*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread Part II

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
So we're on to the next round... I was kinda expecting their to be a little more activity in this thread after last night. Is everyone nursing hangovers?

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Halifax Mooseheads ‏@HFXMooseheads 3h
The top 2 offences in the Q go head-to-head. Vdo averaged 4.5 goals per game, the Moose 4.3. Tickets on sale Weds at 10am to General Public

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
I am cautiously optimistic - we beat both Val D'Or and Drummondville in all the games we faced them...

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Very excited for this series. Living in Calgary I will probably pay up for a Telus Webcast of a few of these games.

I don't know if we'll see a high scoring series that everyone expects. These teams are both well coached and I feel they know the firepower that each other has so they will focus on stopping the top guys, staying out of the box, and not making any mistakes.

But probably a few early goals go in and all hell might break loose, who knows. Should be good.

Biased, but I'm picking Moose in 7. Not going to be an easy one. Big game experience gives them the edge.

Wish I could be there to see Mantha/Drouin live.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
That's a damn cool looking poster.

I see they have Ashley listed on the lineup, anyone know if he is definitely back? Last I heard they said he was 'probable' for game 1.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
So Moosehead fans.. Can someone tell me their thoughts on Ehlers and the NHL draft.. Do you think he is worth a top 6 pick?

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I thought game 1 tonight was a pretty poor showing from Halifax. Val D'or played well and the Moose looked rusty and never seem to have their legs under them. I thought this was one of the poorer games Weager played this year. Our PP was bad too, they couldn't even score on the 5 on 3. Need to win tomorrow or they will be in trouble.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
So Moosehead fans.. Can someone tell me their thoughts on Ehlers and the NHL draft.. Do you think he is worth a top 6 pick?

Even if he wasn't a Moosehead and I wasn't somewhat biased, I'd say yes. His ceiling is as high as anyone in this draft, and it wouldn't be the least bit surprising if he ended up being the highest scoring player drafted.

I'm not really sure what Vancouver's drafting habits are, maybe they'd want one of the bigger guys like Ritchie or Virtanen, but personally I think Ehlers and Shinkaruk could be magic in a few years.

Not that I want to see that happen. Ehlers is exactly what the Leafs need, so hands off.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
I thought game 1 tonight was a pretty poor showing from Halifax. Val D'or played well and the Moose looked rusty and never seem to have their legs under them. I thought this was one of the poorer games Weager played this year. Our PP was bad too, they couldn't even score on the 5 on 3. Need to win tomorrow or they will be in trouble.

A little better last night but not good enough.

Very disappointing to say the least. Zach had a total meltdown after that first goal.

Too much cycling on the puck and not enough shots on net.

After 2 games I have to say as much as I like Weegar, his d-style is a liability against Val d'Or. Murphy too, although with Murphy the bigger issue seems to be that no one on his line knows to cover him when he pinches. VDO is a team that will crush you for defensive mistakes. Saw that a lot with all those stretch pass breakaways. Moose did seem to fix that in game 2 but VDO is a puzzle we just can't seem to figure out.

How did we beat them twice during the season?

In any case, dropping games 1and 2 at home does not bode well. At this point I can't see how the Moose will bounce back.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Pavlov was on the radio last week saying that depth didn't matter much, once you were this far in the playoffs....that basically the stars would decide amongst them who would take the series. I wonder if he still feels this way after 2 games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad