Official Player Inquiry Thread

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Any Timra fans around? Can anyone tell Canucks fans a bit about Sebastien Erixon? What kind of player is he now, and what kind of potential does he have?

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Any Timra fans around? Can anyone tell Canucks fans a bit about Sebastien Erixon? What kind of player is he now, and what kind of potential does he have?

He is an offensive forward whos strong side is his skating. He also has a good shoot.
However, he is very small and should gain some muscles.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
hey thx dude.

For some reason google is not translating much of that page though and i don't know where i should go to find icetime for this past season.

Maybe that site works only for next season and game by game?

Ah, looks like the link just goes to the statistics start page no matter which specific page of statistics you link from. It was a few clics away but if you want to try to reach it it is: "Tidigare säsonger" (previous seasons) -->"2010/2011" --> "Elitserien" --> "Spelarstatistik" (player statistics) --> "Istid" (ice time).

There you can choose to view the entire league or by team ("Lag")/position ("position")/junior-senior ("Ã¥lderskategori") for example.

Good luck!

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Any thoughts on Frölundas Jonathan Johnson? He seems to have a good J20 Superelit season so far, and he scored a goal against Rangers (well, against a boosted Connecticut Whale at least). What kind of player is he? Technical? Fast? Does he remind of his father?

I guess he's too small to be interesting for NHL.

Also, has anyone seen his younger brother Andreas in action? In that case, what kind of player is he? Any potential?

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Hi all swedish posters!

My home team Espoo Blues just recently aquired Mika Hannula from MODO, and I'm pretty stoked because I know he's a tough player and I've seen him many times playing with tre kronor. How has he looked with MODO this year and is there a reason why he left during the middle of the season? Always a bit suspicious when a player switches a league in the middle of the season. Thanks :)

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Hi all swedish posters!

My home team Espoo Blues just recently aquired Mika Hannula from MODO, and I'm pretty stoked because I know he's a tough player and I've seen him many times playing with tre kronor. How has he looked with MODO this year and is there a reason why he left during the middle of the season? Always a bit suspicious when a player switches a league in the middle of the season. Thanks :)

He was only signed to a short term contract, that's why he left. Despite that he has played very well Modo choose not to resign him, so that they could acquire Mattias Ritola instead.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
He was only signed to a short term contract, that's why he left. Despite that he has played very well Modo choose not to resign him, so that they could acquire Mattias Ritola instead.

Thanks for the info, sounds good!

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Viktor Ekbom is possible the worst d-man I have ever seen in SM-Liiga. How on the earth did he managed to play over hundred games in the Elitserien?

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Viktor Ekbom is possible the worst d-man I have ever seen in SM-Liiga. How on the earth did he managed to play over hundred games in the Elitserien?

He was seen as a good prospect but didn't really develop as one could have hoped. Imo he's a SEL-2/Mestis player at best.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Hey guys and gals!

Leafs fan here just wondering if anyone could give me an update on how Tom Nilsson is doing with Mora this year?

We picked him with the #100 pick, and our scouting staff was extremely high on him and his upside.

can we get some analysis from those of you who may pay attention to his game?

Thanks a lot!

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Anything to add on goalie Linus Ullmark of MODO? His thread is pretty barren when compared to our other draft picks, as this report is pretty much all we've got:
from the Sabres Prospects draft preview:

6th round, 163rd overall

Linus Ullmark – G, 6’3, 198 lbs., Modo (SWE Jr)

Big and raw, the talented Ullmark enters his second draft year after an excellent season with Modo’s J20 squad that saw him post a solid 2.76 goals against average and .918 save percentage with the storied franchise. Ullmark’s play steadily improved throughout the season and into the playoffs, where he sparkled with a 2.24 GAA, .927 sv%, and one shutout in five starts.

Growing up dreaming of playing for Modo’s top club, Ullmark got his wish at the Christmas break when he was called in to back up Mikael Tellqvist while Anton Forsberg was away at the U20s. When Telllqvist fell ill, Ullmark was thrust into his first start as an 18-year old on two hours notice and held up well in an OT loss to Lulea.

While the bottleneck kept him buried most of the year, we’re still giving Ullmark a good shot to be drafted by the Sabres and an equally good chance to earn a larger SEL role with Modo before coming to North America.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Hey guys, I asked the same question in the prospects thread, but just wanted to see if there were more opinions on Oskar Sundqvist, the center the Penguins drafted in the 3rd round. What kind of player is he, what is his potential, and how far away from making the NHL is he?

Thanks for any help!

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I've been trying to follow Nicklas Jensen's progress with AIK, and I couldn't help but notice fellow youngster Mattias Janmark Nylén is outscoring him.

Seems like he is doing pretty well for an undrafted 20 year old, any chance he signs with a NHL team this off season? Does he have NHL potential?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I've been trying to follow Nicklas Jensen's progress with AIK, and I couldn't help but notice fellow youngster Mattias Janmark Nylén is outscoring him.

Seems like he is doing pretty well for an undrafted 20 year old, any chance he signs with a NHL team this off season? Does he have NHL potential?

Yeah, Janmark missed the World Juniors only by a month in age otherwise he would've been a lock there. I think he's actually eligible for one more draft though before he turns UFA, and he seems like a 4th round or beyond pick.

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Hejsan

I remember Jesper Petterson was injured in WJC exhibition match via Boone Jenner. What kind of injury and diagnose he had? Seems like his season is over?

It took over 5 minutes to get him off the ice...

Schnurvel

May 16, 2012
Linköping
Hejsan

I remember Jesper Petterson was injured in WJC exhibition match via Boone Jenner. What kind of injury and diagnose he had? Seems like his season is over?

It took over 5 minutes to get him off the ice...

Hi! :) He suffered a dislocated shoulder and a broken wrist/arm, and went into surgery right after Christmas I think. I hope he's righthanded, since both injuries were to his left arm... :p Yup, his season is over, unfortunately. He'd played 14 games for Linköping's men's team this season before that hit, and was consistently one of the best d-men on the team. 1g/2a, great physical play (which is funny considering he's about 3-4 inches shorter than most players in the league), and NO goals scored by the opposing teams in the over two hours of TOI he'd gotten. I really can't wait until next season when we get to see him play again, he's awesome! :)

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Does anyone know who is to the left of OEL?

oliver2.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad