Post-Game Talk: Oilers 8 - Vegas 2

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
Most impressive thing McDavid showed last night wasn't his 2g 1a 3pts night, it's how mature and grounded he was giving encouragement to the opponent's junior goalie.

He got his 4th point and a hat trick taken away by an incorrect call from the ref(Maroon was hit into the goalie by the VGK d man), and he has the humility in that heated/excited moment to not just not complaining to the ref understanding that it's a 7-2 game at that point, but also give a tab to Ferguson as encouragement and being a great sport.

Very impressive and that's what a true leader is like.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Friedman loves the Flames for some reason. He picked them to win the West at the start of last playoffs.

I am of the belief that he has a bias against the Oilers. Can’t blame him really, a lot of people will have a hate against them for all those1st overalls. I thing Hreudy rubs off on him with all the flames love. Shows his actual level of knowledge though, flames suck in the post season.

Reactions: Del Preston

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
hope they can build on this win, if only some confidence for Maroon.

Happy for the home crowd who deserved this kind of win.

I really hope Khaira can keep contributing. He can be our Dwight King.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Boomer giving the Oil some slack over Connor trying to score the hattrick on the kid.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
hope they can build on this win, if only some confidence for Maroon.

Happy for the home crowd who deserved this kind of win.

I really hope Khaira can keep contributing. He can be our Dwight King.

I agree, building off this game is what this team needs. No more settling after a win with a putrid effort.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Boomer giving the Oil some slack over Connor trying to score the hattrick on the kid.

SimpsonsChildren.jpg

Besides, if you're a 18-year-old kid making your NHL debute, do you want the players to purposely not score on you? That would feel like a f***ing letdown, making the whole thing feel meaningless.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Some nice moments last night. When the goalie from Kamloops comes in he's nervous as hell which is expectable. Who wouldn't be in that situation and especially in his first minutes in the league and coming in and its 6-2 and expecting a shooting gallery. Ref comes over to him and taps him, that was a nice touch. McDavid, after Maroon plows him, taps his pads and acknowledges him. Welcome to the NHL kid. Nothing personal.

Its moments like this that really make you love the players and game. Little glimpses at the heart and understanding.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Some interesting stats from last game:

Letestu, Kassian and Nurse were all -1 in a 8-2 blowout.
Puljujarvi led the forwards with 3 hits
Puljujarvi had the lowest TOI for forwards last game despite being on the 2nd line and getting PP time.
McDavid was 0% on the dot, Khaira 20%, Letestu 38% and RNH 44%

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
SimpsonsChildren.jpg

Besides, if you're a 18-year-old kid making your NHL debute, do you want the players to purposely not score on you? That would feel like a ****ing letdown, making the whole thing feel meaningless.

Kind of what I thought.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Pulju breaking stick, skating by the bench, and somebody ( I don't know who it was) extending a stick so that he could grab it in stride and then forecheck effectively was a great little sequence. Really enjoyed that one. Showed good concentration from the player and the bench and almost resulted in a Vegas delay of game call. Little things like that exhibiting the club having a sharp and focused outing.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
The Pulju breaking stick, skating by the bench, and somebody ( I don't know who it was) extending a stick so that he could grab it in stride and then forecheck effectively was a great little sequence. Really enjoyed that one. Showed good concentration from the player and the bench and almost resulted in a Vegas delay of game call. Little things like that exhibiting the club having a sharp and focused outing.

speaking of Pulju, he is noticeably faster. Skating has improved drastically from last year, Very fast skater when he hits his stride. Its the quickness that will keep getting better as he matures

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
speaking of Pulju, he is noticeably faster. Skating has improved drastically from last year, Very fast skater when he hits his stride. Its the quickness that will keep getting better as he matures

He looks like a monster on the ice.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Definitely making himself far more useful out there. Was just as fast last year if you just had him do a race, but in the game, he was rarely in a good spot, and coasting in those big circles puck watching and taking himself out of the play too often.

Really like what we've seen from him these last 3 games.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Bah, its humor. I don't mind it all if people have a laugh, get a chance to have some fun around here in a serious world. Lord knows there hasn't been much fun in Oilers world this season and people were having some last night and its predictable. As people know I feed the fun sometimes too. Still, shouldn't cross over into contempt. Life is too short for that.

I don't know who that older guy is (never seen him before but his personality leapt off the screen immediately the moment you see him.) I bet that guy is a riot as a Dad, as a grandpa etc. What a character. Memorable.

I like as well that people didn't make fun of the fella. They laughed with him and the comments about him here were just funny.

Last night was a fun game.

The players could sure use a game like that as well. I almost saw Lucic smile..;)
Totally off topic but if we’re going to talk about it being a fun night and mention Lucic then my favourite part was the photo shown with Lucic and Vlady Divac. Lucic looked like Yamamoto standing next to Vlady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad