Speculation: Offseason Thread #13: Running out of title ideas (Mod post #71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
People are AGAINST bringing in Runblad? Right-handed, high-skill former #1 pick. Hasn't put it together yet. Might never. Absolutely a risk.

But on THIS team, definitely a risk worth taking, so long as his AAV is bury-able, or even a couple of hundred thousand more.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Yeah I don't want him playing everyday... but him being what he is... I think it could make the pre-season a little more fiery. Even if it's internal competition... A battle level and compete level could be higher with a guy like Lapierre chirping it up.

Gotta admit he'd be the closest thing to wear a Ranger uniform that a Sean Avery type since Sean Avery.

Shut your mouth. Not even close.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I would take him on the team easily. He's a good player even if not as good as hoped to be. He's still been consistently a 20+ goal 40+ point player per 82 games.

That said though I really do not care about what he does outside of the game or if people don't like him or if he's a bad guy. If he can help out the team then I'm interested especially in a potential situation like this where you should be able to get him highly discounted. I understand some people will feel very differently but that is my perspective. There's plenty of players in all professional leagues who are not good people, have been convicted of serious crimes, and have served jail time and still find jobs because in terms of their on field performance they are an asset. It can even be argued that these guys are market inefficiencies as I'm sure there are teams that are not willing to employ many of them.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
For those who were talking about David Rundblad earlier:

That was 5-6 years ago... in his final year in Sweden... you can see why so many teams wanted him.

I'm not opposed to giving him a deal.

I hear what you were saying and am not opposed either. But I remember those sweet Tim Erixon highlights from the same year. It's been a while...

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
So that teams have more time to sign their drafted players, and they can't jump right into the free agent frenzy with the other UFAs.

Understand why they'd back it off from 7/1, but 8/15 just seems exceedingly late. 8/1 seems like a more reasonable date to me. I know there are still some arbitration hearings to be completed and what not but the "frenzy" is surely over.

Guess I'm just a little bored.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's been like that for a long time if im not mistaken and it's just for NCAA players I believe.

May be it has something to do with finish school if they have to take summer classes to graduate?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Who would people like to see in as 'try-outs' if no other UFA's are signed anywhere?

My list:
Rene Bourque
Yevgeni Medvedev
Brandon Prust
Eric Gryba
Brandon Gormley
Jakub Nakladel
Tomas Fleishmann

Oh I would also bring in Patrick Bordeleau

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
All in all I'm fine not going nuts trying to get him on the team, but if it meant something like unloading Girardi I would personally move Girardi out to Buffalo and move EKane in to Girardi's old place in the same day without hesitation.

This is exactly it. Getting rid of Girardi and/or Staal's contracts is paramount, and this is potentially a way to do it. I don't care if Kane never plays for us. Trade for him and make him a healthy scratch for 82 games, it doesn't matter. Buy him out next June at minimal cost. End of story.

That said, Kane is innocent until proven guilty. You can guarantee that he will be on the ice for Buffalo, or whichever team he is traded to, pending the outcome of his legal troubles. You can also bet that any team that trades for him is going to have a long talk with him about doing and saying all the right things going forward. If he messes up again, or is proven to be guilty of the charges, the Rangers can likely terminate his contract, the way LA did with Voynov.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I would welcome Vessey with open arms. But stop putting people out of position. Kreider and Miller both play LW. So does Vessey. Nash can play either. Buchnevhich and Zuccarello play RW.

I don't want E. Kane here. That statement of facts is incomplete (i.e. what does "he went off" entail), but I don't like it one bit. Things like that don't come around more than once without some dirt behind it. Someone said they needed a video. There isn't always one, and you don't need one. This isn't television.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think silverfish gets a notification every time Nakladal's name gets mentioned on these boards :laugh:

I'd look into Flash and Gormley also

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Who would people like to see in as 'try-outs' if no other UFA's are signed anywhere?

My list:
Rene Bourque
Yevgeni Medvedev
Brandon Prust
Eric Gryba
Brandon Gormley
Jakub Nakladel
Tomas Fleishmann

Oh I would also bring in Patrick Bordeleau

I'd also want to see what Sam Gagner's looking like these days for the hell of it.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I would blame the Avs and their poor D for their inability to revive Gormley but Arizona passed him up to begin with so probably a lost cause there.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Ugh, Prust. He's done. He's basically Tanner Glass with bad shoulders so he can't fight anymore

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If you all want to argue over E. Kane and his legal issues, do it in the around the NHL thread where it belongs. This is for discussing trades and signings, not continuous posts of your views on E. Kane as a person.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If he actually gets 7x7, then LOL BRUINS

Marchand will not re-do what he did last season.

He absolutely could. He has posted 53 and 55 point seasons prior to this so he is obviously capable. It isn't like he was a career 40 point guy and then just put up 60. That being said 7x7 for him is very :biglaugh:

Marchand may be effective for another 2-3 year but when it gets to the latter part of that contract it is going to be a nightmare for the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad