Prospect Info: [Official]: 2016 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's interesting that the Flames have a better than 50% chance to picks worse than 5th.

Yeah, only the top team (lol) has less than a 50% chance of picking outside the top 3.
5th last is not the worst place in the world to be sitting. Statistically, we have as good as a chance in the top 3 as picking 7th :laugh:

6/7 are the highest probabilities for our pick come June. Hopefully there will still be some goodies at the table come then.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Yeah, only the top team (lol) has less than a 50% chance of picking outside the top 3.
5th last is not the worst place in the world to be sitting. Statistically, we have as good as a chance in the top 3 as picking 7th :laugh:

6/7 are the highest probabilities for our pick come June. Hopefully there will still be some goodies at the table come then.

Luckily there's a better chance we win the lottery than pick 7th

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The way the lotto works this year, it's highly probable that there's movement in and out of the top 3, that's what is exciting about where we still are. Luck will be a part of the equation for all teams.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
So a 26.3% chance of winning a top 3 pick, I can live with those odds.

9.1% to stay, 61% to drop to either 6 or 7. The latter isn't that great, but as long as we can pick up a top 8 pick I'm happy regardless in this draft.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We are gonna win the lotto. I can feel it.

When I talk to God later tonight, I'll ask him again. Last time I asked him, if we are gonna pick Mathews, he did this.

Buddy_christ.jpg

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Flames don't have a 25%+ chance of winniing the lotto; they have a 9% chance of winning the lottos (combined). Since the lotteries are all separate draws, your odds don't accumulate. The only difference is that there's one less team involved in the lottery after each ball gets taken out.

I know I screwed up in that AHL winning percentage thread, but I swear I'm actually right about the math this time.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flames don't have a 25%+ chance of winniing the lotto; they have a 9% chance of winning the lottos (combined). Since the lotteries are all separate draws, your odds don't accumulate. The only difference is that there's one less team involved in the lottery after each ball gets taken out.

I know I screwed up in that AHL winning percentage thread, but I swear I'm actually right about the math this time.
:laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just wondering, but do any of you think that Calgary drafts a goalie this year or not?
I'm not sure they do since they took McDonald in 2014 and signed Schneider who was 2015 eligible. I think getting a goalie from 3 consecutive draft years is overkill unless there is an absolute stud available.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Just wondering, but do any of you think that Calgary drafts a goalie this year or not?

I think investing a pick on a goalie every couple of years is a sound strategy just to avoid having a huge age gap in the G prospect pool. So yes, I'd like to see the Flames pick a goalie this summer. If there's nobody super intriguing on the earlier rounds just use a 7th rounder on some 6'5" Finnish guy or something.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think investing a pick on a goalie every couple of years is a sound strategy just to avoid having a huge age gap in the G prospect pool. So yes, I'd like to see the Flames pick a goalie this summer. If there's nobody super intriguing on the earlier rounds just use a 7th rounder on some 6'5" Finnish guy or something.

Agreed they should. Goalies are like lottery. You want to have as many tickets as possible.

Other than Gilles who is injured, none of their other goalies prospects are special ...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Signing Schneider last year at training camp worked the same as drafting him as 2015 was his first eligible draft year and the year before we took McDonald in round 2. Adding a 3rd draft eligible goalie in 3 years could be overkill especially since it will be 3 consecutive years a goalie will be graduating to the professional ranks (Gillies this year, McDonald next year and Schneider the following year) . However if they do, it pretty much has to be a Euro or an NCAA bound goaltender so we have 4 years before they have to be signed; which would stagger their graduation to the professional ranks a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad