[Official] Around the NHL 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
I predict McDavid will be one of the most hated players in the NHL. Virtually all the fans in the pacific division will hate his guts, more than the Rangers and Flyers hate Crosby.

We will all be united in our hate.

It's sad, but it's true.

They won't hate him b/c of the why he plays, or due to his off-ice persona. They will hate him b/c he is an Oiler.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
I love this. Guys seeing the Flames play against the Oilers in the 80's is what made me a hockey fan. Think of the future games were going to see for the next 10-15 years. Monahan, Bennett, Gaudreau against McDavid, RNH, Hall, Yak. Honestly the rivalry we're going to have against these guys and hopefully in the playoffs is going to be unreal. I can't wait to hate them again instead making fun of them.

This is all positive to me, it's going to make our guys better in the process.

:clap:

+1

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
"The Oilers have won the draft lottery."

ylNSYfW.gif

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Honestly, pretty excited for the next 10 years. We have the capability of turning into the Blackhawks of 3 years ago, with our own Toews and Kane light plus Bennett while the Oilers have a Penguins of 5 years ago look to their team, minus any sort of defending whatsoever.

It's going to be a really good BOA.

Aug 21, 2014
Honestly, pretty excited for the next 10 years. We have the capability of turning into the Blackhawks of 3 years ago, with our own Toews and Kane light plus Bennett while the Oilers have a Penguins of 5 years ago look to their team, minus any sort of defending whatsoever.

It's going to be a really good BOA.

So you're telling me multiple cups? And playoff choking :naughty:

May 27, 2012
Earth
Well in that case. Edmonton should move one of Hal/Ebele or Yak. Myave Leon or Nuge. If they keep Nuge or Draisatl their Centre depth would be better than ours.

McDavid
Nuge
Draisatl

Monahan/Bennett
Bennett/Monahan
Backlund

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Seriously, the Oilers should deal RNH for Jones, but they won't. Meaning Leon is going to be a 3rd liner, playing with scrubs because they won't have enough cap to give him quality wingers.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
This is sickening... But hey, the Oilers didn't tank. That's why I am fine with it. AZ and Buffalo tanked, this is what they deserve.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Seriously, the Oilers should deal RNH for Jones, but they won't. Meaning Leon is going to be a 3rd liner, playing with scrubs because they won't have enough cap to give him quality wingers.

No they should trade Leon. Not RNH. RNH is already a legit top 6 center, What if Leon never reaches that peak? Leon is talented, and its a year since he's been drafted, he still has tons of value. Not as much as RNH, but enough to get a solid defensive upgrade or prospect. McDavid and RNH is too good of a double whammy at center to pass up.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Isn't this basically an admission of tanking?

Edit: I see, not winning the lottery. I guess that's what it comes to when you're on the outside looking in...

Well, like I said to Janko Unchained over Facebook, let the Oilers have their lottery picks and their draft parties. Meanwhile down the QEII, we're gonna be busy trying to win the Stanley Cup. You know, the award that hockey is really all about.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
No they should trade Leon. Not RNH. RNH is already a legit top 6 center, What if Leon never reaches that peak? Leon is talented, and its a year since he's been drafted, he still has tons of value. Not as much as RNH, but enough to get a solid defensive upgrade or prospect. McDavid and RNH is too good of a double whammy at center to pass up.

I agree that Draisaitl now looks like an eligible candidate to be moved in a package for D, oddly enough.. although Oil fans are suggesting he could be moved to the wing.

Leon-McDavid-Eberle
Hall-RNH-Yakupov

That actually looks right dangerous, on paper anyways.

EDIT: But at the end of the day, its help on defense that they really need.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
At least Edmonton tried to win and beat LA for us. I'm just glad Buffalo didn't win it. Battle of Alberta is back for many years to come now.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What is Leon going to get you though, Hayden Fleury? The Oilers need to make the playoffs next year, to do so if you move RNH you're guaranteed to get another elite piece to fill a hole. Trading Leon will not bring them any help for 2-3 seasons. Plus Leon has the size the Oilers need.

I dunno, keeping RNH is a good move, but they really need a top pairing stud on that backend that can play now.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
They need to move their 2016 First for help now if they can. Not much more a high pick can do again need at least a prospect with a couple years under his belt

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I'm saying they need to look at moving their 2016 first. If you can package that and Leon for a legit defender you need to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad