Elks: Official Eskimos thread meet Devon Bailey Eskimo Latest draft pick

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Take a bow Kavis, blow kisses to the crowd, roses are flying in from the stands. This was a true masterpiece. The crowd wants an encore!

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
It's just so sad.

Up by 21 and I quit watching because I JUST KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN.

Coaching is beyond unbelievable and yet they just keep on ticking. They should be ashamed.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'm still furious with the Eskimos for not getting Reilly out of the game right after the hit, td pass not withstanding. He was glassy eyed and wobbling around. A total disgrace that team mates or esks coaches in the booth or whatever did not at least take a knee and get him off.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm still furious with the Eskimos for not getting Reilly out of the game right after the hit, td pass not withstanding. He was glassy eyed and wobbling around. A total disgrace that team mates or esks coaches in the booth or whatever did not at least take a knee and get him off.

yep, really shows how low-class the esks are for allowing reilly to stay in the game... a complete disgrace that could have resulted in a young man having *serious* damage done to his brain... inexcusable

as far as the game goes, this is yet another loss that you can pin DIRECTLY on reed, and his infatuation with old-man-joseph.... why, exactly, was joseph put in when he has been the 3rd string all season?

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Joseph was put in because apparently the backups didnt get many quality reps practicing this week for the argo defense. Because of this, Reed says he decided to go with his veteran, and best friend, Kerry Joseph.

Joseph was bad but you have to equally blame the play calling. They inexplicably went with the long ball time and time again when everyone could see joseph wasnt able to affectively throw it. Concentrate on the running game and short passes and we are talking about a win today.

koeltrain

Oct 27, 2005
E-town
I went to watch my only home game (live) on the first game of the season. I haven't been back since and I won't go back until Kavis and the coaching staff is fired. This is worse coaching than watching Canadian high school football. The US high school teams could probably beat the Eskimos.

What a disgrace of a season. The only saving grace from last night is I hope coaching is replaced.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
haven't read any of the esks thread yet from last nights game, but I will.

was at the game and my quick opinion about giving up 33 unanswered second half points is this:
Reed and the coaching staff are useless and should be fired.

Hervey, if you think this coaching staff can lead the team to championships, you are clueless and a fool.

it was awful to watch that game Why put old man joesph in? he is not the future of the team. Crompton should have been the QB in the second half.

also, I would love to know the directives given to the scoreboard operator. As always, there was a severe lack of replays. Just one example. First half, reilly throws an interception but there was a flag on the play. facemaking. I would have loved to watched a replay. no such luck. and it was like that all game.

I thought the refs called a pretty decent game.
Toronto seems to base their defense on late hits and dirty play. The refs were on top of it last night. I think toronto got 5 unnecessary roughness calls against them.

but when it comes down to it, the esks gave the game to Toronto. thanks Reed. thanks Joseph.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Typical Eskimo game by Reed and co. Puts in a game plan that there is no way his quarterback is able to perform. Team is completely undisciplined and takes a raft of penalties. Refuses to play the QB understudy and instead sinks his ship with his buddy Joseph. Tackling is pathetic. Non-existent run game. Unable to adjust at half-time. Sends out 11 guys on the punt team and is penalized. Even Fred Stamps looks like he's given up. Now I'm hoping they lose to Montreal so we can quit hearing this ******** about how tight the team is and how they are just one win away from taking off.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Joseph was put in because apparently the backups didnt get many quality reps practicing this week for the argo defense. Because of this, Reed says he decided to go with his veteran, and best friend, Kerry Joseph.

Joseph was bad but you have to equally blame the play calling. They inexplicably went with the long ball time and time again when everyone could see joseph wasnt able to affectively throw it. Concentrate on the running game and short passes and we are talking about a win today.

If Joseph is your 3rd stringer, then Crompton should have been the one to go in. And if Joseph can't throw the long ball, the Argos know this and aren't stupid. They did what they did, shut down the short game and run and let Joseph muck up the long ball. No respect given and none deserved. At least with Crompton in, you have the threat of a long ball completion. The throw to Coehorn, who was about 25 yards behind the defence due to blown coverage, was about as bad a pass as I have ever seen.

Reed got what he deserved based on his decision

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Dave Campbell kept saying on the post game that Reed made the right call by playing Joseph over Crompton. Really? We blew a 21 point lead, Joseph was useless, we never scored one point in the 2nd half and lost the game. I know we now have the benefit of hindsight at this point, but for someone to know that and still say it was the right decision is beyond stupid.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If Joseph is your 3rd stringer, then Crompton should have been the one to go in. And if Joseph can't throw the long ball, the Argos know this and aren't stupid. They did what they did, shut down the short game and run and let Joseph muck up the long ball. No respect given and none deserved. At least with Crompton in, you have the threat of a long ball completion. The throw to Coehorn, who was about 25 yards behind the defence due to blown coverage, was about as bad a pass as I have ever seen.

Reed got what he deserved based on his decision

agreed.... joseph was an abomination, and the blame for that lies squarely on reed's shoulders.... easily the 3rd (maybe 4th) game of the year where our head coach has personally cost us a win

how this CLOWN could ever be brought back after this year is beyond me.... surely to god hervey isn't this stupid?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
It's just so sad.

Up by 21 and I quit watching because I JUST KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN.

Coaching is beyond unbelievable and yet they just keep on ticking. They should be ashamed.

:laugh:

My wife turns to me when we're up by 21 and says "Wow, we're going to win this one!". I replied "NOPE". That's not how the CFL works, that's not how the officiating works, and that's not how this coaching staff works. We'd have had a better chance being down by 21 right after the half.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
:laugh:

My wife turns to me when we're up by 21 and says "Wow, we're going to win this one!". I replied "NOPE". That's not how the CFL works, that's not how the officiating works, and that's not how this coaching staff works. We'd have had a better chance being down by 21 right after the half.

Based on the play calling, I think the coaches thought we were done by 21.

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
In addition to the critism leveled at Reed and Joseph, Sams and Marshall....where the heck were our linebackers this game? Sherrit, Munoz, and Hill were invisible. Worst game I have ever seen from an Eskimo's linebacking core...absolutely weak and inexcuseable.

On the plus side, Howard was a beast. Hinds and the rest of the secondary had a decent game. White has potential, if he could get more than 10 touches a game. Oline showed some battle, but unfortunately only modest results.

Can't wait for the season to be over. Hope Reilly is ok.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
Why are these guys? Why do they suck so much? There are competent football people all over America who are working as bouncers and driving taxis because they can't get jobs in the NFL. Why don't we hire some of them and get rid of these clowns?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
In addition to the critism leveled at Reed and Joseph, Sams and Marshall....where the heck were our linebackers this game? Sherrit, Munoz, and Hill were invisible. Worst game I have ever seen from an Eskimo's linebacking core...absolutely weak and inexcuseable.

On the plus side, Howard was a beast. Hinds and the rest of the secondary had a decent game. White has potential, if he could get more than 10 touches a game. Oline showed some battle, but unfortunately only modest results.

Good points all.

Sherritt, in particular, continues to waive at people as they go by. And that's when he hasn't over-run the play. Would like to give him benefit of the doubt due to his finger, but just wasn't very good before the injury either.

Howard has been beasting it, no doubt. He mentioned he was suffering from a toe injury earlier in the season, but he's fine now, so that would explain a lot. Willis has been fine lately too. The other guy, Brandon Lang, is absolutely useless though and a waste of a roster spot.

I saw some decent play by the defensive backfield for the first time in a long time. Getting #15 out of there(injury induced as it was) was a big positive change by itself.

Grant Shaw continue to show he is the worst punter in the league. The guy has no clue how to kick a directional punt. Most kickers can angle it out on of the sideline, but he either kicks it through the end zone or short kicks it on a muff. And this is what we have to show for Ricky Ray.

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
Nobody on the field this season has been put in a position to succeed. Reilly has been man-handled all year. The back ups don't have their **** together. Hervey should not have guaranteed Reed his job.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Dave Campbell kept saying on the post game that Reed made the right call by playing Joseph over Crompton. Really? We blew a 21 point lead, Joseph was useless, we never scored one point in the 2nd half and lost the game. I know we now have the benefit of hindsight at this point, but for someone to know that and still say it was the right decision is beyond stupid.

Just forget Dave Campbell. As far as I'm concerned, he's the Dan Tencer of eskie-land.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just forget Dave Campbell. As far as I'm concerned, he's the Dan Tencer of eskie-land.

I would to forget him, but I like to listen to post game shows to her reaction from players, fans, coaches, etc.., and he always is in the way.

It's ironic how our sports announcers these days seem to mirror the ineptitude and incompetence of our sports teams.

I'm not sure there has ever been a worse quartet of PBP and colour guys than Michaels, Stauffer, Scott and Campbell.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

On the plus side, Howard was a beast. Hinds and the rest of the secondary had a decent game.
White has potential, if he could get more than 10 touches a game. Oline showed some battle, but unfortunately only modest results.

Not sure I agree with all this. The secondary was damn good, easily the best game of the year. Argos only managed 150yds passing and Collaros was redhot coming into this game. Kackert had a big game but he mismatches against a lot of CFL linebackers. This isn't the NFL. Kackert just runs people over in some instances and not only in this game. In CFL speed and cover ground is the essence so LB's have to be quick to ball because of wide field.
You're never going to shutdown a steam train like Kackert. All in all this loss wasn't on the D. The argos scored 21pts off of turnovers. Clearly the turnovers cost us the game and no other way to look at it.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Chris O'Leary ‏@olearychris 4m
#Eskimos announce Mike Reilly has a concussion. No timetable mentioned for a return. Once symptom-free, he'll follow return-to-play protocol

I'll bet that this lingers for a long time. Meanwhile the Argos move forward with no repercussions or punishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad