year.

I can’t believe the eldest Staal was brought back from the NHL dead after an entire year.

Pretty sure this is the end for him. Some dummy signs Marc for a year cause dat vetrin D. He’s been worse than Eric for a long time.

#Tallon

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Did I just hear that right? Ekblad played with a broken foot, dislocated shoulder and a torn oblique since the Boston series.

I missed that ... freaking A/C kicked in and volume was low. I noticed Jackie Redmonds' reaction though. That's insane.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Of all players, Reilly Smith randomly ends up with the Cup clinching goal, having scored the fourth goal in a 9-3 rout.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Fighting the temptation to bump some old Facebook posts from a high school friend who lives in Vegas now. He was anti-Eichel/Pietrangelo and complained that the team would be better with Tuch, Krebs, and Schmidt.

Edit: Bah, he preemptively admitted that he was very wrong.

Last edited:

Camille the Eel

In the end, feeling it was such a crappy and disappointing final and that this playoff season ended so oddly. Vegas is an impressive club but was or wasn’t Florida worthy of coming out the east? Did injuries just get them in the end, were they a legit club or just another Montreal from 2 years back on an improbable run?

It all seems to have lasted too long, the 9 day break before the finals really broke any flow, and I wonder why I fell for watching and listening to this stuff for so long with interest.

Seeing that garbage time at the end. The TV guys telling “score” on empty netters . . . What a let down. One of the least satisfying, maybe the least satisfying final I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad