Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Kings 2 - McPoints 2

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Yeah, people would do well to remember all Doughty has given Canada in terms of Olympic wins and what he's contributed for us in other international competition. Next to Sid the Kid Doughty has been the best Team Canada player for a decade.

Not sure why people hate him. To me he's a player with the attitude of Mark Messier, the moves of Guy Lapointe, and a unique D in this age. People that haven't appreciated what he's brought to the game have missed something pretty significant. Its what we would want Nurse and Bear to try to be.

He whines a massive amount and never really answers the bell which makes him unlikable. He has been the best defenseman in the league for the last half decade, though.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Monahan was probably one of his 15 “better goal scorers”

Monahan is a pure goal scorer. It's pretty much all that he's good at, but he is damn good at putting the puck in the net.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Drai looked hurt, drunk, or both tonight. Multiple give aways, skating slow as mud, no intensity. He really labored getting up a time or two so I figure he's hurt.

LA was desperate for points - and the Oilers played a calm, mature 3rd period for the most part - but it still doesn't hide the fact that this team's coaching is bloody awful. Only guy who appears to have quit on the team is TMAC and that happened in October unfortunately.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Notice how Connor McDavid shot the puck in a 2 on 1 with a passing line available. That never happened before. It's super important that he has confidence in his shot. The past few months he has stopped overpassing and averages over 4 shots per game. Playing like this he's a 50 goal scorer for sure.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
As a Canucks fan, no guilt in cheering for McDavid. He's unbelievable.

I hope he gets a bit of separation in the next few games here.

Let's be real.. you just want the Oilers % for the lottery to decrease to increase the chances of the Canucks drafting Dahlin ;)

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Notice how Connor McDavid shot the puck in a 2 on 1 with a passing line available. That never happened before. It's super important that he has confidence in his shot. The past few months he has stopped overpassing and averages over 4 shots per game. Playing like this he's a 50 goal scorer for sure.

That's why TMac stapled Lucic to McDavid's line. He wanted McDavid to shoot the puck more.

Reactions: Aerrol and IAGTTAYM

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
Only guy who appears to have quit on the team is TMAC and that happened in October unfortunately.

Very much agree with You. It looked promising during December with four centers. After christmas a few losses and line shuffling began, and the whole season with clueless PK and PP.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Can't get too mad at Rats. Lucic missed a dozen easier goals that cost Connor points. If he doesn't win the scoring title it's on TMAc.
A power play ranked in the top half with the best offensive player in the league shouldn’t be too much to ask for. That and Lucic attatched to his hip for a couple months. Definitely Mclellan’s fault if he doesn’t win.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
He whines a massive amount and never really answers the bell which makes him unlikable. He has been the best defenseman in the league for the last half decade, though.

It might make him unlikable to opposing fans but I'm sure it has something to do with the reffing they/he gets.. he gets away with so much.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
He looks quicker because the isn’t being compared to Mcdavid or Draisaitl. The speed of Strome’s game is more suited to Lucic.

That's been the problem with these idiot coaches ALL season. They take 10 games longer to figure stuff out than what the armchair coach has been saying all along. Inexcusable. They need to go .

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Drai looked hurt, drunk, or both tonight. Multiple give aways, skating slow as mud, no intensity. He really labored getting up a time or two so I figure he's hurt.

LA was desperate for points - and the Oilers played a calm, mature 3rd period for the most part - but it still doesn't hide the fact that this team's coaching is bloody awful. Only guy who appears to have quit on the team is TMAC and that happened in October unfortunately.

I agree. Drai was bad tonight and last game. Was great the game before. Hes been playing like he did after the concussion earlier in the year.

Like i said before I love Drai but he needs to be more consistent. When hes on, hes a beast. Especially in this market making 8.5 a year, he needs to bring it consistently every night. Of course everyone has a night off every once in awhile. I don’t really blame him for not showing up in a lost season but i think he has to work to put forth a better effort.

One thing that concerns me about him is that he seems to almost pout when hes not playing with McDavid. Seems to happen alot on this team I think. Rattie for example seems so much faster playing with McDavid. Guy seemed like a slug on the third and fourth line. Team in general needs to support McDavid better. The team needs more than one scoring line. Hopefully the Oilers get the centers some better wingers next year.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
I agree. Drai was bad tonight and last game. Was great the game before. Hes been playing like he did after the concussion earlier in the year.

Like i said before I love Drai but he needs to be more consistent. When hes on, hes a beast. Especially in this market making 8.5 a year, he needs to bring it consistently every night. Of course everyone has a night off every once in awhile. I don’t really blame him for not showing up in a lost season but i think he has to work to put forth a better effort.

One thing that concerns me about him is that he seems to almost pout when hes not playing with McDavid. Seems to happen alot on this team I think. Rattie for example seems so much faster playing with McDavid. Guy seemed like a slug on the third and fourth line. Team in general needs to support McDavid better. The team needs more than one scoring line. Hopefully the Oilers get the centers some better wingers next year.
I'm blaming his inconsistencies on the fact that it's a lost season and he had faced adveristy early on from his concussion etc. We have seen how Drai plays when the games matter. I wouldn't judge him by his play in a lost season like this one IMO, not a guy with this high a ceiling. Just get back in the groove come September and move on.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I'm blaming his inconsistencies on the fact that it's a lost season and he had faced adveristy early on from his concussion etc. We have seen how Drai plays when the games matter. I wouldn't judge him by his play in a lost season like this one IMO, not a guy with this high a ceiling. Just get back in the groove come September and move on.

Yeah I am not worried about him either.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
You guys know that the Islanders being a bad team doesn't make the deals Chiarelli has made with them any less bad right? It's not a good thing that a GM as terrible as Garth Snow is so easily able to bend our GM over in deals every summer.
no but the Isles are proof there's more to hockey than just "Talent"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad