Speculation: Offseason Thread #13: Running out of title ideas (Mod post #71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiderHouseRules*

God I'll be so hyped if they land Vesey but I can't get my hopes up.

Tell me about it.

Kreider Stepan Zuccarello
Nash Zibanejad Buchnevich
Vesey Hayes Miller
Grabner Jooris Fast
Hrivik

Lindberg on IR

would be fun to watch!

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Vesey would make Gorton's offseason stellar. Not holding my breath, though

Stellar? He'd make it a really good offseason.

I know we all want Staal and Girardi gone but it's easier said than done.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Can't wait for us to bring in Malhotra too.

GLASS-MALHOTRA-LAPIERRE

In reality, we have a multitude of better forward options than Lapierre. If this is for Hartford, then fine. We should've learned our lesson after Malone, Stoll, and Paille.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
There was a Clark Donatelli who was drafted by the Rangers in 1984 (no. 98 overall I believe), though he never played for the team. Had stints with Minnesota and Boston.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Lapierre is a Newport Sports guy. These pro tryout contracts are usually favors to the agent. Other teams can see the player play. Gorton is throwing AV a bone by bringing in his boy for a tryout.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Can't wait for us to bring in Malhotra too.

GLASS-MALHOTRA-LAPIERRE

In reality, we have a multitude of better forward options than Lapierre. If this is for Hartford, then fine. We should've learned our lesson after Malone, Stoll, and Paille.

It could very well be for HFD, and giving AV one of his guys.

I don't think he'd be an everyday player... but if there was ever a guy to call up in a playoff series to really do some damage out there... and sit a few games... Lapierre has it in him to do that.

Frankly I don't mind seeing him get a try-out.

The more competition... the more competitive team. So what if a 15th forward is an AV crony.

KreiderHouseRules*

Give Lappy a tryout and Vesey will sign with NYR?

*wakes up*

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008

UaEYbdy.jpg

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Lapierre is a Newport Sports guy. These pro tryout contracts are usually favors to the agent. Other teams can see the player play. Gorton is throwing AV a bone by bringing in his boy for a tryout.

Certainly hope it is nothing more than the bolded, but considering Glass has been a regular on this squad for the past two seasons, and Paille played more than 0 games last year, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
One of the few guys in the league I never ever want to see in a Rangers sweater. Ugh.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Tell me about it.

Kreider Stepan Zuccarello
Nash Zibanejad Buchnevich
Vesey Hayes Miller
Grabner Jooris Fast
Hrivik

Lindberg on IR

would be fun to watch!

I think something very close to that could start the season. Much faster line-up... much deeper and versatile.

I'd go with:

Nash-Stepan-Buch
Kreider-Zibbs-Zucc
Miller-Hayes-Vesey
Grabner-Jooris-Fast
Hrivk-Gerbe

Switch the D-Zone coverage to zone. Rangers only have two great skaters in the back end.

McD-Klein
Staal-Skjei
Holden-McIlrath
Girardi
Clendening

With Clendening mostly playing in HFD/Gerbe getting some time there as well... some 4th line LW.

Rangers then make trades ~30-35 games into the season. This way some salaries are off-set. Teams having all kinds of starts... Teams out West and currently losing teams don't want to keep losing... they want to make the playoffs...

EKane for Staal becomes a package deal involving Lindberg... but the Rangers get a very good piece in Borgen in return... a kid with very low hockey miles on him... and longer track to the NHL... and a veteran 4th line NHLer that BUF signs as a PTO.

EKane gets moved to RW... he's a shot generating machine... but in many is the Vince Carter of the NHL or a Max Afiniginov... a guy that generates a lot of shots... but doesn't finish... Gets moved to the right side... snipes home a few more coming off his off wing.

Nash builds his value potting in 16 goals in at around the 38-42 game mark gets moved to ANA in what becomes a heart wrenching deal from ANA... and a gleefully sweet revisitation of the Gomez for McDonagh deal; except Nash looks filthy next to Getzlaf and Perry. He has fun playing hockey again.

Rangers get Depres who immediately falls into Chateau Doghouse de Carlyle. Shea Theodore... the real star in the deal.... think a young Keith Yandle... 19 Games 3 Goals 5 assists 8 Points Plus 7. ~19 minutes a game... and Cogliano... but the Rangers send back Fast... one of the better AHL rookies in Nieves/Fogarty or Graves... a player with real NHL upside... and perhaps a recently acquired pick... because the Rangers good 3 NHL players on deal cost controlled deals.

Kreider-Stepan-EKane
Miller-Zibbs-Zuc
Vesey-Hayes-Buch
Hrivik\Grabner/4th line vet/Cogliano-Jooris
Gerbe
Glass

McD-Klein
Depre-Skjei
Theodore-McIlrath
Holden-Girardi (IR)

That team is just one really good RD away from a long term contender.....

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Lapierre 4 years ago I'd be like fine even though he's a dink . Now better only be ahl deal if he stays

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Lapierre 4 years ago I'd be like fine even though he's a dink . Now better only be ahl deal if he stays

Yeah I don't want him playing everyday... but him being what he is... I think it could make the pre-season a little more fiery. Even if it's internal competition... A battle level and compete level could be higher with a guy like Lapierre chirping it up.

Gotta admit he'd be the closest thing to wear a Ranger uniform that a Sean Avery type since Sean Avery.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just don't know with AV. Does he decide the roster for the opening game or does Gorton? If its Gorton, I don't think there's any chance Lapierre, Glass, Gerbe or any of these fringe NHL'ers would make the roster instead of Buch, but with AV, he has all these weird ideas. One of them is that Fast is a top 9 player. Buch should be 3RW with the current roster, but I wouldn't be surprised if AV gave that to Fast with Hayes and Grabner/Gerbe on the third line with a fourth line of Glass/Lapierre-Jooris-Gerbe/Grabner with whoever doesn't play between Glass and Lapierre or maybe even Gerbe being the 13th forward. There's certainly some type of justification I think AV could have for Buch not making the roster. AV likes his veterans. I already think Jensen and Hrivik don't have much chance to make the roster. I don't agree with that, but its not worth making that big of a big deal over. Not having Buch on the roster to have all these fringe NHL'ers would be really upsetting.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
For those who were talking about David Rundblad earlier:

That was 5-6 years ago... in his final year in Sweden... you can see why so many teams wanted him.

I'm not opposed to giving him a deal.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Totally fine bringing in a few tryouts. If it means Stepan or Nash or McDonagh don't play in a meaningless game and risk injury I'm all for it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Good point by Gross here. Zuccarello, Stepan, and Miller will be missing up front for at least the start of camp.

Preseason should give us a good look at all the defensemen like Holden, Clendening, Graves, and Paliotta with McDonagh gone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad