Status
Not open for further replies.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
MooseheadsFinalRoster-page-001.jpg

Last edited:

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Crossley and Dachyshyn both invited to Canada's U-17 development camp. I expected Crossley would be there but I didn't know Dachyshyn was also on Hockey Canada's radar. Also didn't realize that he doesn't turn 16 until October even though he's almost 6'3. Kid is going to be a giant.
Should be a great experience for both of them.

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
The future of the Halifax Mooseheads

With Jonathan Drouin going in the NHL next year, who are gonna take over? Nikolaj Ehlers should still be there, but here are two guys I'm looking forward to see. Both are 2016 NHL eligible.

Maxime Fortier played for Halifax in the playoffs and got 3 points in 5 games.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=213461

Brett Crossley just got drafted from Shattuck St.Marys. Looks like he could become a great player and a steal in the QMJHL draft.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=195781

Connor Moynihan is another player I will keep a eye on. Got 16 points last year, but that could jump. He is already at 6'3, 205 lbs and can drop the gloves too. A player to watch for the 2015 draft as he could be a riser.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=229713

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Ehlers is moving to C right? So, the drop off won't be so pronounced in terms of losing skill down the middle.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Fortier lead the Quebec Midget league in points, right?

EDIT: Just checked, yes he did, and he also had a huge margin in points over 2nd place on his team as well. He should be one to watch.

SweetyV

Apr 27, 2014
They have a young defenceman who's only 16 or 17, name escapes me though. Taylor?

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Halifax will be anywhere from 1-4th in their division next year since Cape Breton and Charlottetown will be strong and Moncton won't be too far behind Halifax.

Aside from loosing Drouin, they are loosing Weegar on defense, and along with their veterans like Ciampini and Ryan which may have a bigger impact than people think. They probably won't dominate, but still do fairly well.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So this is going to be a very important year for Nikolaj, can he proove all the nay sayers wrong and carry Halifax?

Will be interesting to follow.

Is it certain he will be tried at C? Or does it depend on whatever team drafts him wishes?

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
So this is going to be a very important year for Nikolaj, can he proove all the nay sayers wrong and carry Halifax?

Will be interesting to follow.

Is it certain he will be tried at C? Or does it depend on whatever team drafts him wishes?

what were the naysayers saying ?? :) the guy is going to be a top 10 NHL pick....
I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about the kid... have I missed something?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
what were the naysayers saying ?? :) the guy is going to be a top 10 NHL pick....
I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about the kid... have I missed something?

Come over too the Canucks forum, we have some very adament nay sayers.

They think Ehlers was carried by Jo, they think he was paired against easy opposition, they think the Q is bad, they think the Maritime division is even worse.

To put it blunt, they are not impressed with Ehlers and say he had easy matchups on a globetrotting team with good players :)

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Come over too the Canucks forum, we have some very adament nay sayers.

They think Ehlers was carried by Jo, they think he was paired against easy opposition, they think the Q is bad, they think the Maritime division is even worse.

To put it blunt, they are not impressed with Ehlers and say he had easy matchups on a globetrotting team with good players :)

And what would people from Vancouver know about kids playing in the Q?

How many games have they seen exactly?

All one has to do is read your last post to know that the "naysayers" (ie probably just you) have no idea what they are talking about.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
And what would people from Vancouver know about kids playing in the Q?

How many games have they seen exactly?

All one has to do is read your last post to know that the "naysayers" (ie probably just you) have no idea what they are talking about.

Are you kidding me? I would check Ehlers own threads and come back:) I Think you are misunderstanding something:laugh:

I have seen quite a few Q games myself:)

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
You're right... I have no idea what you're talking about or what point you are trying to make.

The "had easy matchups on a globetrotting team with good players" shows just how little knowledge there is. Last years team was not the "globetrotting" team... it was a team with hard working players that bought into a system. Ehlers was a leader, not some coat tail riding chump.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
You're right... I have no idea what you're talking about or what point you are trying to make.

The "had easy matchups on a globetrotting team with good players" shows just how little knowledge there is. Last years team was not the "globetrotting" team... it was a team with hard working players that bought into a system. Ehlers was a leader, not some coat tail riding chump.

Seriously, put the breaks on bud... I Was serious when I wrote that is what the naysayers Say on the Nuck boards. And im not one of them. Have followed him since he Was 15 and have been very active on all his threads.. Hence me writing you have misunderstood something....:help:

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Say has there been any word on if the green jerseys are returning next year or even (please,please,please!) replacing the red jerseys as the regular home jersey? The greens did get a lot (all?) of the home games in the playoffs.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

ImGoingNucks has been one of Ehlers biggest supporters on these boards, so to quote yourself... I have no idea what you're talking about or what point you are trying to make.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Cape Breton and Charlottetown will finish ahead of them.

Its going to be interesting to see. Honestly I think you underrate Moncton a bit. They're not going to willingly sit in 4th. Best offense in the division and a good goalie to boot. A couple wildcards on defense.. could win the division.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Its going to be interesting to see. Honestly I think you underrate Moncton a bit. They're not going to willingly sit in 4th. Best offense in the division and a good goalie to boot. A couple wildcards on defense.. could win the division.

What means you think Monctons offense will be better than CB's next year?

CB last year had 35 more goals for than Moncton and were 3rd overall in goals for and they're likely only losing Corriveau and Legare up front while adding Svechnikov so I don't see how Moncton has the best offense. Unless Tkachev and Barbashev go totally beast mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad