OT: Off Topic Thread: What Are You Watching? And Other Miscellaneous Things

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
In New York City “ youknowimsayin” is a popular one word phrase amongst the turnstile jumping sort as is “gimmedolla” and “whatdaf@#$$&#@#$#@#$$lookinatbit#$”

6 more years I have to go to the Big Toilet . I mean Big Apple . Then “weout “
They used to be polite and ask to "hold my wallet"

Reactions: Sparksrus3

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Would it be safe to say that if the person was not finished yet it would be “wajeetin” ?
I may retire to the south one day and will keep a book to help with the language so I don’t have to order Rosetta Stone
There are words that my fiancée says that I laugh at / adore, like “oil.” In the north it’s two syllables but down here it’s just one long “oooill”

You can speak a little differently, but as long as you can talk college ball y’all all right down here.

Go Tigers

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
There are words that my fiancée says that I laugh at / adore, like “oil.” In the north it’s two syllables but down here it’s just one long “oooill”

You can speak a little differently, but as long as you can talk college ball y’all all right down here.

Go Tigers
Just don't be on the wrong side of the duke/carolina debate

GO ST.JOHN'S

Would it be safe to say that if the person was not finished yet it would be “wajeetin” ?
I may retire to the south one day and will keep a book to help with the language so I don’t have to order Rosetta Stone
You're a natural!

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Can you be off-topic in the off-topic thread? Anyway, if any of youse are on the FLA Gulf Coast, take care of yourselves.

I went to Captiva last winter - amazing place, but wouldn't want to be there now. I've been looking into another little place to visit in the future - Useppa Island. Most of the developed part is maybe 6 feet above the water line. I hope it rides it out....

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I love it when there are 2 of us and they ask how y'all doing?

I say "all both of us are fine"

Or

When they ask "how many" when we walk into a restaurant

My first thought is " how the f*ck many do you see "

I know I've mellowed (or the happy pills are working) because I don't say it out loud like I want to
Your chauffeur doesn’t sit with you?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Where are all the weather guys here? Anyway, hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm worried about what the morning will disclose re: some of those SW FL barrier islands like Sanibel, Pine, Matlacha, Ft Myers Beach, Estero, Useppa, North Captiva, etc.. Captiva proper has some topographical advantages (bit more elevation) and might do better.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
if you have Optimum service you know that they often use subcontractors for the installs and service . Before I switched away from them a couple years ago I always insisted on an Optimum technician . Just had a knock on the door from 2 non English speaking guys that held up a phone with a pre recorded message that they played for me asking to enter the yard to do service on the pole . I of course refused and my gates are locked so no bueno for them . Oh, the van was unmarked and had Florida plates . on The other hand I couldn’t be happier that some of the illegals sent up to New York in the last few weeks have already found employment .. Lock your windows folks LGI

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
if you have Optimum service you know that they often use subcontractors for the installs and service . Before I switched away from them a couple years ago I always insisted on an Optimum technician . Just had a knock on the door from 2 non English speaking guys that held up a phone with a pre recorded message that they played for me asking to enter the yard to do service on the pole . I of course refused and my gates are locked so no bueno for them . Oh, the van was unmarked and had Florida plates . on The other hand I couldn’t be happier that some of the illegals sent up to New York in the last few weeks have already found employment .. Lock your windows folks LGI
Hide the women too! Young and old! Cold cruel world out there

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Hide the women too! Young and old! Cold cruel world out there
9B52A316-2F0C-4D8E-8033-F1CA2072FAD2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
just watched movie version of "Dear Evan Hanson" i like musicals in general and like broadway. curious if anyone has seen either the film and/or play

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Decided to make a YouTube channel called "Adam Fox Stole the Norris". Feel free to sub....
Lucky for me the terrible defensive plays never end for Foxy so new content is always available LOL

Reactions: PWJunior

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Started watching the Dahmer show on Netflix (just finished episode 2), it's a little underwhelming when you're aware of the story already but the guy who plays Jeffrey does a great job. If you're not aware of the details of the story beforehand it might be a bit more creepy/horrifying.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
So I just watched or tried to watch ESPN Sportscenter..
Holy Crap !!!!!! I guess I will try again in 5 years or so. . Every one of these dumb azz reporters/broadcasters think they have to be Chris Berman. It was great when he was the only one. Houston is now H-Town for the rest of you that may be like me. This is unwatchable . The Andy Griffith show is way better than this …Cheers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad