*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread Part II

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Snoopy_Happy_Dance.jpg

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
That's a better return than I was expecting. Any draft picks we can get at this point are much needed as well.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
D is going to be an issue this year I think - with the overagers everything is unfolding as I expected so far but doubt is creeping in as to what happens next.

I was thinking Gadoury/Ryan/Hardie but it is entirely possible they might trade Ryan for a pick and keep Gadoury/Hardie/Lussier

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Brett Crossley, 21st overall.

John Marino, 56th overall.

Barrett Dachyshyn , 57th overall.

Couple of Nova Scotian boys so far. Also, found this little blurb about Marino:

http://usphl.com/team-news/south-shores-marino-commits-to-yale
“John Marino has the most upside of any hockey player I have coached in 20 years. He has a hockey IQ that is off the charts. When his body catches up to his ability the sky is the limit for him,” said Harlow.
Always get nervous when we draft someone who has committed to a school already. Sounds like it could be a homerun pick though.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
The 2014 Halifax Mooseheads draftees; taken from www.eliteprospects.com:

2 #21 Halifax Mooseheads Brett Crossley (F)
3 #56 Halifax Mooseheads John Marino (D)
3 #57 Halifax Mooseheads Barrett Dachyshyn (C)
4 #74 Halifax Mooseheads Domenico Argento (D)
5 #79 Halifax Mooseheads Morgan Nauss (D)
5 #92 Halifax Mooseheads Dominik Blain-Dupuis (LW)
6 #110 Halifax Mooseheads Kevin Martin (G)
7 #128 Halifax Mooseheads Gabriel Vanier (RW)
8 #134 Halifax Mooseheads Cédric Lévesque (LW)
9 #164 Halifax Mooseheads Kevin Resop (G)
10 #182 Halifax Mooseheads Eddie Banville (F)
11 #200 Halifax Mooseheads Tristan Tardif (F)
13 #236 Halifax Mooseheads Gabriel Morin (RW)
14 #254 Halifax Mooseheads William Gonthier (D

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
On top of that, Ryan was probably the only one(not including Gadoury) who could get a decent return. No offense to Hardie and Lussier, as a I like them both, but I doubt there were teams lining up to acquire them.

It was either one more year of Ryan, or two players for the future. Sad to see Ryan go, but with all the picks we traded for our title run, we needed to start stocking up again.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
On top of that, Ryan was probably the only one(not including Gadoury) who could get a decent return. No offense to Hardie and Lussier, as a I like them both, but I doubt there were teams lining up to acquire them.

It was either one more year of Ryan, or two players for the future. Sad to see Ryan go, but with all the picks we traded for our title run, we needed to start stocking up again.

Totally disagree with you on Hardie. I bet Russel got a lot of calls on him.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Totally disagree with you on Hardie. I bet Russel got a lot of calls on him.

Yeah, right after I wrote that, I thought I was probably undervaluing Hardie, though with our lack of depth on D, he was always pretty much guaranteed to return. Still, a big skilled guy like Ryan was almost certainly the hottest commodity among our overagers. I like the deal, even though I really like how Ryan has developed.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
I would have expected he would be able to fetch a 1st. Power forward that can score and has Memorial Cup experience.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Regarding the Ryan trade. I think Ryan probably got less than what Cam had hoped for, however, I think this is a case of them really wanting a player They wanted a second round pick so they could grab Dachyshyn, but when he was still on the board at the end of the 3rd, they overpayed for pick #57... that being said, the reality is, it doesn't matter if its pick #1 or # 150 if you're going to take the same player with it.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Regarding the Ryan trade. I think Ryan probably got less than what Cam had hoped for, however, I think this is a case of them really wanting a player They wanted a second round pick so they could grab Dachyshyn, but when he was still on the board at the end of the 3rd, they overpayed for pick #57... that being said, the reality is, it doesn't matter if its pick #1 or # 150 if you're going to take the same player with it.

They also got pick #79 in the Ryan trade, and used that to select Morgan Nauss. I remember a while back there were people saying he was the best defenseman at Atlantics. In the end it came down to either one more year of Ryan, or two players for the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad