OT: Off Topic Thread XIII: Keep Pounding Panthers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
My friend (Bears/Chicago sports fan) and I are debating whether the Bears should go with Cutler or McCown next week after Urlacher said he'd start McCown.

I'd personally keep McCown in, that offensive machine's been rolling lately under his leadership. The friend says Cutler has more talent than McCown, and should be able to thrive immediately in that offense right where McCown left off.

So, I've got two questions for debate here:

1. If you were Trestman, would you dress McCown or Cutler next week?

And then a hypothetical:

2. With the weapons on the Bears offense (Marshall, Jeffery, Forte), do you think it would be possible for an awful QB like Blaine Gabbert (sorry, CI) to succeed on the Bears? Note: For this, I just mean succeed offensively, so don't factor in the Bears awful rush defense into the equation for "succeed".

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
So Head Goose. That statics test was about 5000 times worse than what I thought it would be. :laugh:

And to answer your question, I'd stick with McCown. And I'm not sold that the offense could perform as well with a different quarterback (disclaimer: I have not watched a single Bears game).

Last edited:

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

Why must Tom Cruise be in every movie I find remotely interesting any more? Still haven't watched Reacher or Oblivion.

Reacher was ok, although the character is supposed to be about 6'5" and 240lbs. Kinda killed credibility with fans of the books, of which I am one.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
My friend (Bears/Chicago sports fan) and I are debating whether the Bears should go with Cutler or McCown next week after Urlacher said he'd start McCown.

I'd personally keep McCown in, that offensive machine's been rolling lately under his leadership. The friend says Cutler has more talent than McCown, and should be able to thrive immediately in that offense right where McCown left off.

And then a hypothetical:

2. With the weapons on the Bears offense (Marshall, Jeffery, Forte), do you think it would be possible for an awful QB like Blaine Gabbert (sorry, CI) to succeed on the Bears? Note: For this, I just mean succeed offensively, so don't factor in the Bears awful rush defense into the equation for "succeed".

1. Keep going with McCown, they are absolutely rolling and the possibility of playoffs is much more important than offending those who subscribe to the "can't lose your job to an injury" mantra. Cutler is a FA after this year anyway.

2. No. Just no.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
So Head Goose. That statics test was about 5000 times worse than what I thought it would be. :laugh:

And to answer your question, I'd stick with McCown. And I'm not sold that the offense could perform as well with a different quarterback (disclaimer: I have not watched a single Bears game).

Sorry to hear that about your statics test.

If it's any consolation prize...once again, for the third straight semester, I had an A- going into a final for a math-based class (differential equations 2 this time), and ended up with my grade dropping after the final. At least this time it only went to a B+ rather than a B.:help:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Sorry to hear that about your statics test.

If it's any consolation prize...once again, for the third straight semester, I had an A- going into a final for a math-based class (differential equations 2 this time), and ended up with my grade dropping after the final. At least this time it only went to a B+ rather than a B.:help:

How is that class?

Differential Equations is treating me well this semester. It's the first math class I really enjoy. Is differential equations 2 along the same lines or completely different?

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
How is that class?

Differential Equations is treating me well this semester. It's the first math class I really enjoy. Is differential equations 2 along the same lines or completely different?

It's really not all that bad. We basically covered a few main topics for two dimensions, three dimensions, and polar coordinates (each one of those made up the bulk of each respective test) with a few other concepts spread in there.

Generally, if you understand the underlying process, it's only a slight bit of extra complication to advance forward from one to the next. Of course, I was hoping for an A in MA 225, but I'm almost guaranteed to get a B.

I don't know who is teaching it next semester, by I had Bob Martin. He's a nice guy. Grades pretty leniently, explains most things well...the only problem is that he tries to call on every person in the class at least once a day, which severely limits the examples he gives you. As a result, some of the material on the tests isn't quite matched up to an example given in class. Aside from that, we had one quiz all semester, and maybe four or five homework assignments.

My test grades were 90, 86, 95...which makes it hard to accept the B+. But hey, I'll take it considering I was hoping for a B when I went into that class. However, I was hoping for an A in MA 225, but I'll most likely walk out with a B.

cymmot

Jul 8, 2013
Warner Robins, GA

And then a hypothetical:

If I were Trestman I would have gone with McCown, but he went with Cutler. I'm a Browns fan, and trust me, it won't matter, at least not this week. But McCown and Cutler both had access to the same weapons and McCown was substantially better and everything. Don't get the logic here.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Still generation 1, have had it for years with no issues. Wasn't an original release one since this was a replacement for the one I had before (which WAS original release) which RRoD'd JUST before the warranty was set to expire. REALLY dodged a bullet on that. So yeah, 5+ years, which is really an excellent run for a first gen 360.

Going to get it repaired at Play n Trade since it's cheaper then buying another console. Probably could do it myself since I'm typically excellent with hardware, but I'm not going to go after that too much.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
woo

ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔก้้้้้้้้้้้

polar bear rave party

SCanedinavian

Sep 13, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland
This just popped up on my twitter, I want this in my life

BbX6tVHIUAAH6sL.png:large

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'm officially done with exams!:yo:

Well, aside from the other 4 semesters for which I'll have to do them, and the actuarial exams when I need to take those (if I go that route)...:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad