*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2014-2015 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
He's better than him right now but won't be even close in just a year? Will see how they both develop I guess. The development for a player from 15 to 16 years old shouldn't be too much different from a player going from 16 to 17 years old. I haven't seen Arnaud play but his stats say he's somewhat of a late bloomer if he played in AA leagues prior to this season then put up a great year at MAAA. They'll both have great surroundings and hopefully Moose can preach work ethic on Durandeau. You don't see many players on this team getting away with being lazy.

If Veleno is truly a superstar and ends up in NHL at 18 then guys like Durandeau/Comtois/Morand could actually end up playing in Q a year longer than Veleno at the age of 19. If that's the case you could argue that they were better draft picks for this league but all of this remains to be seen.

Keep in mind Joey is 14.. Can't compare a 15 year old Joey who played in the Q to a 15 year old Arnaud who played in MDAAA.

Arnaud isn't a late bloomer lol.

He was the scorer on his Bantam AA team as a first year, and he made AAA the year after when the province brought it in.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
11390142_10155793354880144_7654609389401347481_n.jpg

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
As a rival fan , I actually always enjoyed watching Falkenhan play. He's my favourite kind of player. Hard worker , lots of character and just seems like a overall great young man. It's a shame , a man that young , is forced to sit out next season due to injury. Wish him all the best in the future!

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Moose hold the 19th overall pick in next Tuesdays import draft .

Any names floating around on who we might grab / thoughts on who we should ?

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

Very interested to see how this guy looks in camp. Seems like he's really excited to be part of the Mooseheads, and clearly from that picture he seems to be taking it very seriously.

He's also 17 already, so it will be interesting to see how quickly he's able to adjust.

Moose hold the 19th overall pick in next Tuesdays import draft .

Any names floating around on who we might grab / thoughts on who we should ?

I haven't heard any names yet myself, but knowing our management team, they've probably already got someone who they've talked to and is ready to come over.

I'm also curious to see what happens with our second pick(assuming we have one, or if not, acquire one). Obviously Ehlers isn't coming back, but there's also a chance Meier goes straight to the NHL. Not a huge chance, but depending who picks him, it might happen.

Last edited:

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Sort of off-topic but: I actually can't believe the asking prices for the NHL pre-season game between the frickin Isles and Canes. $100 for LB? I pay not much more than that for some NHL playoff tickets.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Sort of off-topic but: I actually can't believe the asking prices for the NHL pre-season game between the frickin Isles and Canes. $100 for LB? I pay not much more than that for some NHL playoff tickets.

If the game involved the Bruins, Habs or Leafs they could get away with that pricing but not for a Canes and Isles game. That matchup isn't even that entertaining to start off with anyways.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
So then:
One area where there will be unexpected competition is for the third overage spot. The team had that position reserved for captain Ryan Falkenham but he had to end his junior career prematurely because of hip injuries.

That leaves one opening for either Kelly Bent, Sam LeBlanc and, to a lesser extent, Brandon Vuic. The two other spots have already been earmarked for Brassard and Danny Moynihan.

Link

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
If the game involved the Bruins, Habs or Leafs they could get away with that pricing but not for a Canes and Isles game. That matchup isn't even that entertaining to start off with anyways.

Exactly. I highly doubt that is even the average ticket price on Long Island or in Raleigh for that match up during the regular season.

Ah well. Will be interesting to see how successful it is. I'd love to go in theory but literally cannot justify that.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Exactly. I highly doubt that is even the average ticket price on Long Island or in Raleigh for that match up during the regular season.

Ah well. Will be interesting to see how successful it is. I'd love to go in theory but literally cannot justify that.

Yeah I would totally go if it was reasonably priced like $30-$40 but no way am I spending nearly $100 for a Isles and Canes game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad