[Official] Around the NHL 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
The heck was that in Vancouver last night? Goalie round robin really makes me wonder about the Blues in the playoffs. Also pretty awesome watching Kassian get punched in the face.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
:laugh: I was just watching the Canucks/Sharks, and during the intermission they were showing the Flames highlights and showed Hudler's goal. The guy doing the voiceover was like "Hudler, who many thought might have been gone at the deadline..."

Really? Name one person who thought that. :laugh:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
:laugh: I was just watching the Canucks/Sharks, and during the intermission they were showing the Flames highlights and showed Hudler's goal. The guy doing the voiceover was like "Hudler, who many thought might have been gone at the deadline..."

Leafs fans who think everyone wants to go to Toronto?

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto

:facepalm:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I wonder if Detroit is regretful for letting him go?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The Florida game was crazy, Lou got hurt then Montoya got hurt and Lou came back in street clothes got changed and came back to finish sadly they lost to TO.

Aug 3, 2010
LOL Clarkson has been injured 4-6 weeks Oblique strain I believe. :biglaugh: :laugh:

On a similar note, Brett Connolly is out 6 weeks with a displaced fracture in his index finger.

Baertschi's turn. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, that sucks. Seem like it happens every trade deadline. Teams pushing for the playoffs get a key acquisition (I'm using the term loosely here for Clarkson/Connolly) only for them to have season-ending injuries or something.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Baertschi's turn. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, that sucks. Seem like it happens every trade deadline. Teams pushing for the playoffs get a key acquisition (I'm using the term loosely here for Clarkson/Connolly) only for them to have season-ending injuries or something.

Imagine if Coburn, or Yandle got injured long term like that after the what the Bolts and Rangers, respectively, had to pay...yeesh.

Does seem to happen quite often though, oddly enough.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Im sure at this point Columbus could care less, they'll get to add an awesome piece at the end of the season to their good team and forget this awful season ever happened.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Im sure at this point Columbus could care less, they'll get to add an awesome piece at the end of the season to their good team and forget this awful season ever happened.

Plus they finally don't have to pay for someone to sit on IR:laugh:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I've been saying this for a while but. Offersheet Dougie Hamilton.

I bet Feaster would have done that. Treliving/Burke? Probably not.

Though, if we trust our scouting department good enough to give up a couple of firsts, maybe they'd do it. Hamilton is the real deal.

Aug 21, 2014
The way I see it. Yes we are rebuilding but, adding a top 4 (arguable top 2) d-man under the age of 25 for picks doesn't seem bad to me. Know I guess it's dependent on Gio's extension because are cap structure is based on our best player.

And yes if I was in the position I would have done a feaster-type Offersheet. Backloaded 2 year deal.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Say we do somehow acquire Hamilton via offer sheet. What's the rules on UFA/RFA status? For example, would signing a 3 year deal (would make him 25 when the contract is done) make him a UFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad