Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 290103

I think at this stage, if he even plays as an NHL regular that will be welcome news. More and more we hear about this guy, the less confidence I have that he will amount to anything.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Suggesting top euro leagues are bad/weak due to older ex-NHL players playing there is just silly. Retiring form the NHL isn't always the end of hockey players careers you know, and not being at an NHL level doesn't mean players forget how to play hockey at a high level, or aren't good players anymore. The NHL is the best league in the world for a reason, and if you're no longer able to keep up, you get pushed out. There are lots of good pro hockey players that can't make/stay in the NHL until they retire, and are thus forced into league like the KHL/SHL/Liiga etc. Using Henrik Tallinder as a reason why Juolevi's season has been poor is...well...a weak argument at best. Tallinder is still a good vet D, just not an NHL defencemen, and that's fine. Liiga is probably the 3rd/4th best league outside of the NHL, and Olli has played well all year there, so we should expect him to push hard for a roster spot next fall.

Reactions: coldsteel79

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Suggesting top euro leagues are bad/weak due to older ex-NHL players playing there is just silly. Retiring form the NHL isn't always the end of hockey players careers you know, and not being at an NHL level doesn't mean players forget how to play hockey at a high level, or aren't good players anymore. The NHL is the best league in the world for a reason, and if you're no longer able to keep up, you get pushed out. There are lots of good pro hockey players that can't make/stay in the NHL until they retire, and are thus forced into league like the KHL/SHL/Liiga etc. Using Henrik Tallinder as a reason why Juolevi's season has been poor is...well...a weak argument at best. Tallinder is still a good vet D, just not an NHL defencemen, and that's fine. Liiga is probably the 3rd/4th best league outside of the NHL, and Olli has played well all year there, so we should expect him to push hard for a roster spot next fall.

So a guy who is lower in the depth chart than Henrik Tallinder who is "just not an NHL defecemen" will suddenly push hard for a roster spot in the NHL next year...how does that make sense to you?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think at this stage, if he even plays as an NHL regular that will be welcome news. More and more we hear about this guy, the less confidence I have that he will amount to anything.
This unfortunately is probably the most accurate post in this thread recently

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
This unfortunately is probably the most accurate post in this thread recently
Or not
Seriously, the positive is actually more than the negatives for him this season, if posters like you actually care to open your eyes, it’s right infront of you.
He’s developing, slowly but surely.
Give it a rest on the low nhl upside bull craps

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Or not
Seriously, the positive is actually more than the negatives for him this season, if posters like you actually care to open your eyes, it’s right infront of you.
He’s developing, slowly but surely.
Give it a rest on the low nhl upside bull craps
Right....I'll trust you over Sammi Salo.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
This is so tiring
I’ve decided to give up, the truth will show itself next season.

Just make it crystal clear for myself, no I am not a Benning supporters, in fact I am the complete opposite. I just can’t stand when people decided to completely ignored the positive of one prospect and focus 100% on the negative. It seriously enrage me

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Salo pointed out bad things about Juolevi, but he also said some good.
You are just ignoring the good part
No I'm not......it is very concerning that conditioning is an issue with a player that has been touted as a top pairing defenceman. It is very disturbing that these comments come a year after he was at camp and clearly not strong enough.

Verbalyst

Jan 9, 2007
Buffalo, NY
He's most likely the 2nd best U20 defenseman in the league behind a similarly rated (yet a year younger Heiskanen). Is selected as Finland's best defenseman at the WJC while having a solid tournament there. Comes back.... gets rested a few games. Gets back in the lineup plays good the rest of the year, yet everyone here calls him a bust.

Meanwhile Craig Button, Bob McKenzie sing his praises and say be patient. He's in serious consideration for the Finland WC team. Every 19 year old has things they need to improve on. I have faith he'll be an important piece of this team's future.

Reactions: Numba9 and Index

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Good solid game. Let's hope he continues to play those big minutes. A pretty good year considering his camp last fall.

according to one of the members on the "other" forum who watches Him play (and Pettersson, he's lives in Europe) said that he played a very calm and cool patient game, and also played more physical then they've seen Juolevi normally do. his team is up 1-0.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
according to one of the members on the "other" forum who watches Him play (and Pettersson, he's lives in Europe) said that he played a very calm and cool patient game, and also played more physical then they've seen Juolevi normally do. his team is up 1-0.
This kind of post will get buried very soon by people who aren’t willing to stretch their mind a bit

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
No I'm not......it is very concerning that conditioning is an issue with a player that has been touted as a top pairing defenceman. It is very disturbing that these comments come a year after he was at camp and clearly not strong enough.
That comment was made a few months ago, ever since his two games scratched, he got back in the line up and continues to play well.
Yet people will use that comment to sum up his entire season, it’s really frustrating to see

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I sincerely want Juolevi to work out but until he makes it in the NHL he is still just a prospect.
Then treat him like a prospects, the good comes with the bad for a developing young prospects.
Most people treat him like a washed up soon to retire bust with nothing but negative, as if any late round drafted pick is more talented than hm

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Then treat him like a prospects, the good comes with the bad for a developing young prospects.
Most people treat him like a washed up soon to retire bust with nothing but negative, as if any late round drafted pick is more talented than hm
Fair enough...but don't use him to say that Lindenning have a"plan" and we should trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad