HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Niemi will go back to being trash next season. You can all quote me on it and feel free to flame away if I'm wrong.

Technically and positionally, he is an absolute mess. I'll give him props for playing well this season, but my stance is that it's not sustainable, and I would be very surprised if his play even comes close to warranting the contract he signs.
Yes,Niemi is slow i would sign a younger goalie like UFA Michael Hutchinson.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't think that's enough. Objectively, Galchenyuk and Lindholm cancel each other out. Taking Darling's contract off their hands would help.

I was looking for an offset. Glad you saw through it, was hoping to line up pieces for the groundwork leading to a deal.

How do you guys feel about Lindholm? A good plan B if we don't land a better no. 1C or can he really be counted upon as a 1C? I'm not terribly excited by players who have not produced very high offensive numbers, especially considering how this team is scoring-challenged.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Gallagher, Galchenyuk, 3rdOA, 38th pick for Hanifin, Lindholm and 2nd OA.

Jul 6, 2016
Like ripping our heart out ? Gallagher would especially be a big loss, but if you want those pieces this is what I think it takes.

Carolina might want Zadina over Svechnikov anyway. So...

And Gallagher is the hearth and soul of this team (which means Habs are in deep shit...)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
the offseason started really well ! next 2 moves that need to be make: Churla and Crawford out !

now it need to continue with a good draft and good offseason move with the team on the ice !

but by now really happy of the start of this offseason.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
the offseason started really well ! next 2 moves that need to be make: Churla and Crawford out !

now it need to continue with a good draft and good offseason move with the team on the ice !

but by now really happy of the start of this offseason.

It makes sense to line up as much management talent you can get, especially when they are highly sought like Ducharme and Bouchard.

However, we need to give Bouchard assets to work with. I'm really looking forward to what kind of players will be made available to Bouchard, to start next season. I'm betting we're going to see a more eclectic mix of undrafted players at this year's summer camp -- some of whom will be Bouchard recommendations.

Reactions: groovejuice

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
We've now accumulated a number of 3rd and 4th line center prospects, and right D defence prospects. Slight overkill or overreaction perhaps but hopefully the draft will pick up prospects for the other positions to keep Laval moving forward.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
We've now accumulated a number of 3rd and 4th line center prospects, and right D defence prospects. Slight overkill or overreaction perhaps but hopefully the draft will pick up prospects for the other positions to keep Laval moving forward.
Honestly my strategy would be Zadina 3rd and than draft only Center and defence in the 2nd. Left defence to clarify

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Just updated the original post to add the hiring of Bouchard, the firings of Nick Carriere and Donald Dufresne, and the change of status for Larry Carriere.
Nick carriere was so qualified though , what with his one season coaching division 8 NCAA hockey . And the results , they were so good! We're not running a trust fund here.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I can see Pacioretty going in a deal for Teravainen. Habs have been high on him since his draft year, he plays center and Bergevin is from the Blackhawks organization.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If the Canes aren't trying to get that Necas/Zadina combo, I do hope we are. Not sure what it would take. I think I'd give them Price straight up for him.

Necas is probably just behind Aho and Slavin when it comes to untouchables. Canes have lacked a 1C for a few years now, and Necas has the best chance of becoming that. I would be absolutely floored if they moved Necas and it wasn't as part of a deal for a young center with more potential / more proven than Necas.

I can see Pacioretty going in a deal for Teravainen. Habs have been high on him since his draft year, he plays center and Bergevin is from the Blackhawks organization.

I'm not sure what that buys Carolina though. Maybe a few more goals, but Teravainen has excellent chemistry with Aho, is only 23 years old, took a huge step in his development this year with 23 goals and 64 points and is an RFA. I don't see a reason for the Canes to move a player like that for Pacioretty, who is a UFA in 1 year and will be commanding a huge payday at the age of 31 years old when his next contract begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad