Offseason Talk Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I don't know if Sakic actually said something like that or if those words were used by Friedman to infer what he perceived as Sakic's motivation. If something like that came directly from Sakick's mouth, I'd stop any and all discussions with him. Eff that ****.

I don't trust anything from Friedman, I haven't seen much in the way of evidence of credibility. We faced a situation with Nash, it was kind of similar. At some point Sakic will probably realize things aren't going to get any better for him. If not, his time will be pretty short.

Just for a point of reference, Duchene isn't worth anything close to Nash when we were trying to move him and while I liked the deal it wasn't anything close to what we wanted.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
https://unionandblue.com/2017/09/12/columbus-blue-jackets-josh-anderson-trade-bait/

The Columbus Blue Jackets have control of Anderson as a restricted free agent, so there is the possibility that the Blue Jackets could use Anderson as part of a deal. Anderson could replace a prospect in a trade package, thus giving the Blue Jackets more value in a trade for Colorado center Matt Duchene.

Possible Package For Duchene
The Columbus Blue Jackets seem to stay in rumors for Matt Duchene, but the Colorado Avalanche have yet to budge on their demands. One would think that the Avalanche have to trade Duchene before the situation gets too ugly, but they do not seem rushed in the slightest to move him.

Even if Anderson is not included in a deal, a potential deal could give Columbus leverage. Colorado was awful. This could be almost a threat for Anderson to sign a deal or be shipped to a bottom feeder.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I am trying to figure out what was so offensive about the Mallory column that has caused such outrage here.
Guy made a suggestion about using Anderson as trade bait. I don't agree with him, but it does seem to be an opinion worth discussing.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I am trying to figure out what was so offensive about the Mallory column that has caused such outrage here.
Guy made a suggestion about using Anderson as trade bait. I don't agree with him, but it does seem to be an opinion worth discussing.

I think it was the "sign what we offered or else" ultimatum theory that ruffled feathers.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think it was the "sign what we offered or else" ultimatum theory that ruffled feathers.

Interesting theory, but I think it could more easily be the other way around. It's harder to get value in a trade for Anderson if he's unsigned. So maybe he's waiting for the Duchene deal to happen, and he's going to avoid signing until then to make sure he doesn't get sent to Colorado!

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Interesting theory, but I think it could more easily be the other way around. It's harder to get value in a trade for Anderson if he's unsigned. So maybe he's waiting for the Duchene deal to happen, and he's going to avoid signing until then to make sure he doesn't get sent to Colorado!

Aaaaand he may just avoid some of the runnin' :laugh:

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I think the Jackets should try to get Zadorov and Duchene. I would have no problem trading Murray, Carlsson, Anderson and a first. That is three roster players and a first for two problems that want out. The salary hit wouldn't be too big either. There is a lot of quality in this deal.

Dexter20

Dec 18, 2013
I think the Jackets should try to get Zadorov and Duchene. I would have no problem trading Murray, Carlsson, Anderson and a first. That is three roster players and a first for two problems that want out. The salary hit wouldn't be too big either. There is a lot of quality in this deal.

Its funny the people that want Anderson shipped out because he is disturbing training camp but would welcome with open arms 2 other "problems" doing the same thing in Colorado. Oh, except Duchene is under contract last I saw. One thing for a guy to negotiate a contract it is another thing for a guy not to honour that contract.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

I have no desire in trading Carlsson and a first for Zadorov.

I'm meh on actually including Anderson for Duchene.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I don't like this trade one bit. I expect Carlsson to be better than Zadorov immediately.

And Josh Anderson just scored 17 ES goals playing fourth line minutes. He'll have a "breakthrough season" if he gets more minutes with some powerplay time.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I don't like this trade one bit. I expect Carlsson to be better than Zadorov immediately.

And Josh Anderson just scored 17 ES goals playing fourth line minutes. He'll have a "breakthrough season" if he gets more minutes with some powerplay time.

Yep. Anderson has the skill to score 25-30 goals. A Wayne Simmonds type. He needs to be on THIS team.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Yep. Anderson has the skill to score 25-30 goals. A Wayne Simmonds type. He needs to be on THIS team.

Posted this in another thread, but I see Anderson developing into a Milan Lucic type of player, albeit a better skater.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I don't see how he isn't signed yet, his contract should be easy, 1.5 mil this year, 2.5 mil next, 2 years 2 mil cap hit, and after he can cash in if does as well as he thinks

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As previously mentioned, our front office is very stingy on second contract players. However, I am shocked Anderson is the one they went after, I figured it would have been Wennberg.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
As previously mentioned, our front office is very stingy on second contract players. However, I am shocked Anderson is the one they went after, I figured it would have been Wennberg.

Especially when they made such an effort to protect Anderson in the expansion draft.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Just saw Duchene is at camp, gave a quick interview, said he will not answer any questions, and is at camp "strictly out of respect for his teammates" Lets get this deal Done.:handclap:

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
So Portzline tweeted that the difference between the Jackets and Anderson is "vast." Does this mean they are 1M apart. Jackets want to pay 1.5M and Anderson's camp is asking 2.5M. That doesn't sound good at all.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Am I the only one who thinks we could live without Anderson. He had one good season, I think we can wait a bit before giving a huge contract and proclaiming his to be a sure fire 25-30 goal scorer. I think he scores less this year.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Am I the only one who thinks we could live without Anderson. He had one good season, I think we can wait a bit before giving a huge contract and proclaiming his to be a sure fire 25-30 goal scorer. I think he scores less this year.

I partially agree. He's had 1 NHL season. He needs to prove more for the big bucks. He should score more this year but he hasn't proven enough. If the gap is vast, he is clearly asking for too much. Since wennberg was signed already, it shows the can clearly negotiate in good faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad