OOT Scoreboard 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Fe1H9KTXgAEVoiv

Um, two games have been played already lol.
On foreign soil! Them don’t count! USA! USA! USA! (Canada counts too.)

Hedman really manhandled the poor kid.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Need a one timer to beat Shesterkin more often than not.

And Tampa almost gave up another shorthanded goal. I think the penalty hadn't expired yet.

Vasilevskiy is standing on his head.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You’ve been watching baseball, which doesn’t have goalies.
573AF9A8-F7B0-4ED5-90E9-3437F3910413.gif

Need a one timer to beat Shesterkin more often than not.

And Tampa almost gave up another shorthanded goal. I think the penalty hadn't expired yet.

Vasilevskiy is standing on his head.
Vesi gunning for that Vezina, he’s taking backing his crown!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only scary thing about this game is the Rangers don't look like a punching bag that gets outpossessed and outshot and has to ride Shesterkin to their victories, like they did last year.

Not sure if the Rangers are really dominating tonight or if Tampa is just looking awful, but this game has been completely one sided.

Teams regularly did this to the Rangers last year, and they did win a lot of games while it happened due to Shesterkin.

Reactions: mdj12784

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still can't believe the Rangers got Zibanejad AND a 2nd for washed up Brassard.
Not sure which is worse...that one or McDonough for a washed up Gomez. Gomez at that point needed a first attached to get rid of that contract. I still shake my head at that one.
I've been asking since 2016 why the f*** the Sens did this trade and one guy that was a Sens fan told me how lazy Zibanejad was and how it's good they don't have him there anyway not backchecking or coasting or whatever it was they told me. Someone on the main board, that obviously wasn't a fan of Zibanejad.

And I'm pretty sure it was already a year in when I got that response. And I also think this fan was a bit smug that the Sens just so happened to eliminate the Rangers from the playoffs that year. That was about as asinine as the Oilers won the Hall/Larsson trade because the Oilers made the playoffs that first year and the Devils and Hall didn't.

That deal was even worse than Hall for Larsson one for one. A 23 year old with superstar potential for a 29 year old that was clearly already declining, NEVER lived up to his potential or draft spot and had already been thrown away by Columbus several years earlier because he never lived up to the projections.

And not only was he 29 and not all that good anymore, but that's hardly any years of team control left (not that they would have wanted it anyway) over a 23 year old that had quite a few years of team control left.

Hall and Larsson were at least only a year apart in age. What's Zibanejad, SIX years younger than Brassard?

Joke.

Dorion got hosed and I still think he's an absolute CLOWN based on this trade. Between this trade and his stupid f***ing ''So many players came up to me and shook my hand this morning for the Burrows acquisition'' quote around the same time. I can never unsee the stupid Burrows quote when I see Dorion's face. I will never take this dumbass seriously for that Burrows bullshit and this trade. I don't care how many Claude Giroux's he lures over there or how many DeBrincat's he trades for or how many good young players he drafts.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The only scary thing about this game is the Rangers don't look like a punching bag that gets outpossessed and outshot and has to ride Shesterkin to their victories, like they did last year.

Not sure if the Rangers are really dominating tonight or if Tampa is just looking awful, but this game has been completely one sided.

Teams regularly did this to the Rangers last year, and they did win a lot of games while it happened due to Shesterkin.
The Rangers’ biggest problem pre-TDL was forward depth. It’s still an issue for them but they were playing a team with bigger depth issues.

Look at Tampa’s line up without Cirelli.

It’s easy in Dom’s preview to pretend that Stamkos is the 2nd line center and therefore the top six isn’t so bad but he’s a winger now. So the big boys are all together (for now) the 1st line.

Which means the 2nd line is Killorn-Paul-Hagel and the 3rd line is Colton-Namestnikov-Koepke. Tampa is well coached and some of those are good players but… yeah.

And the 4th line might be built for the playoffs but they’re slow as f*** and will get burnt all regular season.

The defense without McDonagh and Rutta is definitely a work in progress too.

Man those chrome helmets on the Kings look so stupid.

Kings with those shiny silver chrome (thanks Saugus ;) buckets. :laugh:

The black, silver and white jerseys rock. The helmets I'm not much of a fan for.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Rangers’ biggest problem pre-TDL was forward depth. It’s still an issue for them but they were playing a team with bigger depth issues.

Look at Tampa’s line up without Cirelli.

It’s easy in Dom’s preview to pretend that Stamkos is the 2nd line center and therefore the top six isn’t so bad but he’s a winger now. So the big boys are all together (for now) the 1st line.

Which means the 2nd line is Killorn-Paul-Hagel and the 3rd line is Colton-Namestnikov-Koepke. Tampa is well coached and some of those are good players but… yeah.

And the 4th line might be built for the playoffs but they’re slow as f*** and will get burnt all regular season.

The defense without McDonagh and Rutta is definitely a work in progress too.
I said for most of last year I didn’t think they’d win the cup (once they made it to the conference finals I went back on this), nor make it to the finals again that year, but I really think they won’t this time.

I think they’ll take a step back and a step back means just no cup finals for them this year.

I think they could get back at it in 2024, but this is probably gonna be a bit of an underwhelming year, at least relative to their last 3, 4 or even 5 years ago, as they broke a record for most wins in a season 4 years ago (the first round sweep certainly was disappointing that year, but they did have the best regular season in the league that year) and they did make the conference finals 5 years ago also.

But I don’t think they’ll have as long of a playoff run this year, nor do I think they’ll win a Presidents Trophy this year.

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad