Only 96 playoff tickets went on sale in Toronto to the general public

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah but you were in the nosebleeds for that price, right? You could be in the lower bowl for that price in Washington.
Yes, my seats are 2nd last row.

It's funny, people complain about only the "elite" going to games but won't settle for the cheap seats so they can attend.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The "Suits" thing is such a myth. I was just at 2 games the past couple of weeks and they are in some seats closest to the rink, but the vast majority are just regular fans.

I was at an ACC game this winter. Some guy 2 rows behind me was making fun of people coming in with big coats. What a weird thing to bust balls over. :laugh:

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I paid around $1300 for my Cup Final ticket back in 2012 in LA, was for Game 4. By the night before the game, all the seats around and behind me in the same section were going for $15,000.

(I went to the game, unforgettable experience even though we lost.)

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
When you consider there's like a 50 year waiting list for season tickets and the existing holders get first crack at playoff tickets, this isn't surprising. I logged in at 3pm exactly and I only saw one ticket for $600+ in the lower bowl.

Thankfully I connected with a season ticket holder last year and managed to grab a pair for home game one so I'm scratching off "Leafs playoff game" from the bucket list at age 34. Pumped!

Reactions: Loosie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Went to one game there, and that was enough. The people were dicks to me and my very pregnant lady friend, and the ends of the balcony have brutal obstructed views for the sake of a concrete ledge. Totally unacceptable for a newish arena like that to have obstructions that severe.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I went to a game in Toronto, it cost me $500 for the pair. It was a regular season game right before the team got Matthews against the Habs when they had Subban and I'd do it again.

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
This isn't just a sporting event problem. I notice this when trying to buy concert tickets as well.

Tickets go on sale to the general public and bam they're sold out within seconds, but of course there is no shortage of people scalping tickets. Its a free market but ill be damned if it isn't greasy as hell.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
Yes, my seats are 2nd last row.

It's funny, people complain about only the "elite" going to games but won't settle for the cheap seats so they can attend.

It's ironic because a lot of the sight lines in the upper bowl are superior to the premium seats plus the vibe can be so much better. I've got no problem sitting in the "cheap seats.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Went to one game there, and that was enough. The people were dicks to me and my very pregnant lady friend, and the ends of the balcony have brutal obstructed views for the sake of a concrete ledge. Totally unacceptable for a newish arena like that to have obstructions that severe.
It was built initially for basketball.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
It's ironic because a lot of the sight lines in the upper bowl are superior to the premium seats plus the vibe can be so much better. I've got no problem sitting in the "cheap seats.
I sat 1st row behind the visiting bench after about 10 minutes I was missing my regular upper bowl seat.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Kinda makes sense then. Also, damn that’s a big ass arena for basketball.
Leafs bought the Raptors when the Arena was half complete.
It's not ideal but without that happening I never would have gotten my season tix.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Leafs bought the Raptors when the Arena was half complete.
It's not ideal but without that happening I never would have gotten my season tix.
They wanted a separate arena for the Raptors but it was too expensive.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yikes this actually makes me feel bad for Toronto fans. I went to a playoff game a few years back with my brother who also bought us jerseys and I’m sure it was still cheaper than a single playoff game ticket in Toronto (whoever said money can’t buy love is full of shit).

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
They wanted a separate arena for the Raptors but it was too expensive.
They can have the ACC, opening a new rink for the Leafs would be fantastic. (Unless they put it in Markham)

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Its gonna be loud for toronto for those playoffs games, but quiet compared to every other arena.

Sad considering the rabid fanbase that has to watch from home, while businessmen peruse their phones during the game.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad