Official Player Inquiry Thread

Teekko

Mar 5, 2011
Vancouver
Hey guys, just wanted to learn more about the Predators Swedish prospects.Could any of you tell me how they have played this year and their potential?

The players I was curious about were Filip Forsberg, Pontus Aberg, Max Gortz and Simon Fernholm.

Thanks in advance!

LandofLincoln*

Viktor Stalberg

Stalberg had the game winning assist in OT against Minnesota to give Chicago a 1-0 series lead.

As much as I would like Chicago to keep Stalberg he probably could fetch decent value and the Blackhawks moving up in the NHL draft.

Chicago has a growing connection of Swedish prospects going back to Hjalmarsson and Kruger is working out well.

Chicago probably would rather draft and offensive prospect and I think they will grab one Swedish prospect but no telling what round.

Elias Lindholm what round do fans expect him to be drafted?

LandofLincoln*

Round? Top 10.

I wasn't sure if he was elite status, because I've never seen any highlights on him. This confirms that he is a top 3 for European skaters. I've looked at his numbers which are solid and consistent but not jaw dropping.

For Chicago to move up that high they would need to trade their first round pick and trade either Stalberg or Dave Bolland.

Do you think he is better than Teuvo Teravainen?

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
can anybody give me any info on Robert Hägg? I know the Flyers were talking to Mikael Renberg about him a while back and were supposedly interested. It turns out that the Flyers will be drafting 11th so he mostly likely won't be a Flyer but I'm interested in knowing more about him. Thanks

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
can anybody give me any info on Robert Hägg? I know the Flyers were talking to Mikael Renberg about him a while back and were supposedly interested. It turns out that the Flyers will be drafting 11th so he mostly likely won't be a Flyer but I'm interested in knowing more about him. Thanks

I like Robert Hägg when he plays well but not when he doesn't :naughty:. He is very inconsistent from what I've seen and he can look very nonchalant on the ice at times. Hägg does possess some great tools though, he is good on the PP and his slapper is very good. He can also play physical but his defensive game has to improve. I'd compare him to Alex Edler but Edler is a slightly better skater. Renberg is completely clueless when it comes to junior players it seems, but he liked Hägg at the WJC.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Fair to say that John Klingberg has really increased his reputation in Elitserien after stringing together some healthy games with a good amount of ice time?

Can he emerge as one of the better puck-rushing, skating defenseman in the league?

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Sharks just signed Petter Emanuelsson.

Any scouting reports?
Haven't seen him a lot, but... Sturdy winger with a powerful stride, has a hard shot that he likes to use. Goes to the net and thrives in traffic. Has alright playmaking skills. Sometimes reminds people of Silfverberg.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Sharks just signed Petter Emanuelsson.

Any scouting reports?

Never gives up on a play, his legs goes like drumsticks when forechecking. Hade a great playoff run with Skellefteå, but he's been one of the biggest exclamation marks when watching them the last two seasons. He's sort of like Carl Klingberg with an offensive touch.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Can anyone give me some info on Petter Granberg?

He's coming over to NA next season and I'm wondering what we can expect. Heard good things here and there ever since the WC, but no real report.

Any chance he makes the big squad, and what do you think his ceiling is? Also, any comparables?

Thanks in advance!

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
Hey, guys

I would like to know the whereabouts of Mika Hannula. He is supposed to play in Finland either for HIFK or Espoo, but their websites do not have him in their rosters. Can you please help me, as not knowing Swedish makes it little bit tougher

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Ben Walter
Örebro --> Jokerit

Any info why it didn't work in Örebro? Good stats in AHL but it often takes time for NA centers to adjust to European rinks and game systems. I hope Finnish league's closer to NA style suits him better.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Little is streaky. Small playmaker. Will probably do really well. Compared to other players that takes the rought Sweden->Finland he is really, really good. You should expect a lot.

About Walter, I've seen him a couple of games but haven't really noticed him. He was expensive and didn't produce on a team that is desperate for quality players. Wouldn't expect anything from him - he isn't good enough for Swedish elite. Might produce more in Finland though, don't have the skill set for the big ice.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
About Walter, I've seen him a couple of games but haven't really noticed him. He was expensive and didn't produce on a team that is desperate for quality players. Wouldn't expect anything from him - he isn't good enough for Swedish elite. Might produce more in Finland though, don't have the skill set for the big ice.
So far Walter is 9 gp with 1+3 pts and -1 here. Will probably play shutdown 3rd line role for the rest of the season. He is IMO too slow to produce in top-6 role. I'd say he has skills but is finding difficult to produce in Europe. Plays good two-way game.

Little hopefully brings offense.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Hopefully Jokerit needed a slow two-way player. They must have seen him play quite a lot before signing him. The swedish transfer window closes the last day of february, expect some player-swapping between Finland/Sweden before then.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
How do they train in Örebro? Ben Walter wasn't in fit when he came here. Now with proper training he is starting to look like good pick by Jokerit. Strong in the faceoffs, plays good defensive game and is starting to look good in the offense too. Has found some legs too...isn't super slow anymore.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
After asking about him in the SEL thread (and thanks for the answers) let me use this proper thread to ask about Klasen.
Is it his offensive production linked to a strong center or linemate or he generates offense by itself? Has he played with different players, always mantaining the same level of scoring? Tks for all the answers! an tks to sg58 for the considerations in the other thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad