[Official] Around the NHL 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
So basically we got a guy who is apparently better than stamkos, and compared to Crosby in Edmonton.

I think it's great. You can bet on Babcock going there now too.

Good motivation for our kids

Doubt Babcock would even consider it unless he was made GM and coach, similar to Roy in Colorado. And I can't see Lowe or Mactavish giving up the reigns just yet.

But this could, in theory, make the Oilers at least somewhat competitive. That whould ensure the Flames strive for greater heights as well. And who knows, maybe even the battle of Alberta becomes a thing again.

:laugh: First thing on Cherry's segments; Ron MacLean goes 'I just feel bad for McDavid'. :laugh:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Not happy about Edmonton winning but I'm ecstatic the Sabres didn't get it. Murray is a complete slimeball.

Aug 21, 2014
Best case scenario Eichel wants to finish college and McDavid holds out. :laugh:

Slim chance but oh the entertainment value.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Screw Tim Murray, I'd rather have the Oilers with 1st pick than the Sabres 10/10.

On another as-of-yet-relatively-undiscussed note, the Toronto Maple Leafs will likely land one of Hanifin or Strome. Let that one sink in for a minute. Hanifin/Rielly or Strome/Kessel. They have Nashville's first-rounder as well, which could theoretically end up being like Kylington depending on a few factors, including whether they take Strome at #4.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
"Offense wins hockey games and we're going to be loaded with it"

Look where offense got the Dallas Stars this year.

Yeah, that's priceless.

With Lowe and MacTavish in place and the salary cap not going anywhere, I'm not concerned about the Oilers being legitimate cup threats anytime soon. Should put a dent in the idea that they'll trade one of Hall/Eberle/Yakupov/Draisaitl for help elsewhere.

Aug 21, 2014
Yeah, that's priceless.

With Lowe and MacTavish in place and the salary cap not going anywhere, I'm not concerned about the Oilers being legitimate cup threats anytime soon. Should put a dent in the idea that they'll trade one of Hall/Eberle/Yakupov/Draisaitl for help elsewhere.

Yup, and they'll be sold for pennies on the dollar. Because everyone and their grandmother knows that the Oil have terrible cap structure.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
I'm sure Eichel must feel so welcomed reading that. Seriously, as much as it sucks that Edmonton is getting him, I'm just as glad Murray isn't. What a tool that guy is.

I just wish McDavid was going to neither one of those pathetic organizations.

No kidding, could've easily said how thrilled he is to get one of the top two players in the draft, but no... Clear house, fire a great coach of whom you strip a coachable team, claiming to have had higher expectations, that you weren't tanking, etc. and then stomp your feet and pout when what you played like poop all season long for doesn't come to fruition... what a classless POS. He should be thanking his lucky stars right now... if anything, I think I'd almost prefer to see Eichel pull a Lindros than McDavid

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I love this. Guys seeing the Flames play against the Oilers in the 80's is what made me a hockey fan. Think of the future games were going to see for the next 10-15 years. Monahan, Bennett, Gaudreau against McDavid, RNH, Hall, Yak. Honestly the rivalry we're going to have against these guys and hopefully in the playoffs is going to be unreal. I can't wait to hate them again instead making fun of them.

This is all positive to me, it's going to make our guys better in the process.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'm sure Eichel must feel so welcomed reading that. Seriously, as much as it sucks that Edmonton is getting him, I'm just as glad Murray isn't. What a tool that guy is.

I just wish McDavid was going to neither one of those pathetic organizations.
Agreed. Murray continues to show how scummy he is even after losing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad