Olympic qualification - Vojens 7-10 february

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Never would i even imagine calling Masalskis a diver,how the hell can you even call a goalie a diver? field players-sure,but goalies really dude. Calm down.

Are you kidding me? :laugh: He flops on his belly like he's shot each time somebody bumps into him. I can't even think of the reason you wouldn't acknowledge that. Maybe because Dinamo had so many powerplays after Masalskis' antics back in the day.

On the unrelated note, I'm calm as a cucumber ;)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
4-2 Slovenia. Quite a surprise I must say!

Urbas and David Rodman each with 1G 1A.
Austria wins 3-2 Italy.

Last edited:

TheSlovenian

Aug 23, 2011
Ljubljana
Our team is pretty good. Ofc we have a huge handicap, because Kopi and Muršak are not playing, but we have a good coach (Kopitars father) and players that will bleed for our natinaol team.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Our team is pretty good. Ofc we have a huge handicap, because Kopi and Muršak are not playing, but we have a good coach (Kopitars father) and players that will bleed for our natinaol team.

Yeah.....we wont underestimate you!
Lets hope we can avoid real bleeding and see a great hockey match :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Please don't tell me that Carsten Werge will commentate the match?? He's already called Olaf Eller "Olav" three times :facepalm:

Olaf/Olav can actually both be pronounced "olau".
In old-icelandic medial -f- is pronounced more as a v - for instance "hrafn" (raven) pronounced /ravn/ - in danish it becomes a diphtong so /raun/ and /olau/. So it's more about asking the guy how he wants it pronounced!

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Well... the first sigh of relief. That's a win and therefor a fine start to the tournament. One step closer to Sochi! Make it happen!!!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I don't know, I was seeing some of the same tendencies as in the 2012WC not too optimistic about tomorrow, with Slovenia playing a great game and all..

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Hello there Danish fans! :D first off congrats on win over ukraine. i wanted to ask,how do you guys feel about the game against slovenia? It looked like they outmatched Belarus in all areas.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hello there Danish fans! :D first off congrats on win over ukraine. i wanted to ask,how do you guys feel about the game against slovenia? It looked like they outmatched Belarus in all areas.

Well by the sounds of it, the Danish team were satisfied as they wanted to focus on the defensive aspect of the game, which was good.

But our offense looked sloppy and not at all up in gear. They are capable of much much more. But if they do not rise to the occassion I think Slovenia could win.

It all boils down to wether or not Denmark will come running full throttle, or if they will do as yesterday and just slop their way thru.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Many thanks :) a win is a win but it was not very impressive. If they don't play better then Slovenia will take it. It was essential a Ukraine B-squad we faced, so only getting a 2-0 victory (on 2 more or less soft goals) and being saved by Frederik Andersen is a bit of a worry.
Hopefully it was only nervousness before the first match and they have now shed it; if not olympic qualification will be Slovenian.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Many thanks :) a win is a win but it was not very impressive. If they don't play better then Slovenia will take it. It was essential a Ukraine B-squad we faced, so only getting a 2-0 victory (on 2 more or less soft goals) and being saved by Frederik Andersen is a bit of a worry.
Hopefully it was only nervousness before the first match and they have now shed it; if not olympic qualification will be Slovenian.

Haha well at least our Women are doing a great job! Beat Slovakia and Norway, now only Japan stands in the way of their OG particaipation :D Even more impressive, the top 2 lines of the danish team is full off U18 players.

Also, Denmark FINALLY beat Norway albeit at U18 Level, 7-0 in the friendly tournament in minsk in which they also beat Belarus 3-1 Yesterday :D

This U18 generation looks really good, our U16 team also recently won a tourney in minsk.

I know this was a off-topic, but after that boring game yesterday and a less than good night for the danes in the NHL, we need a little good news :P

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Haha well at least our Women are doing a great job! Beat Slovakia and Norway, now only Japan stands in the way of their OG particaipation :D Even more impressive, the top 2 lines of the danish team is full off U18 players.

Also, Denmark FINALLY beat Norway albeit at U18 Level, 7-0 in the friendly tournament in minsk in which they also beat Belarus 3-1 Yesterday :D

This U18 generation looks really good, our U16 team also recently won a tourney in minsk.

I know this was a off-topic, but after that boring game yesterday and a less than good night for the danes in the NHL, we need a little good news :P

If im not mistaken its the same tourney where latvia participates we also beat norway :laugh: Finally were getting the better of them :sarcasm:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
If im not mistaken its the same tourney where latvia participates we also beat norway :laugh: Finally were getting the better of them :sarcasm:

Yeah 7-2 if im not mistaken :D Let's hope this becomes a tendency and not just a fluke :P

How did your guys fare against Belarus?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yeah 7-2 if im not mistaken :D Let's hope this becomes a tendency and not just a fluke :P

How did your guys fare against Belarus?

Idk i just heard about the norway game you know with the olympic qual and all,these news are not that important to media :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

The women NT are doing something absolutely not expected. Stunning is the only word for it. It's even without our superstar Michelle Karvinen - that chose to play for the Finnish NT, because Denmark was rubbish (so how fast it can change). We have only like 400?? female players in the country.

Danish women are 19'th ranked in the world and beat 7'th ranked Slovakia 2-1 and now Norway 2-1 in shootout that are 10'th ranked (we went through earlier qualification against Hungary, Spain and Croatia). Last match will be Japan 11'th ranked. If they pull this off, it would be like Ukraine or GB winning the mens qualification groups!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad