OOT Scoreboard 2023 playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The NBA is one baby step above professional wrestling as entertainment.

Tim Donaghy. It never did end there and never will.

Speaking of whistles, I'll go back to the first time Miami played Dallas for the NBA title. Every time Dwayne Wade got anywhere near the lane, he was fouled. At least that's what the refs decided. Think I'm imagining it? Plenty of writeups about it.

The inmates are running the asylum.

My colleague sat next to Adam Silver during the playoffs last season. I was trying to get him to ask Silver about the reffing but he chickened out.

Reactions: Patrik26

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If you can't work your way into the top eight while resting players throughout, you don't belong in the playoffs at all.

They do not have plenty of days off during the regular season, and you can pay them all the millions you want, it does not change their biology.

There's a performance benefit to resting players and a performance penalty to ignoring that they are human beings and pretending that just demanding toughness is the answer.

LOL with the parity in the league i really doubt that unless you are a top team in the league like the bruins this year. would absolutely love to see this board if the devils missed the playoffs by 2pts but they rested jack for 10 games during the regular season for "maintenance" nevermind worrying about seeding or home ice.

sports players job is entertainment so unless you a physically hurt then you should be out there playing otherwise find a new job if you can't physically withstand playing all the games on the schedule.

yes they do get more time off then a lot of people on this board do

Reactions: Patrik26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad