Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
yea thatd be absolute lunacy to include ryan's contract in a karlsson deal. that would dimish karlsson's value, someone that you CANNOT compromise on if youre trading him. they need to get the most out of him as possible, so thinking of doing this is ridiculous. and they're going to be a rebuilding team if they do in fact trade him, itll mostly be for a boat load of futures, so if theyre rebuilding....why do they need to dump ryan's remaining 4yrs? just ride it out for another 2 or 3 years and buy out the last year or 2 if needed. theyll have plenty of cap space to keep him for now. sure youd like to get rid of it but not at the expense of bringing karlsson's value down.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
If Tallon is leaning more towards the "buyer" side, I hope he does something soon. Not that I think we should buy, but just sayin'.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
We won't get a very good return for Bjugstad if we trade him. But yeah, I think we should explore other options. I like the kid, but he isn't contributing very much offensively and he's not really adding anything that can't be replaced by one of our younger guys. Bjugstad + 3rd + prospect for Mike Hoffman

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It'd be funny if we got Karlsson and Ryan.

That would put that whole "management wanted to cut salary" story to bed.
Yes it would shut people up. Okay, I'd at least promise to shut up.

I think they should go for it and give Bjugstad, Petro, Borg or Hepo and a second in return, plus obviously cap space.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Some Pens fans offering up Sheary for Petrovic on trade thread board?
He has 2 years left on deal at $3 million. We'd have to add a bit but I'd probably do that. Brickley? Lammikko?

Sheary - Barkov - Dadonov
Huberdeau - Trocheck - Malgin
Mamin/Vatrano- McCann - Bjugstad
Mcginn - Mack - Sceviour

Rotate Mamin in for when we need more defensive gameplan and Vatrano when we need more offensive.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Some Pens fans offering up Sheary for Petrovic on trade thread board?
He has 2 years left on deal at $3 million. We'd have to add a bit but I'd probably do that. Brickley? Lammikko?

Sheary - Barkov - Dadonov
Huberdeau - Trocheck - Malgin
Mamin/Vatrano- McCann - Bjugstad
Mcginn - Mack - Sceviour

Rotate Mamin in for when we need more defensive gameplan and Vatrano when we need more offensive.

The Problem with this Line Up is, this Line Up would cost A normal GM his Job, why?? I posted before when 3+4 Line cost you the same amount as the 2nd or 1st Line, you been a bad GM.
So Bjugstad contract is the neckbraker. There is no Team in the League paying a 3rd Liner 4 Million and 4th liner 3 Million. You have a bad money controll as GM. As a Owner i would ask me, if he is throwing around my Money.
That has nothing to do with Anti-DT, that is seriouse and realistic Quetion everyone should asking themself.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Problem with this Line Up is, this Line Up would cost A normal GM his Job, why?? I posted before when 3+4 Line cost you the same amount as the 2nd or 1st Line, you been a bad GM.
So Bjugstad contract is the neckbraker. There is no Team in the League paying a 3rd Liner 4 Million and 4th liner 3 Million. You have a bad money controll as GM. As a Owner i would ask me, if he is throwing around my Money.
That has nothing to do with Anti-DT, that is seriouse and realistic Quetion everyone should asking themself.

We had Bolland as our 3C at his top6 contract. I get your point but it balances out when our 3 best forwards have some of the best valued deals to offset the overpaid bottom 6.

Going into next year, I'd shop McGinn and Bjugstad if they think Tippett is ready, that would free up nearly $7.5 Mio.

Reactions: GermanPanther

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
We had Bolland as our 3C at his top6 contract. I get your point but it balances out when our 3 best forwards have some of the best valued deals to offset the overpaid bottom 6.

Going into next year, I'd shop McGinn and Bjugstad if they think Tippett is ready, that would free up nearly $7.5 Mio.

What happend with the Bolland contract?? As a GM you can´t allow to much of this. But we talk about this for a while, the McGinn contract is been something easier to handle away, then the Bjugstad Contract. That Deal to make will be something hard to get rid of it, for that Bjugstad must play less Windmill Stick play.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What happend with the Bolland contract?? As a GM you can´t allow to much of this. But we talk about this for a while, the McGinn contract is been something easier to handle away, then the Bjugstad Contract. That Deal to make will be something hard to get rid of it, for that Bjugstad must play less Windmill Stick play.

Feel like Bjugstad has regained most of his trade value and teams like MTL, CAR, NYR, ARI, DET and CGY could use him. I don't even think we'd have to retain.

McGinn with one year left would be an easy trade. Possibly buyout Mack as well. Trim the fat

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Quick question.

What would an offer sheet look like for Trouba? What would he need to be offered for WPG to say no? They have a ton of good RFAs that need new deals (Laine, Connor, Armia, Lowry and Hellebuyck) in the next 2 years and have a fair bit of long term deals already.

Just drooling a bit at the thought of a top 4 with him added to the mix. Would you do it?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Quick question.

What would an offer sheet look like for Trouba? What would he need to be offered for WPG to say no? They have a ton of good RFAs that need new deals (Laine, Connor, Armia, Lowry and Hellebuyck) in the next 2 years and have a fair bit of long term deals already.

Just drooling a bit at the thought of a top 4 with him added to the mix. Would you do it?

Nope if the dollar amount corresponds to sending three first round picks to Peg.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nope if the dollar amount corresponds to sending three first round picks to Peg.

So one would assume they may have trouble if we went to the 2nd highest compensation slot? We offer him the same deal as Ekblad? If so would it be 2019 and 2020 1st round picks? Or would our 2018 be one of them?

Ideally you'd love it if you could do it for the 3rd highest compensation price though.

Because if it's 19 and 20 then I'd do it for sure. Those would be late round picks anyhow and we could still draft our 2018 1st and 2nd which should set us up for the next little while.
Screenshot_20180303-163014.png

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Considering Peg's contract situation, they can drive up the price up to the two 1st's + 2nd + 3rd and then you'll find yourself asking if it's worth it for a top4 dman, especially if you end up depleting value via Seattle's exp draft anyways. I don't think it's worth it even though Trouba is a good dman because you'd have to justify the different between Trouba and Weegar/Petrovic/Pysyk.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Considering Peg's contract situation, they can drive up the price up to the two 1st's + 2nd + 3rd and then you'll find yourself asking if it's worth it for a top4 dman, especially if you end up depleting value via Seattle's exp draft anyways. I don't think it's worth it even though Trouba is a good dman because you'd have to justify the different between Trouba and Weegar/Petrovic/Pysyk.

Ya good point on the Seattle expansion but that would be 3-4 years down the road and by then Yandle would be nearing 34-35 years of age so we could expose him and his contract or trade him if need be.

We have Gildon/McCoshen developing on LD and could use the 2018 1st to draft a defenseman to be ready in that 3-4 year timespan. We have a fair bit of cap being freed up over the next 2-3 years and our forward prospects will be ELCs.

Just bored and daydreaming I guess.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Ya good point on the Seattle expansion but that would be 3-4 years down the road and by then Yandle would be nearing 34-35 years of age so we could expose him and his contract or trade him if need be.

We have Gildon/McCoshen developing on LD and could use the 2018 1st to draft a defenseman to be ready in that 3-4 year timespan. We have a fair bit of cap being freed up over the next 2-3 years and our forward prospects will be ELCs.

Just bored and daydreaming I guess.

Unless there is some clause in his contract that changes then, we won't be able to expose him. He was the one defenseman we had to protect.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Ya good point on the Seattle expansion but that would be 3-4 years down the road
The Oak View Group led by Tim Leiweke and major investors, billionaire David Bonderman (TPG Group) and Jerry Bruckheimer said they hope to have control of the Key Arena by fall and start construction around the 1st of the year 2019. The $600M renovation will supposedly be finished in time for the 2020-21 NHL season. Former Cat exec Peter Luukko is also on board as co chair of the Arena Alliance.

I doubt Bettman will award them the expansion until all the ducks are on the table and in order. That said, this is a very formidable executive team and group of investors that know how to get things done. I expect them to have the project done on time and ready. Look for the expansion draft June 2020.

Cost of the new expansion franchise $650M (up from $500M for VGK).:)

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
no one gets offer sheeted anymore. if we were offer sheeting anyone it would've been kucherov 2 yrs ago. still can't believe we didn't. we could've broken tampa. now we will suffer for it in the first round......hopefully :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad