Proposal: Official Dallas Stars Should Clean House Thread

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Just hope they buy out spezza , hanzal and replace them with hintz and Robertson or guryanov . Bringing them and miro up will free up enough cap space to bring in a good winger or another goalie .

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
I believe that some people on here are freaking out “me also”

Benn-Seguin-Radulov is one of the best first lines in the NHL

I also believe that a line of ...

Janmark-Faska-Pitlick could be one of the better third lines in the nhl

If we can fix the secound line then we would be more then okay ....

Dickinson-Nuke I believe could be 2 of the 3 pieces but for this to work than we need a proven player as a third piece

Between Dickinson’s playmaking downlow and Nukes size game the third player needs to be a shotter with size = JVR

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I believe that some people on here are freaking out “me also”

Benn-Seguin-Radulov is one of the best first lines in the NHL

I also believe that a line of ...

Janmark-Faska-Pitlick could be one of the better third lines in the nhl

If we can fix the secound line then we would be more then okay ....

Dickinson-Nuke I believe could be 2 of the 3 pieces but for this to work than we need a proven player as a third piece

Between Dickinson’s playmaking downlow and Nukes size game the third player needs to be a shotter with size = JVR

Dickinson doesn't do anything for me in the NHL. He honestly hasn't impressed me once with the Stars, and I was a big fan of the pick back in 2013.

Yet you think there's reason to believe Dickinson (hardly cutting it in the NHL right now) and Nichushkin (mediocre numbers in the KHL this year and last) could be on the 2nd line. I guess that could work if we're hoping for another lottery pick.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Dickinson doesn't do anything for me in the NHL. He honestly hasn't impressed me once with the Stars, and I was a big fan of the pick back in 2013.

Yet you think there's reason to believe Dickinson (hardly cutting it in the NHL right now) and Nichushkin (mediocre numbers in the KHL this year and last) could be on the 2nd line. I guess that could work if we're hoping for another lottery pick.
Dickinson hasn’t really gotten a chance and has only plated with scrubs. Nukes game fits hitch hockey perfectly. Put you’re head down and drive the net.
I really think those 2 and JVR would work but I could be wrong

Reactions: Kcb12345

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
If Dickinson can’t be a secound line center then we are screwed .....

Can’t compete in the nhl without a center and they are very hard to find

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
E. Kane - Seguin - Radulov
Benn - Bozak - Shore
Janmark - Faksa - Ritchie
Pitlick - Hanzal - Spezza

My dream lines for next year.

we have >17M in cap space assuming it doesn't increase.

idk if its cap friendly tho

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
It’s hard to judge guys like Dickinson because he’s a playmaker / goal scorer but gets called up to play bottom 6 minutes . If benn was playing 10 mins a game with elie and ritchie with no powerplay time he wouldn’t have to many points either .Guys like him should stay in the ahl unless there prepared to play him in the top 6 . Your bottom 6 should be mostly veteran guys with an elie or a pitlick mixed in there who Just need to keep the puck in the other teams end of the ice .

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
E. Kane - Seguin - Radulov
Benn - Bozak - Shore
Janmark - Faksa - Ritchie
Pitlick - Hanzal - Spezza

My dream lines for next year.

we have >17M in cap space assuming it doesn't increase.

idk if its cap friendly tho

I think we've probably seen the best of Bozak in the NHL so unless it's a cheap/short contract it may not be worth it. Kane is interesting but going strictly by cap hit I might look at Mike Hoffman first, though he would cost assets unlike Kane. But Hoffman is the better player. Mark Stone would also be nice but his price won't be cheap.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Assuming Lehtonen is the only UFA re-signed and Nichushkin comes back the roster might look like:

Benn (9.5) - Seguin (5.75) - Radulov (6.25)
Janmark (RFA) - Faksa (2.2) - Nichushkin (RFA)
Elie (RFA) - Spezza (7.5) - Pitlick (1)
Shore (RFA) - Hanzal (4.75) - Ritchie (1.75)
Hitz (.811) - Smith (RFA) - Gurianov (.89) - Dickinson ()

Lindell (2.2) - Klingberg (4.25)
Methot (4.9) - Johns (RFA)
Heiskanen (.925) - Honka (.86)
Heatherington (RFA) - Bayreuther (.925)

Bishop (4.91)
Lehtonen (UFA)
Niemi buyout (1.5)

• I don't feel like Spezza/Hanzal will bounce back in a meaningful way
  • I love Faksa but would ideally like to see him pushed down to 3C with PP/PK time
  • Tavares pls
  • I'd almost rather Benn, Seguin, Radulov just each get their own line but play together on the PP (have 3 equal quality scoring lines and a 4th line)
  • I think there is quality pieces in the bottom 6, but they aren't utilized well/ fit the current system
  • The D really hinges on how well Heiskanen adjusts
  • I can't see them going into next year without signing another vet D, especially with Methot's injuries
  • I'm fine with the goalies for now, but hopefully one of Oettinger/Point is signed and takes the reigns for Texas

While I agree these are likely the lines, If you swap Spezza and Faksa around and get a different coach who runs a more modern system I think you get a boat load more out of Spezza and the lines at that point dont look nearly as bad.

Also I doubt Heiskanen-Honka will be athings to start. I think it will be more of Methot-Honka Heiskanen-Johns. Cant see a coach playing a Rookie with a sophmore who had very limited rookie time and if Hitch is still the coach next year then Honka is the 7th D again

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
While I agree these are likely the lines, If you swap Spezza and Faksa around and get a different coach who runs a more modern system I think you get a boat load more out of Spezza and the lines at that point dont look nearly as bad.

Also I doubt Heiskanen-Honka will be athings to start. I think it will be more of Methot-Honka Heiskanen-Johns. Cant see a coach playing a Rookie with a sophmore who had very limited rookie time and if Hitch is still the coach next year then Honka is the 7th D again

I agree I just kind of threw those names up as who seemed like they had the most impact this year higher up, and trying to keep expectations low for Heisk. I have huge concerns that Spezza just won't be able to reach a higher level with the continuous back problems ontop of a really down year under Hitch.

If it was my choice I would love to run the lines as:

Janmark-Seguin-Pitlick
Elie-Faksa-Radulov
Benn-Spezza-Nichushkin
Dickinson-Hanzal/Smith-Shore
Ritchie

Lindell-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Johns
Methot-Honka
Heatherington

Bishop
Lehtonen

Those forward lines seem like all have a combination of speed, skill, and two way play and would be tough to matchup against. Of course would love if could upgrade Elie on the 2nd line with someone like Nyqvist and if Spezza doesn't bounce back our centre quality is definitely lacking (especially combined with Hanzal's injury issues).

I definitely agree with you that a new coach could solve a lot of problems for this team as there is quality pieces for a proper system.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I think we've probably seen the best of Bozak in the NHL so unless it's a cheap/short contract it may not be worth it. Kane is interesting but going strictly by cap hit I might look at Mike Hoffman first, though he would cost assets unlike Kane. But Hoffman is the better player. Mark Stone would also be nice but his price won't be cheap.

My dude check the best power play producers in the league this year if you look at expected goals and shot generation: Tyler Bozak ranks amongst them all. His shooting percentage is at a career low. We have no centers in our pipeline. It's a match made in heaven.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Fair enough, but I wouldn't want to dump too much term/money on him since he's on the wrong side of 30. 5x5 wouldn't be horrible I suppose, but I dunno if that would get it done.

northstars

May 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
I would like to sign JVR in free agency

JVR-Dickinson-Nuke
Janmark-Faska-Pitlick
Shore-Handzell-Ellie

I would hope for the following....
Benn-Seguin-Nuke
JVR-Dickinson-Radulov
Janmark-Faska-Grabner
Shore-Smith-Pitlick

Dickinson and Janmark postions could be swapped.

Hanzal retire and/or long term injured list
Spezza buyout.
Oh, and of course a new head coach!!

If these things happen I believe Stars would have one of the deepest forward groups in the NHL!!

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Fair enough, but I wouldn't want to dump too much term/money on him since he's on the wrong side of 30. 5x5 wouldn't be horrible I suppose, but I dunno if that would get it done.

I don’t think there’s gonna be any teams lining up to give bozak 5 yrs

He’s a prime candidate for a hanzal deal

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
the Nuke worship on here will never not make me laugh and cringe. never has one man proven so little and been counted on for so much.

seriously guys... the adage, 'you're never as bad as your worst day and never as good as your best,' is true. you all keep clinging to those few bright sparks thinking he can make it consistent.. it's just hopes and dreams. friggin jesus lessard only worse.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Involve shore, Ritchie and Dickinson in a trade for Hoffman while taking on bobby Ryan’s contract , buy out spezza , hanzal , methot . Lose hamhuis , pateryn, lehtonen ?
Bring up bayreuther , hintz to add entry level contracts as well as getting them nhl experience with good players around them ? Point could be better than lehtonen already and would help save some cap too . I wonder if this is possible .

Benn -seguin -Ryan
Hoffman-hintz-radulov
Janmark -faksa- nuke
Elie - smith - pitlick

Heiskanen - klingberg
Lindell - honka
Bayreuther -johns
heatherington

Bishop
Point

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Involve shore, Ritchie and Dickinson in a trade for Hoffman while taking on bobby Ryan’s contract , buy out spezza , hanzal , methot . Lose hamhuis , pateryn, lehtonen ?
Bring up bayreuther , hintz to add entry level contracts as well as getting them nhl experience with good players around them ? Point could be better than lehtonen already and would help save some cap too . I wonder if this is possible .

Benn -seguin -Ryan
Hoffman-hintz-radulov
Janmark -faksa- nuke
Elie - smith - pitlick

Heiskanen - klingberg
Lindell - honka
Bayreuther -johns
heatherington

Bishop
Point

this is so f***ed lol

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
this is so ****ed lol
What abouts it’s f***ed ? And just for the record I’m not suggesting they do exactly this but definately would like to see them add 2 solid wingers . The only way they do that is by getting rid of some big contracts and replacing them with entry levels.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
What abouts it’s ****ed ? And just for the record I’m not suggesting they do exactly this but definately would like to see them add 2 solid wingers . The only way they do that is by getting rid of some big contracts and replacing them with entry levels.
A team can't buy out an injured player's contract without the player's permission, so that's one potential huge problem affecting all three of your buyout options. Spezza and Hanzal have NMCs, so theoretically they could agree to the buyout since they won't have to clear waivers (unless they want to go through waivers, which is probably unlikely). Methot however would have to clear waivers, which he probably won't, which means he probably won't agree to a buyout because I strongly doubt he wants to end up at whichever teams picks him up with no say in the matter since he does have a 10 team NTC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad