Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Brandon Davidson off of waivers

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I don't think the upside on Davidson is huge... but it never hurts to have another solid top 6 option.

It's interesting that the Oilers could basically have had both Reinhart and Davidson back for zero cost... making them I think the only team that lost ZERO assets of any significance at all in the expansion draft. That's good isn't it? :)

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I don't think the upside on Davidson is huge... but it never hurts to have another solid top 6 option.

It's interesting that the Oilers could basically have had both Reinhart and Davidson back for zero cost... making them I think the only team that lost ZERO assets of any significance at all in the expansion draft. That's good isn't it? :)

That says not even an expansion team wants the assets... so not good considering Davidson will be in the lineup now. All the talk and despair about him going to Vegas, and then Reinhart going, shows that in the end a. The people in charge knew what they were doing and b. The assets had basically zero value anyways.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Was always a great story, hopefully he can get back to peak form. Not a huge game changer but you definitely can't help but root for the guy.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I mean he's not wrong. There's no reason to try Auvitu at wing right now.

I'm glad Davidson's back, give him a shot to replace Gryba. Though I'm sure Gryba will play against Philly, considering he was pretty good against Calgary.

Strudwick mentioned trying Auvitu as a winger sometime last week so I wonder if the idea's been tossed around. Send him down and start the transition. The Condors could use more offence and, if it pans out, we have another offensive threat.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Auvitu at wing isn't the worst idea. It's not like the team has a surplus of speedy wingers atm.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I like Auvitu way more than most. I definitely think he has good offensive instincts and isn't as bad defensively as some seem to think he is either. I also think Stanton is a good top 6 option as well. Oilers D depth is very solid and is not a weakness. Acquiring Davidson just adds to that.

Reactions: MinimaMoralia

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Davidson quote from the embedded tweet:

"This is home. This is where my comfort is. I feel like there's a lot of opportunity for me here still."

Maybe he was feeling unhappy in Montreal and that reflected in his play.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

"This is home. This is where my comfort is. I feel like there's a lot of opportunity for me here still."

The thing is from day one he wasn't really used there. I don't know how the media was to him there, but that team has been through a lot this year and they have a worse media than we do.

Makes sense that he is happy. Alberta boy, that played junior in Sask. It is his home. Hopefully for both sides he can play a solid game and help with the transition game.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

The exact same words that comes out of my mouth every time people asked why I left Montreal for Edmonton. Montreal will always be my second home tho

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He says he couldn't get the smile off of his face when he found out the news.

What's this, a player that likes Edmonton, and obviously the media and fans by extension? I thought we were so terrible here that no one wants to play here?:sarcasm::laugh:
He was a pretty feel good type story here though. Everyone was pulling for him.

That and he never really was played over his head for that long where it started to hurt him.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
That’s not one of those generic “I’m so glad to be here in (insert city)” statements. You can tell we’re by far his number one choice. Hopefully the boost of confidence can return him even close to form. He doesn’t need to go back to being a #4 for him to be a good pickup. If he can be a reliable #5/6 who can push our regulars, and step in whenever someone’s hurt, that’s a valuable piece to bring back

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Davidson was a solid prospect less than 2 years ago, playing top 4 minutes on some occasions. There is no downside to this move. At worst he's a 6-7 d-man. At best he will be able to anchor the bottom pairing and kill penalties.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I actually don't mind the idea of Auvitu on the wing. He wasn't a liability when he was tried out and he actually got to the right places in deep (since he's used to pinching anyways). I agree that if this is an indication, I'm down for giving him a one game try out up on the wing.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Davidson was solid here for a long time. It would have been considered a big luxury to have him on the bottom pairing. He's had some injuries, and that tells me his struggles could be temporary

Reactions: Aerchon

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Davidson was solid here for a long time. It would have been considered a big luxury to have him on the bottom pairing. He's had some injuries, and that tells me his struggles could be temporary
Davidson was solid here for a short time a long time ago. He had a good final month two seasons ago and everyone pencilled him in as a top 4 d-man. He wasn't very good before that, he hasn't been very good since.

He's the Anton Lander of defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad