Confirmed with Link: Oilers claim Brandon Davidson off of waivers

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Perfect. I have nothing against Davidson, but being at 50 contracts because we added a fringe 4th liner and bottom pairing dman is not a good position to be in...

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Perfect. I have nothing against Davidson, but being at 50 contracts because we added a fringe 4th liner and bottom pairing dman is not a good position to be in...

I believe it's 49 according to Stauffer. Paigan contract terminated

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nice to have Davy back. I'd imagine that's the end of Auvitu once Larsson is healthy.

Nurse-Lars
Klef-Russell
Davy-Benning
Gryba

looks like it'll be solid once Sekera is good to go.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised. I didn't think there was much of a dman left that was worth claiming, but who knows. The Oilers have little to lose giving him a chance, though I hope this doesn't mean that Larsson's injury is more serious than is being let on. That would REALLY suck.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Welcome back Davy!

Injuries have taken a toll on him but it's nice to have him back. We'll see where his game is at but the Davidson I remember from last year is at least better than Auvitu and Gryba.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised. I didn't think there was much of a dman left that was worth claiming, but who knows. The Oilers have little to lose giving him a chance, though I hope this doesn't mean that Larsson's injury is more serious than is being let on. That would REALLY suck.
I'm really surprised, apart from his locker room attitude he may bring, he is not much better than Gryba, pick your poison. Saw him play several games here, quite slow, poor decision making and very suspect skating., guess we're more desperate than the suckage Habs

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
I definitely prefer Davidson over Auvitu. Auvitu makes way too many risky plays, Davidson is pretty sound defensively when playing limited minutes.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Chia's strategy of tanking for waiver priority worked lol

welcome back Davidson! (hopefully he can play like he did in 2015-16)

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I definitely prefer Davidson over Auvitu. Auvitu makes way too many risky plays, Davidson is pretty sound defensively when playing limited minutes.

Also has a cannon of a shot IIRC. Just dont remember if it was accurate

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I’ve always liked Davidson, glad to see him back in the mix. I think he was quite disappointed to have been traded as well and Chiarelli getting him back for free partly shows he may not have wanted to give him up either but had to based on the circumstances.

I don’t watch the Habs at all so I cannot comment on his apparent poor play this season. Maybe part of it was adjusting to the style of play Julien was wanting him to play?

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
a very slight upgrade to the bottom pairing. hope he can contribute in a positive way

maybe he can Pk?

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Welcome back, Davidson! He was steady with the minutes he was given when he was here and we only traded him because there was a high chance we would lose him for nothing at the Expansion draft.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
At his best, there was a time when Davidson looked a lot like the 'good' version of Matt Benning last year...but then a run of injuries pretty much broke him physically.

As stated, it's an interesting play. It's not too often that a team will give a castoff a 2nd chance with their franchise. It makes you wonder why the Oilers chose to do it with Davidson and not Reinhart. I know that their injury situation is a bit more dire now than it was when Reinhart hit the waiver wire, but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->