Proposal: Official Dallas Stars Should Clean House Thread

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
He took us to the Western Conference Finals with David Backes as our #1 center and Brian Elliott in net. That's not the ultimate goal but we never had the team to go further. We always lacked a top center and goalie.

You guys can win with Hitchcock. You've got the top end talent in Seguin, Benn, Radulov, Klingberg, and Bishop. You just need to add depth.

I really think Hitch's goal this year was to focus 100% on improving your atrocious defensive play from a year ago. He did exactly that and he did the same in STL in year one. He installed a defensive mindset right away and it led to much cleaner hockey and a chance to win every night.

I would suggest giving him another year to build on that. I expect that he'll allow guys to play a bit more freely now that they have an understanding of how to play a 200 foot game.

This is just my opinion based on observing him come to St. Louis and do the exact same thing.
So why do you think he’s not in st.louis anymore ?

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
So why do you think he’s not in st.louis anymore ?

Same reason most quality coaches get fired. It's the easy fix.

We fired Joel Quenneville, too. He did ok with the Blackhawks with an elite roster.

It's all about the roster. Coach Q's best STL team had Roman Turek in net. There's a reason we lost in the 1st round as the President's Trophy winner.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Same reason most quality coaches get fired. It's the easy fix.

We fired Joel Quenneville, too. He did ok with the Blackhawks with an elite roster.

It's all about the roster. Coach Q's best STL team had Roman Turek in net. There's a reason we lost in the 1st round as the President's Trophy winner.
Idk , I think it it has more to do with him wanting players to play a certain way , when alot of the players know how to play todays game better than hitch does , making them not believe in what there trying to do when there out there . He’s had the luxury of having a stacked team almost everywhere he’s been and has gotten too much credit for his success . All of dallas success early on in the year was because they had bishop hanzal and methot in the lineup . He doesn’t know how to coach young players . He even said himself he doesn’t feel it’s his responsibility to develop guys like honka .

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
You twice referred to Hitch's physical appearance. How sad.

You really don't deserve a legitimate retort, though, one could easily be made.

Take Hitch back in St. Louis.

Btw, I can say anything I like. Sorry it struck a nerve. But, we need better folks in place that will set a better example and vision.

That's bottom line. Period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad