Oilers 5, Flames 2 - Everything is Awful

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Really like those lines you out together. Though, why not put a rookie on the 3rd line, especially since the veterans this season seem to be going through the motions?
I put Granlund between Ferland and Agostino because Agostino and Granlund have obvious chemistry and at different points over the past 2 seasons Ferland and Granlund have as well.

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
If we call someone up I would call up Agostino. He works and skates hard. He would certainly insert some energy into the lineup. In the (unlikely) case that we do call someone up I would go with:

Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Jiri Hudler
Sam Bennett - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Mason Raymond - Matt Stajan - David Jones
Kenny Agostino - Markus Granlund - Micheal Ferland

I believe Colborne's injury is hurting us more than many care to admit, I think with he and Brodie in our lineup we would probably be 3-2 rather than 1-4.

I've never paid too much attention to Agostino, is his game suited for the bottom 6 role?

I agree with you about Colborne, as well. the hate he gets is kind of baffling to me, outside of a string of games where he took a bunch of bad penalties (due to being frustrated at things going every which way but right for the guy) he's never done anything negative that I can recall.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Next 7 games

home to Washington
home to Detroit
at Rangers
at Islanders
at Senators
home to Canadiens
at Edmonton

Yikes. Rangers/Islanders is back to back.
Habs and Oilers are back to back as well. And that will end October.

Come on Flames time to turn it around against some quality opposition or this could go south really quick.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Next 7 games

home to Washington
home to Detroit
at Rangers
at Islanders
at Senators
home to Canadiens
at Edmonton

Yikes. Rangers/Islanders is back to back.
Habs and Oilers are back to back as well. And that will end October.

Come on Flames time to turn it around against some quality opposition or this could go south really quick.

We are [redacted] so badly.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I've never paid too much attention to Agostino, is his game suited for the bottom 6 role?

I agree with you about Colborne, as well. the hate he gets is kind of baffling to me, outside of a string of games where he took a bunch of bad penalties (due to being frustrated at things going every which way but right for the guy) he's never done anything negative that I can recall.

Agostino: I think so. He loves to shoot, he's a good checker, etc.

Colborne: people dislike him not so much because of what he *does*, but what he *doesn't do*. He doesn't shoot the puck enough. He, until last year on the wing, didn't protect the puck well. He doesn't play particularly hard on the boards. He doesn't think the game fast enough for my taste. He gets the puck and almost always ends up holding onto it for an extended period, and then either passing it off or losing it; watching him vs a guy like Ferland, who often gets the puck off his stick (be it a shot, pass, chip, whatever) within a fraction of a second, is like night and day. Not to say that players shouldn't hold onto the puck sometimes, but there are a lot of situations that benefit from getting it away from yourself immediately.

He does mostly good things, but he does them with maddening infrequency.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Apparently in Finland, hockey players have to play all positions until age 12. Maybe Ortio could slot in next to Backlund and Frolik.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I really like the idea of that newlook first line. Frolik has definitely earned the chance with Johnny and Mony.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad