Speculation: Offseason Thread #13: Running out of title ideas (Mod post #71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Looking at the unrestricted list. So many unsigned players. Group III and the unqualified group II players. Many of these players will never see an NHL contract.Santorelli signed a contract with a team in Switzerland. I like Ben Smith who played at BC. Blackhawks. He had that 14 goal season in 13-14. Righty shot. He got 2 years/$3M off that season.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
$7x7 for Marchand is going to make the Girardi deal look like a bargain in somewhere around 3 years.

Another deal that makes Nash on a 30-25 pace (with retention even) with <2 years on his deal look pretty good.

Seriously.

I'm really starting to believe the whole Nash situation is a combination of Gorts holding out for a better offer and teams (including the Rangers) waiting to see what happens with Vesey.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Nash at the deadline with 30-50 percent retained seems like the likely scenario unless we're suddenly playing like a team with a chance. recoup a few 2nd and maybe even a 1st. Maybe even a no lottery protection 1st from a wildcard team making a push only to fall out. Then we win the draft at #16. It's nice to dream.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Who would people like to see in as 'try-outs' if no other UFA's are signed anywhere?

My list:
Rene Bourque
Yevgeni Medvedev
Brandon Prust
Eric Gryba
Brandon Gormley
Jakub Nakladel
Tomas Fleishmann

Oh I would also bring in Patrick Bordeleau

Medvedev is 33 years old and he's already back in the KHL with Avangard Omsk. Rene Bourque is 34--I've never been a fan. Prust is shot as far as I'm concerned and I'm thinking if he continues to play pro hockey and fight a lot he's going to get hurt. The best thing he can do for himself is retire. Fleischmann is early 30's too so he doesn't excite me a lot.

Of the D's left from unrestricted free agency guys that you could think about---Quincey, Weber, Gormley, Gryba, Nakladal. Quincey is the oldest of the bunch at 30. Gormley is the most interesting for me but I think if he signed with us he lands in Hartford.

Goalies--Ortio, Lindback---we don't need any goalies though.

Forwards--Matt Cullen is interesting to me. Even at 39 last year showed he's got wheels and he's got something left in the tank. Good penalty killer. 16 goals and 32 points and pretty good in the Pens Stanley Cup run. Jason Akeson for Hartford who could use an experienced and offensive minded forward.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I would absolutely take a flyer on Rundblad. We should be signing Dman reclamation projects.

I don't know if people realize how bad this defense is. It's bottom of the league bad. There's no harm in bringing in the Rundblad's of the world and hoping they figure it out.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
guys like marchand dont age well...look at cally...oof what a dog of a contract that is.

It would be alright for the first few years. When he hits his wall... it is going to be abysmal. He is a great player and I would love him on the Rangers but not at that price. Not even close. If I was Boston, I wouldn't sign him to anything over 5 years.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
It would be alright for the first few years. When he hits his wall... it is going to be abysmal. He is a great player and I would love him on the Rangers but not at that price. Not even close. If I was Boston, I wouldn't sign him to anything over 5 years.

Should work out to be about 5 years once it kicks in for 2017. The next lockout should take care of it. :laugh:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I would welcome Vessey with open arms. But stop putting people out of position. Kreider and Miller both play LW. So does Vessey. Nash can play either. Buchnevhich and Zuccarello play RW.

Except that Miller spent most of last season playing RW.

Miller, Zuccarello and Nash all play both wings.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Hasn't Buch played all three forward positions just this past season alone? For easiness sake, it's probably best to start him on the LW at even strength so he's not always making plays on his backhand on the smaller ice surface, and then if necessary, we can transition him into being a RW. I'd like to see him play RW on the powerplay though.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hasn't Buch played all three forward positions just this past season alone? For easiness sake, it's probably best to start him on the LW at even strength so he's not always making plays on his backhand on the smaller ice surface, and then if necessary, we can transition him into being a RW. I'd like to see him play RW on the powerplay though.

Think so, but my impression has been that he's most effective on RW. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
People are AGAINST bringing in Runblad? Right-handed, high-skill former #1 pick. Hasn't put it together yet. Might never. Absolutely a risk.

But on THIS team, definitely a risk worth taking, so long as his AAV is bury-able, or even a couple of hundred thousand more.

I think it's a good idea, but the Clendening signing makes it unlikely IMO.

Who would people like to see in as 'try-outs' if no other UFA's are signed anywhere?

My list:
Rene Bourque
Yevgeni Medvedev
Brandon Prust
Eric Gryba
Brandon Gormley
Jakub Nakladel
Tomas Fleishmann

Oh I would also bring in Patrick Bordeleau

Medvedev would've been an excellent signing (and would've enabled a Klein trade), but I think his DUI scared him back to the KHL. He's going to Omsk.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He doesn't need to fight all the time, just be a grinder. Could he replace Glass for far less $$?

I"d rather replace Glass with a good hockey player. Prust isn't that anymore. He was good when he was with the Rangers, but he's just not worth a contract anymore.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I know Im going to get the garbage shower with this one, but Id rather have Cam Janssen than Prust or Glass. Can deliver bigger hits than Glass, (youtube Janssen Chara hit) is faster than Glass (low bar) and won just about every fight against Prust. Id rather not have any of em though.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I know Im going to get the garbage shower with this one, but Id rather have Cam Janssen than Prust or Glass. Can deliver bigger hits than Glass, (youtube Janssen Chara hit) is faster than Glass (low bar) and won just about every fight against Prust. Id rather not have any of em though.

I would rather have Cam Newton with football spikes rather than Glass or Prust

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

You know who Id rather have than all of them?

SEAN ****ING AVERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad