OHL Trades 2017-18 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
LONDON AND BARRIE COMPLETE TRADE

http://londonknights.com/article/london-and-barrie-complete-trade-2

The London Knights have announced the team has acquired defenseman Shane Collins from the Barrie Colts in exchange for a draft pick.
Collins, a native of Rosetown, Saskatchewan, most recently played for the Prince George Cougars of the WHL. The 6’0.75”, 188-pound blueliner is seen as a puck moving defenseman.
The full details of the trade can be seen below.
To London
Shane Collins
To Barrie
London 14th Round Selection in 2018 OHL Priority Selection

Shane Collins
Defence
Born: February 20, 1997 – Rosetown, SK
Height – 6.00.75 Weight – 188lbs
SeasonTeamLeagueGPGAPTS+/-PIM
2016-17Prince GeorgeWHL7221113+731
2015-16Prince GeorgeWHL6921921+1851
2014-15Prince George
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Will it be the Early Bird that gets the worm ? Usually, the OHL trading frenzy happens just prior to the trading deadline, but this season might be somewhat different. I'm seeing a "buyer's market" developing, with at least 3 teams who
will be looking to dispose of assets and recover picks or prospects. Windsor, Erie, and now London would appear to be in or approaching a sell-off mode. If this occurs ( and I strongly suspect that it will ), that'll place some good players onto the market. Now some teams may feel that it's imperative that they re-stock quickly in order to minimize their rebuild time frame. That means pressure to get the best deal done QUICKLY, as opposed to waiting to maximize the returns at the deadline. In seasons past, GM's had the larger window of opportunity to make their decisions. Not so much, this season.

Those teams who'll be looking to add players to fill holes or bolster their chances might also have to make their intentions earlier than usual. Wait too long, and the best candidates could well be gone. Also, there are fewer teams in this category than last season, and those teams have limited resources that they'll be willing to part with. Indeed, you may not see any team willing to mortgage much of their future, in order to comsumate a trade.

Intentions & deals will be best done earlier, rather than later, and the usual trading deadline just might become anti-climactic this season.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Will it be the Early Bird that gets the worm ? Usually, the OHL trading frenzy happens just prior to the trading deadline, but this season might be somewhat different. I'm seeing a "buyer's market" developing, with at least 3 teams who
will be looking to dispose of assets and recover picks or prospects. Windsor, Erie, and now London would appear to be in or approaching a sell-off mode. If this occurs ( and I strongly suspect that it will ), that'll place some good players onto the market. Now some teams may feel that it's imperative that they re-stock quickly in order to minimize their rebuild time frame. That means pressure to get the best deal done QUICKLY, as opposed to waiting to maximize the returns at the deadline. In seasons past, GM's had the larger window of opportunity to make their decisions. Not so much, this season.

Those teams who'll be looking to add players to fill holes or bolster their chances might also have to make their intentions earlier than usual. Wait too long, and the best candidates could well be gone. Also, there are fewer teams in this category than last season, and those teams have limited resources that they'll be willing to part with. Indeed, you may not see any team willing to mortgage much of their future, in order to comsumate a trade.

Intentions & deals will be best done earlier, rather than later, and the usual trading deadline just might become anti-climactic this season.

Am I missing something with Windsor? They're 6-2-1, they have the best goalie in the O by a mile, and they could get 2 NHL first rounders back. I wouldn't be selling if I was them.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Am I missing something with Windsor? They're 6-2-1, they have the best goalie in the O by a mile, and they could get 2 NHL first rounders back. I wouldn't be selling if I was them.

Windsor doesn't have to trade everyone, but a few have to go to recoup picks and or younger players. Windsor cupboard is bare. Next few years they have very few picks in the first 5 rounds.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
The bare cupboards in Windsor simply cannot be ignored. Sure, they have the capability to become competitive, but they also have to be realistic. How much are they willing to risk as to NOT finding trading partners willing or able to replenish their stocks ? My point is that if they wait too long, the trading window of opportunity may well have closed. Other teams could potentially scoop up all or most of this season's trading chips. If they're serious about restocking, it's a given that they become proactive. Sure, they have some very attractive assets....but so do their competitors. The number of picks & prospects will be LIMITED this season, and there are 2 other teams looking to accomplish the same objective. A wait till the deadline just may prove to become fruitless.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
The league is around the 10 game mark now, most have a good idea who's returning or not and how newcomers are fitting into the fold. I don't have any data to prove my claim but this doesn't seem unusual for some deals to start happening at this point. I think the trade season will still be active like most years. Injuries happen but in general, selling teams want to hold on to big ticket players and bank as many points as possible for a playoff gate. And the buyers want to see exactly what they need to match up and put them over the top against the other contenders before spending big. Some think this year could be a buys market, on the flip side it could be prime time for an arms race between several very good teams.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Sherwood is a perfect fit for Kitch it definitely makes them better.
They could possess the best line in the OHL
Mascherin-Bunnamen-Sherwood
That could give Mascherin a spark.
More aggressive moves like this will certainly help. Need 1 more top D

Reactions: aresknights

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
So how good is Propp? Looks like a trade for experience in the back up goalie position. Is Propp a potential #1?

winnerskull

Jan 3, 2017
Propp is getting flipped to North Bay per my source. Not sure what is going to Owen Sound in return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad