WC: Team Canada 2024

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think they played their best overall game against the best opponent they've faced yet.
Me too. Defensively we are getting a lot better and the lines are starting to work. Binnington with 2 solid games against top teams.

How on earth do we get Bedard turned around? It's not that we can't win without him being a star but him playing well would surely make things a lot easier.

• Love
Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
And also, Binnington has been good when he's needed to be.
I give him more credit than that. He's been terrific.

Binnington didn't really have much of a chance on any of their goals.
Agree, 100%.

With the Canucks eliminated, perhaps one of the ... uh... 4 Canadians on their roster could fill out Canada's roster.
So true.

With our luck, the first Canadian team to win the Cup in 50 years would have hardly any Canadians. Thank God Edmonton is loaded with Canadian content.

Last edited:

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
How on earth do we get Bedard turned around? It's not that we can't win without him being a star but him playing well would surely make things a lot easier.
Kid needs a mentor. It's got to be tough to suddenly have to play responsibly for probably the first time in his life, and coincidentally to lose ice time because he's not playing responsibly.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I give him more credit than that. He's been terrific.

Agree, 100%.

So true.

With our luck, the first Canadian team to win the Cup in 50 years would have hardly any Canadians. Thank, God, Edmonton is loaded with Canadian content.

Don’t worry, Florida and Dallas have plenty.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Don’t worry, Florida and Dallas have plenty.
Yes... NYR, not so much. :)

**************************************************************************************************

Of all the teams I've seen, and I've watched far more WC hockey in 2024 than I have in YEARS, we look like the best team, top to bottom, in this tournament. We are firing on all cylinders.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
How has Slovakia looked? It is basically a home game for the Slovaks.

Even in the weak pool, they did not score very much, but they did not give up many goals either.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
He really isnt, there is plenty to argue you just actually have to watch. Mcbain plays for Tourigny, thats why he is playing over him. Why ruin that relationship by healthy scratching him and bringing him over. Clear as day.
That has nothing to do with it. Guenther has barely played in this tournament. Mcbain is solid on draws and plays the PK. He is better defensively than Greig is, and is more trusted by the coaching staff. Simple as that.

Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The playoff seeds...

1) Sweden
2) Canada
3) Swiss
4) USA
5) Czechia
6) Germany
7) Slovakia
8) Finland

If they reseed before the semis, I like our path to the Gold Medal Game.

Assuming the Top 4 seeds win, it will be Canada vs Swiss and the U.S. vs Sweden.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How has Slovakia looked? It is basically a home game for the Slovaks.

Even in the weak pool, they did not score very much, but they did not give up many goals either.
Slovakia feels a bit like a trap game for Canada. They've been extremely inconsistent, but they've got some pretty dangerous players and Hlavaj has been arguably the best goaltender in the tournament. With the way Canada has found ways to let inferior teams stick around, I wouldn't be shocked if we saw an upset.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Slovakia feels a bit like a trap game for Canada. They've been extremely inconsistent, but they've got some pretty dangerous players and Hlavaj has been arguably the best goaltender in the tournament. With the way Canada has found ways to let inferior teams stick around, I wouldn't be shocked if we saw an upset.
Add the fact that Slovakia is basically a home team and you might be right.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

For sure, but I’m not sure who I’d rather play aside from Germany.

No really easy teams in the quarters this year.

Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Pierre-Luc Dubois does NOT inspire confidence. You can see why people complain about his engine all the time. All too often, he looks like he is going thru the motions.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Pierre-Luc Dubois does NOT inspire confidence. You can see why people complain about his engine all the time. All too often, he looks like he is going thru the motions.

His size and strength were effective against some of the weaker teams - we’ll see if he can show up when it counts.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I don't believe in Global Warming because Donald Trump told me it doesn't exist but, man, it is HOT where I live In May. 🥵

NO NHL games, tonight, and NO World Championship hockey until Thursday. Not good.

Thank you to @jj cale for convincing me to watch the entire WC tournament - not just the playoffs. It has been a ton of fun.

His size and strength were effective against some of the weaker teams - we’ll see if he can show up when it counts.
He seems to "drift" a LOT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad