Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
no one gets offer sheeted anymore. if we were offer sheeting anyone it would've been kucherov 2 yrs ago. still can't believe we didn't. we could've broken tampa. now we will suffer for it in the first round......hopefully :)

GMs are working for the ownership who as a collective do not wish to see payroll increases to happen. It'll just come back to bite their asses eventually.

Even though the Seattle exp draft is still two years away, GMs are probably already taking that into account when they are looking at developing their rosters. As far as the expansion team itself is concerned, I think that Vegas did the mistake of accruing too many defensemen into their roster which McPhee was probably looking to trade as the season went along. Thus, it think that the Panthers could trade their 1st/2nd and a lesser prospect or roster player for Seattle not taking something valuable. Also the Panthers should have enough contracts and salary to be left exposed so all of our current roster defensemen will be probably also seen at the end of '19-20 -campaign.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Oak View Group led by Tim Leiweke and major investors, billionaire David Bonderman (TPG Group) and Jerry Bruckheimer said they hope to have control of the Key Arena by fall and start construction around the 1st of the year 2019. The $600M renovation will supposedly be finished in time for the 2020-21 NHL season. Former Cat exec Peter Luukko is also on board as co chair of the Arena Alliance.

I doubt Bettman will award them the expansion until all the ducks are on the table and in order. That said, this is a very formidable executive team and group of investors that know how to get things done. I expect them to have the project done on time and ready. Look for the expansion draft June 2020.

Cost of the new expansion franchise $650M (up from $500M for VGK).:)

I'm more surprised they don't just build a new arena? Ya it may be more than the $600 million reno but as you said, these guys have the money and ego to go all in.

It was built in the early 60s and last renovated in the mid 90s. Just seems odd to continue to patch it up, it's not MSG worthy in my eyes.

The renderings of the Reno are gorgeous but they say for basketball it will seat 17,000 people but hockey games won't allow for as many so less than 17,000 capacity for that cost? Why not go for 20,000+ like most new stadiums will achieve?

Ya and Viola and thr other 30 GMs will get a hefty expansion payment. Think I saw Friedman report somewhere in the $19-22 million dollar range.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So I have been thinking about how to solve the "Trocheck problem" (Ease of guys, it's not as bad as it sounds).

He has looked his best when he had the Smith type wingers with him. Jokinen was no slouch either as a two-way center. Malgin has looked good next to him, but, I think he has looked good in spite of Trocheck not because.

I propose that the team bypasses Pacioretty and instead take a long, hard, deep look at acquiring Mark Stone this summer. He is an RFA so it would have to be a trade. But he is a "Selke" type winger and could really be that Smith type player Trocheck needs.

Early wishlist is Mark Stone and Kovalchuk as far as forwards are concerned.

Reactions: I am not exposed

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
So I have been thinking about how to solve the "Trocheck problem" (Ease of guys, it's not as bad as it sounds).

He has looked his best when he had the Smith type wingers with him. Jokinen was no slouch either as a two-way center. Malgin has looked good next to him, but, I think he has looked good in spite of Trocheck not because.

I propose that the team bypasses Pacioretty and instead take a long, hard, deep look at acquiring Mark Stone this summer. He is an RFA so it would have to be a trade. But he is a "Selke" type winger and could really be that Smith type player Trocheck needs.

Early wishlist is Mark Stone and Kovalchuk as far as forwards are concerned.

Common theme here: guys with smarts & passing ability do well with him. Stone would be great but at what cost? I think he is the one guy Ottawa doesn't want to move. Well, him and Karlsson.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Their cap is seemingly tighter than us. Depends on what they sign Karlsson for. Can they afford him? If they can then that would mean Hoffman needs to get moved. IDK, I am not intimately familiar with their budget.

Johnson looked better imo prior to the All-Star break leading up to the deadline.

He did ask for a trade and it didnt happen. Maybe he mailed it in....good for us at least :laugh:

Indications at the deadline were that they'd trade Karlsson and sign Stone. Bjugstad+Tippett+1st for Stone is more realistic. In anycase, I think the Sens would try to sneak in Bobby Ryan haha

Johnson kept getting scored on and taking penalties; early in the year and late in the year. Plus, I certainly don't want a player that mail it that bad when you are on the playoffs bubble.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Indications at the deadline were that they'd trade Karlsson and sign Stone. Bjugstad+Tippett+1st for Stone is more realistic. In anycase, I think the Sens would try to sneak in Bobby Ryan haha

Johnson kept getting scored on and taking penalties; early in the year and late in the year. Plus, I certainly don't want a player that mail it that bad when you are on the playoffs bubble.

I am high on Stone. If they change that to a 2nd I'd take a long hard look at it.

Fair criticism hah. Not much out there on the UFA market though thats for sure. Carlson looks to be the prize outside Karlsson

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I am high on Stone. If they change that to a 2nd I'd take a long hard look at it.

Fair criticism hah. Not much out there on the UFA market though thats for sure. Carlson looks to be the prize outside Karlsson
But hey, I'm all for getting Stone or Hoffman. Hoffman would be less expensive imo and he's a good scorer.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Imagine the meltdown/expectations of this board if we had Bobby Ryan on this team?

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I'd pitch Bjugstad + Pysyk and go from there.
No doubt but I bet neither fit what they would want in a rebuild. Plus Melnyk is unlikely to like paying more cash than salary cap to a guy like Nick. Once you get into a discussion of retention I think that deal falls apart, Also very unlikely inside the division IMO.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Love how Bjugstad is playing well so Tro is slowly becoming the new whipping boy. Dude has been a fan favorite for years now and is having his best season, but now he's a problem because of one dud game vs TB. He looked alright to me last game.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Love how Bjugstad is playing well so Tro is slowly becoming the new whipping boy. Dude has been a fan favorite for years now and is having his best season, but now he's a problem because of one dud game vs TB. He looked alright to me last game.
Tro is doing great on the PP but at 5v5 he's giving a lot of chances and goals. Tro has the worst goal differential at 5v5 (with Haley and Mack) at -12. It's not too much to ask better than that from him.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
From a ducks fan I’m guessing Borgstrom is your top prospect. Hell its hard to find 6’3 centers with that much skill and would consider him a top ten prospect in the league. Anything on ducks roster/farm system that you’d feel is a worthy price. I would love to see him with Terry in our future. I didn’t want to make a trade board thread just thought this would be easier

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
From a ducks fan I’m guessing Borgstrom is your top prospect. Hell its hard to find 6’3 centers with that much skill and would consider him a top ten prospect in the league. Anything on ducks roster/farm system that you’d feel is a worthy price. I would love to see him with Terry in our future. I didn’t want to make a trade board thread just thought this would be easier
Quite simply there is a better chance we get Troy Terry than you guys getting Borgstrom. We love him.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

At this point, Borgstrom is one of the toughest bargains in the league. Teams would have to cough up prime cut pieces that they probably don't have in order to a decent look at the proposal. Ofc folks say that he's just a prospect, still uncertain... yada yada, but that's just the way it is atm. Dale isn't in a hurry to do anything rash and he has high hopes for him concerning this team, and I think he's right. I don't think that the Ducks for an instance have anything that would justify trading Borgstrom even though the Ducks do have some nice roster players and prospects.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If he ends up as comparable to Richard Rakell I would be ecstatic.

I think Dale sees him on the team next season. Dont think much changes that. Unless a top 10 player became available.

Reactions: Dmang714

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
If he ends up as comparable to Richard Rakell I would be ecstatic.

I think Dale sees him on the team next season. Dont think much changes that. Unless a top 10 player became available.
really? i actually think he looks like he'll be better than rakell. but theres no telling until we see him play with barkov/tro or center his own line. i dont see him as a 3rd line center long term though, so i hope he has chemistry as a winger with those two.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
really? i actually think he looks like he'll be better than rakell. but theres no telling until we see him play with barkov/tro or center his own line. i dont see him as a 3rd line center long term though, so i hope he has chemistry as a winger with those two.

you do know Rakell is on pace for 75 pts this year, as a 24 year old, right?

if Borgstrom became a consistent 70+ point producer at the NHL level i think we'd all be ecstatic.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
you do know Rakell is on pace for 75 pts this year, as a 24 year old, right?

if Borgstrom became a consistent 70+ point producer at the NHL level i think we'd all be ecstatic.
I don't think rakell will replicate this. he's good but I think his numbers will hover around 50-60 pts the rest of his career. I see borg being a 60+ guy for the long haul. but maybe its just wishful thinking. I had to pick at least one thing to b optimistic about right?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It's NHL or juniors for Tippett.

I started to think last night that even if Vatrano keeps looking good it will be tough for him to land a longterm spot on the team with Borgstrom& Tippett additions.
Then we should trade Tippett for a young quality top 4 d-man with upside. Move Pysyk somehow to clear some cap space. Maybe Tippet and Pysyk for ???

Reactions: ZamBroni

ZamBroni

Dec 15, 2014
Ft. Lauderdale
It's NHL or juniors for Tippett.

I started to think last night that even if Vatrano keeps looking good it will be tough for him to land a longterm spot on the team with Borgstrom& Tippett additions.

Damn yeah that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Wouldve been fine trading Tip for some D help but I'm not so sure now with Mascherin most likely gone. Depends how the draft goes I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad