OT: Off Topic Thread: What Are You Watching? And Other Miscellaneous Things

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Just read that Andy Taylor (Duran Duran) had a setback in his battle with Stage 4 incurable prostate cancer. Wishing him peace and comfort physically and emotionally!

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Just finished Wrexham. Thought it was very good except the annoying commercials. The hooliganism episode was disturbing and the Hollywood episode very funny.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Saw The Witch Part I: The Subversion on my flight to Korea and it was pretty awesome. Trying to find a place to watch The Witch Part 2: The Other One here in the U.S.

If anyone gets a chance, Part I is highly recommended. I've heard Part II isn't as good.

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Pumped for Yellowstone and The Crown to return, especially since Jimmy McNulty is playing Prince (or should I say king?) Charles
Yellowstone has been excellent, though last season or two have been pretty good, not excellent. Interested to see what they came up with for this season. Hopefully hasn’t jumped the shark.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Powerball drawing delayed…. “The winning numbers and recorded video of the drawing will be posted to the Powerball website and YouTube channel.”

sounds like shenanigans.

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I was at that Who show at Shea.
I thought The Clash were awesome that night. I liked the no keyboards and different arrangements. Good memories. Might blast that Live LP on Spotify on the way home tonight. Good pre game music

Pre game for me, that is, even though the game will be over in real life. Love the DVR and the hopper!!

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
They grew on me after the Combat Rock album came out and when I saw them live open for The Who at Shea
My favorite album for sure.

I think if you're Jewish, like punk, and grew up in the 80s (when punk scenes were being infested by skinheads), you have a special place in your heart for the clash.

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
My favorite album for sure.

I think if you're Jewish, like punk, and grew up in the 80s (when punk scenes were being infested by skinheads), you have a special place in your heart for the clash.
had a lot of Jewish buddies growing up at Brooklyn College and in the neighborhood playing ball. in fact i still have a couple of close Jewish friends who live up there (ranger fans both but they are educated hockey guys, not blue seat bums)

my grandparents on my mother's side were Jewish (mom converted when she married that douc*e they made me call dad). i grew up learning a lot about Jewish culture and history (and food!!) so i consider myself an honorary

Combat Rock is my favorite Clash LP as well

Reactions: saintunspecified

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
0CD969BF-CBC6-4754-BC29-A06B2C787609.jpeg
A0D5A39F-CE8F-4AA0-A66F-674D06189046.jpeg
Got the RR today. I’m sure this will trigger some lol but for those who were on the fence, I would definitely recommend… they are even nicer looking in person

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Watched movie called "The Burnt Orange Heresy" Mick Jagger has a large part in it as an art collector. Good job my him, pretty good film overall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad