*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2014-2015 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catz*

pot....kettle...diver.... all the talk just hides the fact that Dubeau has been shaky at best and outplayed by Brassard, and Ehlers and Meier have outplayed barbashev and Garland.

Personally (and i know i'm going to drive cats fans crazy by saying it), but, i think they are done! Dubeau has never been good in the playoffs. @ 17, he didn't play much in Shawi, @18 he stunk the joint up against Victo - the melt down in Victo cost them the series, and last year got swept again in the playoffs. I think he has demons to work out and for whatever reason they easily creep into his head!!

Didn't realize it was only a best of 3

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Tough game last night. Their PK really killed them. It was almost like a sure goal against every time Moncton went on the PP.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Well that was a tough loss in OT tonight. I dont like Halifax's chances in this series anymore. Having Fortier and Gadoury out really makes us a one line team. Hardie looks banged up too and the rest of the defense is rookies. Game 5 is in Fredericton i wonder what the crowd will be like.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Well that was a tough loss in OT tonight. I dont like Halifax's chances in this series anymore. Having Fortier and Gadoury out really makes us a one line team. Hardie looks banged up too and the rest of the defense is rookies.

Regrettably I am inclined to agree. I figured we would have to (and would) take a game at home to stand a chance at winning the series... now its very uncertain but I dont like our chances at this point either.

Agreed about Gads and Fortier out.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Regrettably I am inclined to agree. I figured we would have to (and would) take a game at home to stand a chance at winning the series... now its very uncertain but I dont like our chances at this point either.

Agreed about Gads and Fortier out.

I wasn't even expecting us to win two games in this series. 7 games against Shawinigan, with all the overtime they played, would take the wind out of any team.

Is Watt injured as well? Didn't hear much about him last night.

Whatever happens next, I'd say this season is already a success for the Mooseheads. Pulling off one playoff upset is pretty good. Also going to be great experience for all the young players.

rangersfan212

Jun 18, 2010
The Island
If I have to watch C Moynihan play one more shift I will never go to another Moosehead game again. NEVER!!! Please tell me he is gone next year.

rangersfan212

Jun 18, 2010
The Island
Troll this... Season over and they quit. Please upgrade bottom lines or we will repeat next year. Cant have Moynihan types out there. Cant compete

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I wasn't even expecting us to win two games in this series. 7 games against Shawinigan, with all the overtime they played, would take the wind out of any team.

Is Watt injured as well? Didn't hear much about him last night.

Whatever happens next, I'd say this season is already a success for the Mooseheads. Pulling off one playoff upset is pretty good. Also going to be great experience for all the young players.

I agree the Mooseheads winning a playoff round is a success considering all the rookies on this team especially on defense. Winning those first two games in Moncton gave Halifax fans a false sense of hope. Plus injuries haven't helped since were not a deep team start with. Either way if the season ends Sunday i will be there to cheer the boys on.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Game 5
Ehlers 1 asst -4
Garland 6 asst +6

I think he was trying to point out that even though Garland had 6 points in that one game, he's now 13 points behind Ehlers in the playoff scoring (Ehlers with 2 points on 4 goals in the 1st today). :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I think he was trying to point out that even though Garland had 6 points in that one game, he's now 13 points behind Ehlers in the playoff scoring (Ehlers with 2 points on 4 goals in the 1st today). :laugh:

Good, for a moment there I thought he was actually suggesting that Garland is the better player :sarcasm:

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Didn't see the game today, so what happened? 6-0 halfway through the game and it's a 7-5 final? Did the Mooseheads start doing an impression of the Maple Leafs?

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Wild game tonight. Who would of thought Brandon Vuic would score 2 goals. Mooseheads took their foot off the gas and got a little sloppy the last 30 mins or so. Luckily we built a huge lead early. Ehlers once again looked like a man on a mission.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well, they gave it a good run. Tough when you don't have your second line and depth players playing very sparingly all the time. Moncton was the better team, and Garland put up points again. It's going to suck not getting to watch Ehlers next year.

According to Willy Palov, 4 players had the flu and we're puking between shifts. Jeez..

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Great season by the Moose. They did more than anyone could have hoped for. Winning one round and bring such a deep and talented team like Moncton to 7 games I would say is a pretty successful run considering the lack of depth and youth on defense.

Props to Hardie who steeped up big time in the playoffs, his hits will surely be missed. The lost really closes the chapter on the 2013 team with guys like Hardie leaving. The defense will be interesting to watch next season, I thought they progressed well as the season wore on and having that experience should show nex year.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
My optimistic/biased predictions for this season and last were not as far fetched as most initially though. I had Halifax repeating in the Q last year (lost in 7 in semis to eventual champ), and going to the 3rd round this year (lost in 7 in round 2)

The mooseheads are now building a reputation as a consistently competitive team and will attract more talent than other teams in the league. That combined with their coaching staff management should be enough to keep them half-decent in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad