Official Player Inquiry Thread

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not been watching as much Allsvenskan as usual this season...

wondering how Carl Persson and Victor Ejdsell have looked? I believe they are playing on different lines but same PP unit, both are young guys and the numbers are very impressive.

I mean, Ejdsell being good in Allsvenskan is not totally surprising for me, he 'flashed' some talent in SHL and ofc had solid numbers in jr, and he stood out at times for Timra last year when I was following Dahlen.

But Persson... I know he was buried slightly when he moved to HV71, and before that was in bigger role but on bad jr team... but how is he playing so well in Allsvenskan!? Is it just a case of a guy finding his game in the right circumstances and he was in a 'bad' situation for last few years for his play-style/talent?

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
This thread hasn't been bumped in a while but this is my first time on this board so I didn't want to make a new thread.

Are there any Jönköping fans on this board who have seen a good amount of Lias Andersson? HV's series against Brynäs has generally been on when I've been in class. It seems to me (from what I can tell) that Andersson is playing as their top matchup centre... being used mostly defensively. Is this accurate?

I have a hunch my team may draft him and I want to know as much as I can.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Can anyone with a subscription to this media outlet tell me what's in this article: Bernhardt långt från spel: "Oerhört segt"

Daniel Bernhardt is a Rangers' prospect, and while he's quite clearly a bust at this point, I still follow him and would like to know what exactly is wrong with him. I can't find any news on him from any source other than this one. Thanks.

GC

Jun 13, 2015
Can anyone with a subscription to this media outlet tell me what's in this article: Bernhardt långt från spel: "Oerhört segt"

Daniel Bernhardt is a Rangers' prospect, and while he's quite clearly a bust at this point, I still follow him and would like to know what exactly is wrong with him. I can't find any news on him from any source other than this one. Thanks.
It is something with the hip.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Trudel

Mar 9, 2004
Bryan Lerg has signed with my favourite team Ambri in Switzerland! Wath can you tell me about him? Strenght/weakness ?
Skating, shot, faceoff?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Bryan Lerg has signed with my favourite team Ambri in Switzerland! Wath can you tell me about him? Strenght/weakness ?
Skating, shot, faceoff?

Good skater but most of all a good shot, can snipe goals and be a good power play playmaker. Played as a winger in Sweden so don't know about faceoffs. Played on a team near the bottom of the standings so might just be that but had a bit of a reputation as an on or off kind of player and not always the hardest worker. Highly skilled and prototypical Swiss league skilled import.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Daniel Bernhardt missed almost all of last season with hip and groin problems. I see he's not under contract anywhere this year. I figured despite not performing well above the junior level, he might at least find an Allsvenskan spot. Anyone know if he's still having problems, or maybe recovering from surgery? I try Google.se but most results are behind a paywall.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Hey guys,
how do you think Gustav Rydahl would do in North America? Big 25 year old center who is finally showing some offense.

Also, dman Johannes Kinnvall?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Could anyone offer any scouting report on Mathias Brome?

Fast, skilled, a bit of a pest, too. Think he's attractive in the NHL because he does not need to be on the top lines for your team but can also be some depth scoring and speed.

Hey guys,
how do you think Gustav Rydahl would do in North America? Big 25 year old center who is finally showing some offense.

Also, dman Johannes Kinnvall?

Rydahl has been very clear that he will stay one more year no matter what. Has put emphasis on that more than once in a way that very few would. And it seems it's not because of lack of interest. Big, strong, powerful skater with just OK hands but has been too much to handle for SHL defenders this year. Also a guy that could play anywhere up and down your lineup. Won't expect him to be a scorer. Just the last year here converted to center but usually a power winger and heavy hitter.

Kinnvall offensive D with a knack for scoring goals, good shot on the power play. Have not seen him enough to comment on his defensive side but a modern type puck mover.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
LW Filip Ahl, free agent (Senators 4th-109, 2015 NHL Draft - never signed)

Maybe not much to see here but just curious since he was a point-per-game player last season in Allsvenskan as a 22-year-old and his size is intriguing.

Not listed as signed for anywhere next season yet. Is there a chance he returns to North America (played one season in the WHL with Regina) or is his game more suited to staying in Europe?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
RW Tobias Lindberg (Timra, Allsvenskan - Free Agent)

Another former Senator pick (4th-102 2013 NHL Draft) I remember one scouting friend being livid when he was originally traded away from the organization the first time.

How did his career kind of get off track from the big numbers he put up in Canadian junior hockey? He will be 25 this summer so there is still time for him to resurrect a career but mediocre numbers for a club in Allsvenskan is far from where his talent suggested his game would be at this point.

Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Hey guys,
Anyone tell me if arvid Costmar has NHL upside? He had quite a season in Super elite this year, but not much SHL experience yet? Any good tools?

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Hey guys,
Anyone tell me if arvid Costmar has NHL upside? He had quite a season in Super elite this year, but not much SHL experience yet? Any good tools?

He is a reliable two-way center with both some grit and playmaking skills. On junior level his wrist shot stands out as elite, we'll see how well he can use it on SHL level. Maybe lacks a bit speed to be a productive NHL player. He will get his chances this upcoming season as he has a regular SHL contract with Linköping.

Reactions: canucklax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad