Elks: Official Eskimos thread meet Devon Bailey Eskimo Latest draft pick

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well, I lost money on my bet365 ticket picking Saskatchewan to beat Montreal on Sunday. The Riders should have won the game by all accounts and by my eye as well - except for the abysmal performance of Darian Durant.

It makes me feel better knowing his lousy passing is going to cost Saskatchewan a home playoff game and an appearance in the Grey Cup - no doubt worth millions to the team.

Somebody in Saskatchewan should tell Durant there's no such thing as a bounce pass in football. :laugh:

Any reason you use bet365 over bodog? Just curious which is better

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So I take it no fine for the dude who concussed our quarterback?

Any fines or suspensions from weekend games usually are announced on the Wednesday or Thursday of the following week.

This being the CFL, I expect a $500 fine for trying to maim or kill another player.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
Any fines or suspensions from weekend games usually are announced on the Wednesday or Thursday of the following week.

This being the CFL, I expect a $500 fine for trying to maim or kill another player.

IMO when a player is in the grasp of a defender or all ready down and it is a helmet to helmet hit it should be an automatic ejection from the game.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
IMO when a player is in the grasp of a defender or all ready down and it is a helmet to helmet hit it should be an automatic ejection from the game.

This was my position immediately after the hit took place. How the Argo player wasnt ejected is incomprehensible.

As for the Esks....leaving Reilly in the game was beyond incompetent. How in the world does that happen?

This team just keeps finding new lows. :shakehead:

The Esks havent been worth my time and money for a while now but its getting to the point where I dont even care what happens to the team. They are becoming irrelevant.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Chris O'Leary just tweeted that Reilly won't practice tomorrow but he'll be reevaluated. He says that Mike hasn't be ruled out for this weekend's game (yet).

they should rule him out. the Esks have a QB who has taken a ton of hits and was just concussed.
The team is going nowhere, so why not err on the side of caution and keep him out?

If he doesn't play, I will be beyond disgusted if Joseph is the starting QB.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
Any reason you use bet365 over bodog? Just curious which is better

I haven't signed up for bodog yet, but I will.

bet365 was offering an "up to $200" new account sign-up bonus, which seemed attractive. I opened my account with $200, and they doubled it, so my starting bankroll was $400.

I notice bodog is offering $100 on new accounts, so it's worth getting an account there as well. You can then shop for the best lines between the two sites.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
read this morning that Reed is leaning towards Joseph starting the next game.

Hervey should fire Reed for that alone. since Hervey came out and said he is doing a rebuild, why is a 40 year old man starting as QB. He should NEVER be on the field, not even to hold for kicks.

stupid buddy system of the esks. always keeping or promoting inferior people in coaching and management.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Hervey should fire Reed for that alone. since Hervey came out and said he is doing a rebuild, why is a 40 year old man starting as QB. He should NEVER be on the field, not even to hold for kicks.

stupid buddy system of the esks. always keeping or promoting inferior people in coaching and management.

What is this a public service announcement so we can all stay home and avoid the next debacle?

lol at this org. Just when things couldn't get stranger another inexplicable Reed lovefest for Joseph.

Why not start Crompton? I think any other team would.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010

Yup, if this seasons results werent enough to get him fired the fact he keeps going back to Joseph should do it.

Are they worried if they start Crompton that Ottawa will pick him up? Seriously doubt that happens, they have enough other options.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton

Of course Reed is. Would you or anybody else expect anything to the contrary?

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
67888757.png

8881276.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED 4m
Mike Reilly taking the first team reps in the walk through portion of practice this morning. #Eskimos #CFL #yeg

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
stupid esks. you're not making the playoffs. rest your injured QB and make sure he remains healthy going forward! Is one week really going to matter?

they just don't get it.

just a ridiculous decision to potentially hurt your QB for the long term on a game that doesn't mean anything to the team... reilly is one of the only good things to come out of this season, and the team is going to risk that on a meaningless game? only the eskimos could be this daft

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Just watch Reed start Joseph, but still dress Reilly as the clip board holder. Then Joseph struggles, he throws in Reilly, who then gets popped and concussed again. It's the dumbest possible scenario I can think of, and therefore the most likely.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Kerry Joseph = Ryan Smyth

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I hear Reilly is feeling better, that's good to hear, hopefully he's not rushed back since this is another lost season and he's already progressed a ton.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I 100% understand why the Eskimos and Reilly both will have Reilly in action this week, but this goes beyond that. It needs to be a CFL thing. You have any concussion symptoms, min one week on the IR. Football is a highly active sport and we all know that concussions linger and players lie.

Need a league mandate on this.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
just a ridiculous decision to potentially hurt your QB for the long term on a game that doesn't mean anything to the team... reilly is one of the only good things to come out of this season, and the team is going to risk that on a meaningless game? only the eskimos could be this daft

makes you wonder what they are thinking when this seems to be a topic that the we as fans all actually agree on. that doesn't happen often.

I normally wants the esks to put the best team on the field in order to win, but not this time. Even if he seems fine and passes the tests, I really wish they would keep Reilly out for one more week.

I know they won't, but I wish they would.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
People use the words bush league quite liberally, but I think this organization is going a fair ways to defining it.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED 4m
Mike Reilly taking the first team reps in the walk through portion of practice this morning. #Eskimos #CFL #yeg

Reed needs to try to save his job. He doesn't give two craps if he puts this guy in harm's way and risks his career. It isn't like he's risking his BFF Joseph or anything.

Just watch Reed start Joseph, but still dress Reilly as the clip board holder. Then Joseph struggles, he throws in Reilly, who then gets popped and concussed again. It's the dumbest possible scenario I can think of, and therefore the most likely.

That sounds like something the Eskimos would do. If an idiotic decision can be made, it isn't just possible the Eskies choose that one, it's probable.

I really hope that if Hervey is serious about keeping Reed around next year that the season ticket sales plummet. That is the only thing that sports franchises seem to understand.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Reed:

"When you look at the big picture the big picture is that this franchise is not out of contention yet."

Apparently this is Reeds big picture..

post-36275-0-98782500-1348211965.jpeg

Can this season just end already?

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
one of the best things the league could do is to get rid of the separate divisions.
it's a 9 team league. have one division where the top 6 get to have playoffs.
simple.

In the Edmonton sun, Gerry Moddejonge also asks if Reilly should really be playing this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad