OOT Scoreboard 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Just realized that the Kings are at home, but are wearing their white jerseys. Anyone know if there's a particular reason for that?

Reactions: mdj12784

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Am I going crazy or is there an echo with these sticks? Are there sticks in the crowd? What's happening

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Am I going crazy or is there an echo with these sticks? Are there sticks in the crowd? What's happening
These are the Kings 90s heritage, and they’re white.

Some alternate jerseys are that. Our second heritage jersey was white and we wore it at home starting in 2018. Our new Reverse Retro jersey is rumored to be white, so visiting teams will wear their color jerseys.

Vilardi had a very nice pre-season.(I wrote that before Bouch said it lol.) The Kings are team I could see doing real well, they are a team I like this season.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We don’t like the term crazy. But you are hearing things? What are the voices telling you to do? Here, put this jacket on and take this pill. Yes I know the sleeves are too long.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Leah Hextall has a Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction vibe going tonight, and honestly it kind of works for her.
That is a popular movie in my house. All of us enjoy one Tarantino movie or another. My favorite is Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. Really well done historical fiction.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That is a popular movie in my house. All of us enjoy one Tarantino movie or another. My favorite is Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. Really well done historical fiction.
Pulp Fiction was an okay movie. I saw it a few times, but they were all 25+ years ago. It’s certainly no Goodfellas for me, as most of you can probably tell.

I remember not thinking Uma Thurman was all that cute back then. I just wasn’t really attracted to her in that movie. So I had to go look up what she looked like in the movie, just to see if maybe I like her now than I did in the mid-90’s. It’s quite frequent that I’ll go back and be like “Wow! She’s amazing! Why wasn’t I obsessed with her in 1994? She’s stunning!” And other times I’ll be like “God, I don’t know what I saw in her back in 1995, but looking at her now from 1995, I’m just not into her anymore”.

I still don’t like her much from that movie. I thought she was really pretty in the Kill Bill movies and had to look those up again to see if I still felt that way and I do.

I don’t dig that haircut on her. It’s cute sometimes, but I don’t like it on her. That Bob cut.

And speaking of hair, I always thought John Travolta was absolutely hideous in that movie. Just really hard on the eyes. That haircut (which isn’t his real hair) just really don’t make him look like much of a stud. The stupid looking haircut is probably something unique to his character. It’s like it’s supposed to look stupid and that’s the point. It totally makes his face not look good either. Definitely not his real hair. He’s another guy that frequently goes back and forth between (fake) hair and then he’s bald again, with no trace remaining hair growthage.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Todd McLellan is another LOSER that I love to root against and I just love watching him fail.

And I’m still bitter with some of his fanclub over on the Sharks forum. And believe me, it wasn’t a huge fan club at all, but it had at least one vocal member.

I used to take so many shots at him. I remember the game where the Sharks played the Kings in 2015 in the stadium series game at the 49ers stadium. Eddie Olczyk randomly said “Todd McLellan, who is an ELITE coach in the league” and I started giggling so hard.

And then the next year when the Sharks got off to a hot start (and eventually made it to the SCF) under DeBoer, Olczyk and the NBC panel were all questioning if maybe it’s because the coach is gone that the Sharks are doing so much better lol. Last year you’re calling him an elite coach and now it’s finally maybe his fault because of how hot their first 5 games were. Okay.

Reactions: Guttersniped

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Pulp Fiction was an okay movie. I saw it a few times, but they were all 25+ years ago. It’s certainly no Goodfellas for me, as most of you can probably tell.

I remember not thinking Uma Thurman was all that cute back then. I just wasn’t really attracted to her in that movie. So I had to go look up what she looked like in the movie, just to see if maybe I like her now than I did in the mid-90’s. It’s quite frequent that I’ll go back and be like “Wow! She’s amazing! Why wasn’t I obsessed with her in 1994? She’s stunning!” And other times I’ll be like “God, I don’t know what I saw in her back in 1995, but looking at her now from 1995, I’m just not into her anymore”.

I still don’t like her much from that movie. I thought she was really pretty in the Kill Bill movies and had to look those up again to see if I still felt that way and I do.

I don’t dig that haircut on her. It’s cute sometimes, but I don’t like it on her. That Bob cut.

And speaking of hair, I always thought John Travolta was absolutely hideous in that movie. Just really hard on the eyes. That haircut (which isn’t his real hair) just really don’t make him look like much of a stud. The stupid looking haircut is probably something unique to his character. It’s like it’s supposed to look stupid and that’s the point. It totally makes his face not look good either. Definitely not his real hair. He’s another guy that frequently goes back and forth between (fake) hair and then he’s bald again, with no trace remaining hair growthage.

• Wow
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I’ve never seen Saturday Night Fever, thank god.

But I’m very familiar with the actor who plays his dad. His name is Val Bisoglio and he just died last year at the age of 95.

He played a very memorable role on one of the funniest episodes of All in the Family, where Archie sees an Italian store owner mugged and tells the papers it was the mafia and a big bullet proof Cadillac.

After Archie says that in the papers, a guy from an Italian anti-defamation group comes to his house to talk to him about using the word mafia and bringing all this heat to Italians and portraying them as gangsters. And it’s the dad from Saturday Night Fever. Archie is convinced he’s an actual mafia member and changes his story because he thinks it’s a mobster that’s there to intimidate him into changing his story, because it’s Archie and we all know Archie isn’t too bright.

He also played another character on All in the Family where he robs the whole family by pulling a gun on them while they’re out eating dinner after Archie wrote a pro-gun editorial.

In both episodes he exits by saying the same exact line. “bye bye everybody!”.

Reactions: Dialamo and Nubmer6

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I’ve never seen Saturday Night Fever, thank god.

But I’m very familiar with the actor who plays his dad. His name is Val Bisiglio and he just died last year at the age of 95.

He played a very memorable role on one of the funniest episodes of All in the Family, where Archie sees an Italian store owner mugged and tells the papers it was the mafia and a big bullet proof Cadillac.

After Archie says that in the papers, a guy from an Italian anti-defamation group comes to his house to talk to him about using the word mafia and bringing all this heat to Italians and portraying them as gangsters. And it’s the dad from Saturday Night Fever. Archie is convinced he’s an actual mafia member and changes his story because he thinks it’s a mobster that’s there to intimidate him into changing his story, because it’s Archie and we all know Archie isn’t too bright.

He also played another character on All in the Family where he robs the whole family by pulling a gun on them while they’re out eating dinner after Archie wrote a pro-gun editorial.

In both episodes he exits by saying the same exact line. “bye bye everybody!”.

now i have to see this episode....

and you really should watch the fever... its a lot darker than just some disco dancing movie..

a million classic lines.....its one of my favourite movies

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

and you really should watch the fever... its a lot darker than just some disco dancing movie..

Bah. I turned to heavy metal to escape disco.

I firmly believe kids today look back romantically at the 70s because they didn't have to survive the disco scare.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I just hate Disco and The Bee Gees and that movie reminds me of it.

But if I ever get an opportunity I’ll give it an honest try.

All I can remember is the intro and Travolta walking down the street eating a hot dog. I think I saw that when I was a like a really young child. I don’t know how the hell I can remember that probably 40 years later.

The episode is Archie Sees a Mugging. His character is Ralph Silvestri and it’s one of the funniest All in the Family characters that was a one and done. There’s one part where he says “That 5 letter word that starts with an M” and Edith eventually blurts out “Oh! Mafia!” And he goes “No lady lady lady! You know what the FBI calls organized crime? Organized crime!”. And he brings up The Godfather and how the movie is based on that defunct organization and even they don’t use that word in the movie.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Well the Kings are going to have to not do that too much to live up to my earlier praise lol. Vegas is going to be good too though.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Archie is convinced he’s an actual mafia member and changes his story because he thinks it’s a mobster that’s there to intimidate him into changing his story, because it’s Archie and we all know Archie isn’t too bright.
It's funny how he played a character so dim in All In The Family, and a character so relatively bright in In The Still Of The Night.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Yeesh that’s a tough loss in the home opener for a kings team that’s supposed to have some promise this year. We know that feeling well.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's funny how he played a character so dim in All In The Family, and a character so relatively bright in In The Still Of The Night.
I never watched much of the other show, but I checked it out a few times just because I loved him as an actor and wanted to see what he was like on there. I wonder how his character on there (and I forgot his name on there) would have gotten along with Archie? Probably not at all lol.

As big of a fan I am of the original series, I can probably count the number of episodes I saw of Archie Bunker’s Place, post All in the Family.

It does seem they tried to humanize the character a bit more. Having him go into business and become very close with a Jewish fella and he didn’t seem quite as bigoted in the follow up series.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I never watched much of the other show, but I checked it out a few times just because I loved him as an actor and wanted to see what he was like on there.

As big of a fan I am of the original series, I can probably count the number of episodes I saw of Archie Bunker’s Place, post All in the Family.

It does seem they tried to humanize the character a bit more. Having him go into business and become very close with a Jewish fella and he didn’t seem quite as bigoted in the follow up series.
The only episode I remember is the one where the actress playing his wife died, and he started out of character memorializing her.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only episode I remember is the one where the actress playing his wife died, and he started out of character memorializing her.
It’s kind of weird how the actress Jean Stapleton outlived the character by probably close to 35 years. The amount of actors and actresses that ever appeared in any role on that show that are still alive are very few, aside from Sally Struthers and Rob Reiner, who were both only in their early 20’s when the series began. Both Jeffersons (did you know Louise was actually 20 years older than George in real life?), the Lorenzo’s, all the regulars. The characters that went on to do Maude. All gone. Ron Glass (who was very young then) had a memorable appearance in an episode playing a helper to a refrigerator repair man. He died several years back. Even Lionel, who was Mike and Gloria’s has been passed for quite some time now. Larry Storch had a very memorable appearance on one episode and he just died at 99 earlier this year. I was hoping he would live to be 100. I hate seeing people like him and Betty White fall so close of 100.

One other actor who’s now outlived his character by at least 45 years and counting is James Cromwell, who played Stretch Cunningham. He was only in his 30’s on the show and we never found out how he died, but we got a very funny episode where Archie shows up to his funeral and reads the eulogy, not knowing Stretch was Jewish until he arrived at the funeral and they gave him a Yamaka to wear.

The series creator Norman Lear is indeed still alive and just turned 100 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad