Elks: Official Eskimos thread meet Devon Bailey Eskimo Latest draft pick

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Dave Campbell and Chris O'Leary are pissing me off by continuously using the term "rebuild".

The sentiment is the correct one (Crompton should be starting) but that term..... UGGGGGGGGGH.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This team sucks and it just got worse.

EDIT: Oh, and the Allouettes won. That should smash any delusions of a playoff spot.

Last edited:

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
This team sucks and it just got worse.

EDIT: Oh, and the Allouettes won. That should smash any delusions of a playoff spot.

It's a big blow, there's no doubt about that.

Eskimos should start Crompton against the Als next week, so people will get their wish.

On another note, the game today should also smash any delusions Riders fans have about their season ending with a Grey Cup appearance on home field.

Darian Durant is b-r-u-t-a-l. The guy must have one-hopped 7 short passes to wide open receivers today. Dressler was getting visibly pissed.

Kerry Joseph is a more accurate passer.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Durant sucks. He's the most overrated "superstar" in this league and has been for a long, long time.

I doubt anyone outside of Gopher Land ever thought he was a superstar. He's never even been a star. He's a pretty good journeyman QB who shows flashes of good.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Soon this will all be over for another season.

And we can look forward to some more 12-6 predictions regardless of who the players or coaches are.

Hope springs eternal.

thinlizzy

Mar 9, 2013
Should not have given up such a lead and tanked it. No excuse period. Some coaching staff need to be given their walking papers either now or at the end of the season. Epic fail.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly I don't have an issue with Joseph the other day. He did enough to get us a good lead. I don't know that Crompton would've been able to do that.

Here's issue 1 of 2 for me with the media. 1, if this is a rebuild which most of us here don't agree with then why the hell is Joseph playing?

Issue 2, I missed the first part when Reilly got hurt, but my god do people ***** about concussions. How can you complain about concussion testing by teams, when concussions themselves aren't black and white. If we were to actually take care of each player on the field for concussions there would be a delay after every whistle to make sure no one blacked out quickly or banged their head. Maybe the Reilly one was plain as day I don't know, but every time we hear about a team playing a player after a hit we have this conversation. The way Reilly has been hit this year he should've been pulled a lot for concussion protocol, so why no *****ing until now? Oh that's right you couldn't because you didn't know he was 100% hurt before or not and it wouldn't have backed your story.

Side note, ouch to the golden bears defense. 76 points or something, 10 td, 800 yards allowed or so.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Honestly I don't have an issue with Joseph the other day. He did enough to get us a good lead. I don't know that Crompton would've been able to do that.

Here's issue 1 of 2 for me with the media. 1, if this is a rebuild which most of us here don't agree with then why the hell is Joseph playing?

Issue 2, I missed the first part when Reilly got hurt, but my god do people ***** about concussions. How can you complain about concussion testing by teams, when concussions themselves aren't black and white. If we were to actually take care of each player on the field for concussions there would be a delay after every whistle to make sure no one blacked out quickly or banged their head. Maybe the Reilly one was plain as day I don't know, but every time we hear about a team playing a player after a hit we have this conversation. The way Reilly has been hit this year he should've been pulled a lot for concussion protocol, so why no *****ing until now? Oh that's right you couldn't because you didn't know he was 100% hurt before or not and it wouldn't have backed your story.

Side note, ouch to the golden bears defense. 76 points or something, 10 td, 800 yards allowed or so.

curious why you would comment about something you didn't see.... but anyway, yes, reilly's concussion couldn't have been more obvious.... watch the highlights, i'm sure they are still on TSN still, and you will agree

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
curious why you would comment about something you didn't see.... but anyway, yes, reilly's concussion couldn't have been more obvious.... watch the highlights, i'm sure they are still on TSN still, and you will agree

It's concussions in general that's why. Fraser was complaining about a team putting a potential concussed player back in yet it has happened all year. Anyone really think this is the first time he's actually had an issue?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Joseph may have had a decent 1/4 to get us a lead, especially with a defence that was all over the Argos. But this is the CFL, and touchdowns can come quickly. There was still an entire 1/2 of football to be played, and as well as he played in the first half, he gave it all back and then some in the 2nd half. Turning the ball over consistently absolutely killed the team, and resulted in 21 points on it's own, not to mention not moving it at all, and allowing the Argo offence to stay on the field most of the 2nd half. The Argos knew he couldn't throw a decent deep ball, and then proceeded to shut down everything else. Not going to blame Joseph entirely, because he is what he is, but as a coach, when you see all your options being taken away, I think a change in player needed to happen. It was pretty obvious to everyone that viewed it, that the game was getting away on them by the time the 4th quarter started.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

1) Kerry jospeh has been a turnover machine since he has been here. He did it last year and it was a given he would do it this game. He sucks and his odd nice run doesn't make up for the ghastly turnovers that cost you games.

2) Reilly was clearly knocked senseless after the hit, he was blinking, he was stumbling and he was glassy eyed. This was not some thing where he popped right back up and looked normal. It was a disgrace that his team mates, the trainers or even people in the booth watching on tv did not get him out of there after that hit. It was as obvious as you can get that he was in trouble.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It's concussions in general that's why. Fraser was complaining about a team putting a potential concussed player back in yet it has happened all year. Anyone really think this is the first time he's actually had an issue?

That is irreverent. This time it was obvious as can be that he had been knocked silly. There is no excuse for him being back in for the next play.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Joseph may have had a decent 1/4 to get us a lead, especially with a defence that was all over the Argos. But this is the CFL, and touchdowns can come quickly. There was still an entire 1/2 of football to be played, and as well as he played in the first half, he gave it all back and then some in the 2nd half. Turning the ball over consistently absolutely killed the team, and resulted in 21 points on it's own, not to mention not moving it at all, and allowing the Argo offence to stay on the field most of the 2nd half. The Argos knew he couldn't throw a decent deep ball, and then proceeded to shut down everything else. Not going to blame Joseph entirely, because he is what he is, but as a coach, when you see all your options being taken away, I think a change in player needed to happen. It was pretty obvious to everyone that viewed it, that the game was getting away on them by the time the 4th quarter started.

I just don't know that Crompton would've gotten that lead anyway. The whole thing is confusing, you are rebuilding then Crompton should've been in anyway.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
1) Kerry jospeh has been a turnover machine since he has been here. He did it last year and it was a given he would do it this game. He sucks and his odd nice run doesn't make up for the ghastly turnovers that cost you games.

2) Reilly was clearly knocked senseless after the hit, he was blinking, he was stumbling and he was glassy eyed. This was not some thing where he popped right back up and looked normal. It was a disgrace that his team mates, the trainers or even people in the booth watching on tv did not get him out of there after that hit. It was as obvious as you can get that he was in trouble.

Fair enough. Although I do think Reilly has had a few times the past few weeks where he was hit hard and barely got up. Neither or there at this point I guess.

I just wonder if he's had a mild concussion all along, Jarret Stoll style.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Interesting when the Riders were 8-1, no said a negative thing about Durant, and now that they've gone into a tailspin, there is a lot of piling on.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Durant is what he is. Good enough that you're never really thinking about replacing him, but turns the ball over too often to be considered a star QB. Kind of a slightly better Nealon Greene, or Kerry Joseph as Beerfish mentioned above.

Saskatchewan has done a very good job of surrounding him with the pieces to succeed. Good running game, good crop of receivers that run high-percentage underneath routes well and pick up YACs. Chris Getzlaf is the perfect receiver for a guy like Durant.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
So I take it no fine for the dude who concussed our quarterback?

It's the cfl dude. These things take time. Why is there no talk of a suspension? Or do they not even do that in the CFL anymore. If it was the NFL the guy would have been tossed and suspended by now.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
Interesting when the Riders were 8-1, no said a negative thing about Durant, and now that they've gone into a tailspin, there is a lot of piling on.

Well, I lost money on my bet365 ticket picking Saskatchewan to beat Montreal on Sunday. The Riders should have won the game by all accounts and by my eye as well - except for the abysmal performance of Darian Durant.

It makes me feel better knowing his lousy passing is going to cost Saskatchewan a home playoff game and an appearance in the Grey Cup - no doubt worth millions to the team.

Somebody in Saskatchewan should tell Durant there's no such thing as a bounce pass in football. :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Well, I lost money on my bet365 ticket picking Saskatchewan to beat Montreal on Sunday. The Riders should have won the game by all accounts and by my eye as well - except for the abysmal performance of Darian Durant.

It makes me feel better knowing his lousy passing is going to cost Saskatchewan a home playoff game and an appearance in the Grey Cup - no doubt worth millions to the team.

Somebody in Saskatchewan should tell Durant there's no such thing as a bounce pass in football. :laugh:

Riders also had a 1st down on Als 3 yd line and came away with zero pts. 3 running plays in a row stuffed. Turned out to be the margin of victory for the Als.

Riders can still turn things around but Leos and Stamps playing with more verve. Bighill makes the Lions D a whole different thing. What an impact.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Chris O'Leary just tweeted that Reilly won't practice tomorrow but he'll be reevaluated. He says that Mike hasn't be ruled out for this weekend's game (yet).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad