Prospect Info: [Official] 2016 Draft Thread V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
To be fair, I've only really fully learned this due to the expansion draft.

And that being said, I'm still okay with getting Hartnell.

I'd be ok with Hartnell as 2LW too. I think we need to send a roster LW though. Whether that's Bollig, Bouma, whoever. Otherwise, bottom 6 has crazy logjam.

RW situation is more dire tho.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'd be ok with Hartnell as 2LW too. I think we need to send a roster LW though. Whether that's Bollig, Bouma, whoever. Otherwise, bottom 6 has crazy logjam.

RW situation is more dire tho.

I was actually thinking we put him on RW. I've somehow got it in my head he plays both wings though.

When he was in Philly playing with Giroux and Jagr it was awesome. I'd love to see if he can find that kind of chemistry with Gaudreau and Monahan.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I was actually thinking we put him on RW. I've somehow got it in my head he plays both wings though.

When he was in Philly playing with Giroux and Jagr it was awesome. I'd love to see if he can find that kind of chemistry with Gaudreau and Monahan.

/Facepalm

Why did this idea never enter my head? We did the same with Hudler and it worked quite well.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think I'm going purely off fantasy hockey that he plays both wings, so take it with a grain of salt.

Well, I never imagined experimenting to see if it would work either which is why I'm annoyed at myself. I just assumed he'd be 2LW and that's it. :laugh:

It's just an extra reason to acquire him. See if he can RW and if no, just keep him as 2LW.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Well, I never imagined experimenting to see if it would work either which is why I'm annoyed at myself. I just assumed he'd be 2LW and that's it. :laugh:

It's just an extra reason to acquire him. See if he can RW and if no, just keep him as 2LW.

Could always play him with Bennett as well. I feel like they would mesh well.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I'm kind of between Nylander, Keller or maybe dealing the pick.

I think Keller has a higher ceiling, but is perhaps slightly more likely to not make in the NHL.

I think Nylander will be Val Bure esque - decent 2nd liner 20-35-55
I think Keller will either be what Gaudreau is and what is expected out of Drouin, Marner etc., which is HUGE production, or maybe he'll bust.

I lean towards taking Keller or seeing if we can move down to 8 and 9 and take Nylander, Keller, one of the D, Jost

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Could always play him with Bennett as well. I feel like they would mesh well.

He'd be perfect for Monahan's line (big body, veteran presence), but I also think he'd pair better with Bennett. Good mentor for him.

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames have been uploading some Draft Countdown videos which have been very interesting.

I watched them on YouTube but I assume they have it on their site as well.

Doesn't really give any clues to who we will pick (obviously) other than a couple shots showing the board, which is blurred out for the most part. Only real part that gives any clues was where they had 4 forwards, 2 LW, a RW and a center with 4,6,8,13 next to them. Also has Button mentioning he sees someone projecting to be a first liner and he is talking to a scout and their discussing his compete level and whether he can overcome it, etc. So maybe Brown? Maybe even Nylander?

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Flames have been uploading some Draft Countdown videos which have been very interesting.

I watched them on YouTube but I assume they have it on their site as well.

Doesn't really give any clues to who we will pick (obviously) other than a couple shots showing the board, which is blurred out for the most part. Only real part that gives any clues was where they had 4 forwards, 2 LW, a RW and a center with 4,6,8,13 next to them. Also has Button mentioning he sees someone projecting to be a first liner and he is talking to a scout and their discussing his compete level and whether he can overcome it, etc. So maybe Brown? Maybe even Nylander?
I just watched it, it's likely nothing but the numbers attached to each position were LW-4 RW-6 LW-8 C-13. Also the categories they were using for ranking their players were hockey sense, compete level, skill, skating and use of size. From what I've heard of Brown he is big but doesn't use his size and there have been questions about his compete level. If the Flames feel that way then it's probably unlikely he's their top choice at 6.

Meatpuppet42

May 14, 2015
Hard to find a right shot forward with skill and Nylander will be sitting right there @ 6 Flames will take him.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I just watched it, it's likely nothing but the numbers attached to each position were LW-4 RW-6 LW-8 C-13. Also the categories they were using for ranking their players were hockey sense, compete level, skill, skating and use of size. From what I've heard of Brown he is big but doesn't use his size and there have been questions about his compete level. If the Flames feel that way then it's probably unlikely he's their top choice at 6.

Oh it is most likely nothing, but IF it is there top pick they are talking about, then Nylander is in the mix.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Which video is it, do you guys have a link

Edit found it, its draft countdown day 8 - scouting process. Looks like tkachuk at 4 (noooooooope do not want), Dubois at 8 (should be at 4 imo), nylander at 6 (meh, would rather have Keller), and brown at 13.

This is all from reading the blurred text, but the size of each blurred spot roughly corresponds to those names.

Going off of this (assuming its not a smokescreen) I find it highly likely the flames will pick a dman, because they probably have one ranked at 5 and I don't see mulletville or dim Jim going d.

As long as its not tkachuk ill be pretty happy

Last edited:

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Which video is it, do you guys have a link

Edit found it, its draft countdown day 8 - scouting process. Looks like tkachuk at 4 (noooooooope do not want), Dubois at 8 (should be at 4 imo), nylander at 6 (meh, would rather have Keller), and brown at 13.

This is all from reading the blurred text, but the size of each blurred spot roughly corresponds to those names.

Going off of this (assuming its not a smokescreen) I find it highly likely the flames will pick a dman, because they probably have one ranked at 5 and I don't see mulletville or dim Jim going d.

As long as its not tkachuk ill be pretty happy

Those are the players I think the names were as well.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Seems like they're going to feel forced to take Nylander even though they don't really want him.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
They should take Logan Brown. That's my final opinion. I will revise it before draft day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad