Official Player Inquiry Thread

Spalfredsson

Jun 26, 2007
I didn't get much of a response on the prospect board, so I thought I would post this here too.

Does anybody have any idea where he (André Petersson) might get drafted? and how does he compare to Tedenby and Gustafsson? what style of game does he play?

Thanks in advance.:handclap:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I didn't get much of a response on the prospect board, so I thought I would post this here too.

Does anybody have any idea where he (André Petersson) might get drafted? and how does he compare to Tedenby and Gustafsson? what style of game does he play?

Thanks in advance.:handclap:

Gustafsson is a totally different player from Tedenby and Petersson. He is a two-way center, while the other ones are more of offensive minded scorers.

Petersson
+ Technical skills (imo, just slighly better than Tedenby's)
+ Skating (not as fast as Tedenby)
+ Shooting (better release than Tedenby)
+ Passing game (slightly better passer than Tedenby)
+ Goal scoring (not as good as Tedenby)
+ Hockey sense (equal or perhaps slightly better than Tedenby)
- Work effort (worse than Tedenby)
- Defensive game (worse than Tedenby)
- Size & Strength (about the same as Tedenby)
- Physical game (hits once in a while, but not very often, Tedenby has been hitting a lot as of late, but is too small to have a major impact)
- Consistency (worse than Tedenby)

So... basically they are VERY SIMILAR players. Both speedy with sweet moves and good goal scoring ability. Tedenby might not always deliver offensively, but he forechecks hard although lacking some defensive skills. Petersson is, however, more inconstant and takes nights off.

If Petersson improves in his weak areas, he could turn out to be a steal.

Spalfredsson

Jun 26, 2007
Gustafsson is a totally different player from Tedenby and Petersson. He is a two-way center, while the other ones are more of offensive minded scorers.

Petersson
+ Technical skills (imo, just slighly better than Tedenby's)
+ Skating (not as fast as Tedenby)
+ Shooting (better release than Tedenby)
+ Passing game (slightly better passer than Tedenby)
+ Goal scoring (not as good as Tedenby)
+ Hockey sense (equal or perhaps slightly better than Tedenby)
- Work effort (worse than Tedenby)
- Defensive game (worse than Tedenby)
- Size & Strength (about the same as Tedenby)
- Physical game (hits once in a while, but not very often, Tedenby has been hitting a lot as of late, but is too small to have a major impact)
- Consistency (worse than Tedenby)

So... basically they are VERY SIMILAR players. Both speedy with sweet moves and good goal scoring ability. Tedenby might not always deliver offensively, but he forechecks hard although lacking some defensive skills. Petersson is, however, more inconstant and takes nights off.

If Petersson improves in his weak areas, he could turn out to be a steal.

Sweet thanks, your "reports" never fail to impress me. :handclap:

edit: 1000th post.:)

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
He seems to be doing fairly well this season for Timrå, as a defenseman he is sixth in team scoring. He turns 21 next week. What can you tell me about his playing style?

dr-nix

Beware of the Bunny!
Feb 7, 2005
He's an offensive defender.

Upside:
- Great (hard) passes
- Great guy to have on PP, can deliver a deciding pass or score on his own.
- Good puckskill, he can deke passed a player or two.

Downside:
- Tries the hard solutions in defence, he has gotten better at playing simpler but at times he reverts back to his old habits of trying that pass that's just to hard in the situation he's in.

There is more downsides like he needs to get stronger and so on but the major thing thats bugged me about him is the part where he tries to deke or whatever as the last man. He's played simpler this season and has gotten way more icetime in PP and so on.

Eric Moe is an underrated player, his 24p is not far off the club record (which Mikko Lehtonen has with 30p) for a defender in a season (not counting the playoffs). With another summer of hard work he should be one of the guys that gets a chance in Tre Kronor (national team).

Sorry there is no real highlight reel of Eric Moe but here's a few videos atleast:

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Christofer Lofberg

Hey, got curious about this long, lost Red Wings prospect and was wondering if anyone could give an update on where he's at/what he's doing? I saw he left Rogle but haven't been able to find anything on why he left or where he went. Is he just done as a hockey player entirely?

Jun 30, 2008
Sweden
He's playing for AIK now, I think it was a loan but I am not entirely sure about that.

The reason he left Rögle was that they thought that he needed icetime which he couldn't get with them.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I see he's on the same team as Ryno. Thanks.

edit: yeah, not expecting him to cross the pond. Just curious to see where he was at now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sodertalje Fans- Andre Benoit Opinions

Andre Benoit has signed with the Habs for next season, just wondering how he did in the SEL these past two years. I saw a good bit of him when he was with Hamilton before leaving for the SEL, but was wondering he he has done since then, was a good pucker mover but needed some work in his own end. Thanks.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
He only played one year in Sweden. He was good offensively, but hasn't seemed to overcome his defensive shortcomings yet. Production-wise, he was a disappointment in comparison to his year in Finland, and that's probably why Södertälje didn't re-sign him.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
he was a disappointment in comparison to his year in Finland, and that's probably why Södertälje didn't re-sign him.

He was Södertälje's leading defenseman in scoring though, it would've been foolish to expect him to score as much as he did the previous year with Tappara, becose if he would have scored around 40 points he would've been Södertälje's leading scorer by far. Considering he's a D-man that would've been next to impossible. But this is just a side note.

What I remember from his season here in Finland he outscored Anssi Salmela and wasn't significantly worse defensively if I recall this right. Can't say if he could make the habs active roster, probably not, if your D is even slightly better than Atlanta's...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Anton Gustafsson

So, Anton Gustafsson will according to aftonbladet sign a three-year rookie contract worth $2.7 mil. with the Washington Capitals.

How do you rate his chances? I really don't know much about him at all more than it's Bengt Ã…ke Gustafsson's son :)

Feed me with info!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thanks, I forgot he was in Finland 2 years ago, haven't really been following him since he left the AHL.

As for making the Habs, he signed a two-way, so most likely he's going to Hamilton (I'm a Bulldogs fan as well) but hopefully our D is a lot better then the Thrashers next year.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
So, Anton Gustafsson will according to aftonbladet sign a three-year rookie contract worth $2.7 mil. with the Washington Capitals.

How do you rate his chances? I really don't know much about him at all more than it's Bengt Ã…ke Gustafsson's son :)

Feed me with info!

He is also the son of Ewa Gustafsson, wife of Bengt Ã…ke Gustafsson. :sarcasm:

I really dont know much about his development of late. He was hit with some injurys but I guess he is alright now. A hard worker who play physical and can put up points. I hope he can carry that style over to the other side of the Atlantic but I would like to see him give the SEL a chance or two first. And why not for FBK :naughty:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Thanks, I forgot he was in Finland 2 years ago, haven't really been following him since he left the AHL.

As for making the Habs, he signed a two-way, so most likely he's going to Hamilton (I'm a Bulldogs fan as well) but hopefully our D is a lot like the Thrashers next year.

There, fixed it for you. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad