OT: Off Topic Thread: What Are You Watching? And Other Miscellaneous Things

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I had a similar experience in the early 90's only it was me and one woman. She was defecating and smoking crack at the same time.

I often wonder what she's up to these days.

You take a girl out on one date 30 years ago and she acts like that yet still on your mind all this time . She may have been the one and she got away. You can reconnect on Facebook if you are still thinking what if ..

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
You take a girl out on one date 30 years ago and she acts like that yet still on your mind all this time . She may have been the one and she got away. You can reconnect on Facebook if you are still thinking what if ..
How's it been man!

This is one of the funniest, if not THE funniest post I've ever seen out here.

Reactions: Sparksrus3

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
How's it been man!

This is one of the funniest, if not THE funniest post I've ever seen out here.
Just sitting outside having a coffee disturbed by the sound of lawn mowing services around my house. I hope all is well on your end . LGI

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Just sitting outside having a coffee disturbed by the sound of lawn mowing services around my house. I hope all is well on your end . LGI
Pretty good man. Wife bounced her car into a pothole/ditch recently. I'm $1600 in and still don't have it back yet.

Gotta go back to what an old timer told me once " if money can fix it then it's not a problem "

Gonna go hang out at the local Italian Cafe after lunch. Maybe a Manhattan Special today. Had an iced americano yesterday

Always great seeing you out here and jiving it up!

Dropped the news on the Mrs that hockey season is starting back up and me and my son are getting the Center Ice package again

Her retort "it's always some season. I thought hockey just ended"

Women, gotta love 'em😀

Reactions: Sparksrus3

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Pretty good man. Wife bounced her car into a pothole/ditch recently. I'm $1600 in and still don't have it back yet.

Gotta go back to what an old timer told me once " if money can fix it then it's not a problem "

Gonna go hang out at the local Italian Cafe after lunch. Maybe a Manhattan Special today. Had an iced americano yesterday

Always great seeing you out here and jiving it up!

Dropped the news on the Mrs that hockey season is starting back up and me and my son are getting the Center Ice package again

Her retort "it's always some season. I thought hockey just ended"

Women, gotta love 'em😀

my buddy told Me he saw my wife at the market and talked to her for a minute.

my response
How did that work out for you ?

Mine is an expert on everything in the entire world . Every time we see people I just roll my eyes. People think I have an eye issue . She feels she MUST tell everyone what they need to do about any and everything .If someone talks to me about anything she provides the response . But she is a great cook, takes care of the house , and has a great butt ( lol ) so it balances out . How many days till puck drop ? LGI

• Haha
Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
my buddy told Me he saw my wife at the market and talked to her for a minute.

my response
How did that work out for you ?

Mine is an expert on everything in the entire world . Every time we see people I just roll my eyes. People think I have an eye issue . She feels she MUST tell everyone what they need to do about any and everything .If someone talks to me about anything she provides the response . But she is a great cook, takes care of the house , and has a great butt ( lol ) so it balances out . How many days till puck drop ? LGI
Sounds like some of my in laws, who i refer to as the "know it alls"

My wife brings home a reasonable paycheck and provides good child care for my kid.

22 year anniversary coming up. Better do my annual digging out of the invitation so I can get the date correct!

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I started watching The Sandman on Netflix. I got through the first 6 episodes and they were okay, not especially creatively shot, but okay. But, I couldn't make it through episode 7 it was so bad. Everything about it was wretched. The acting was CW level. The casting made no sense. Maybe they ran out of money or something.

On a positive note, the Dead Boys, Moving Targets, The Queers, Quicksand, La Dispute and Drug Church are all playing here over the next couple months. Looks like I'm seeing some bands.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Just finished watching the first season of The Old Man. Pretty darn good, I like Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow does a good job. Definitely a lot going on and can verge on being hard to follow at times, but maybe that's a me problem.

Also started watching Gammorah on HBO Max. Fantastic so far, about 5 episodes in to season 1. I usually don't like to read shows, it's all in Neapolitan with English subtitles, but it hasn't taken away from enjoying the show.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Bratton and O'Neill leaving in quick succession tells you pretty much all you need to know about the biggest problem in the 5 boroughs these days. Before you would see cops around, now one wonders what's the difference between a retired NYPD & an active NYPD. It's just obvious - cops aren't around anymore, and when they are they're in their cars. They run, by far, the biggest racket in the city.

It's not on them though. It's the politicians who have rendered them unable to perform their job. They removed their qualified immunity, they treated them like trash, they didn't have their backs.

People in any job, especially jobs as first responders, can only be shit on so much. They shouldn't be scared to do their job and they shouldn't have to deal with criminals being let out over and over and over again despite arrests.

I hate what's happened to the city that raised me and I love. I come from a family of mostly NYPD and a few FDNY sprinkled in. I can't imagine doing those jobs in that city now. I'm glad to live in Florida because I don't remember the crime being this outrageous as long as I've been alive. (I wasn't alive for the 80s).

To the topic at hand, I make a couple trips back home each year, it would be cool to schedule one with some fellow Isles fans.

Last edited:

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I can’t hold back anymore.

Enough of the coverage of The Queen’s death.

I turn on the TV before work today and every single network is live streaming the funeral ceremony. The old bird’s been dead for a week or so and every day I get to hear about her “spectacular” life. Of course no one wants to comment on some of the real shitty things that her colonialism inflicted on other “subjects “.

You like her and admire her? Fine. Just put her in the ground already and let’s get on to more important things. Like preseason hockey!

Reactions: Big L

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

I turn on the TV before work today and every single network is live streaming the funeral ceremony. The old bird’s been dead for a week or so and every day I get to hear about her “spectacular” life. Of course no one wants to comment on some of the real shitty things that her colonialism inflicted on other “subjects “.

You like her and admire her? Fine. Just put her in the ground already and let’s get on to more important things. Like preseason hockey!
Pretty sure colonialism was pretty much wrapping up (if not done) by the time she took over. And if you had to have colonialism, better the British than the French (the common law, property rights protections, etc., actually resulted in pretty good outcomes for many of the former British colonies).

Reactions: sabremike

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

"old bird" good one!!!

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

Don’t tell me how it ends. I’m only on season 3 of the queens death.

I’ve thrown out two loaves of bread since she died and she’s still not buried.

-Bill Maher

Reactions: The Real JT

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Tried watching Licorice Pizza.

Gave it a good 50 minutes. Turned it off. I found it neither funny or good. But it was supposed to be good?

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
From the things I thought I might never see again file. From Rock Hill, South Kakalack!

Attachments

• 20220916_201220.jpg
    20220916_201220.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 1

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Tried watching Licorice Pizza.

Gave it a good 50 minutes. Turned it off. I found it neither funny or good. But it was supposed to be good?
Thanks for the heads up. That was on my unofficial list of “I heard it’s good so I should probably watch that someday”

It’s a running joke with my wife when I say “We should watch that. The reviews were really good” then it always sucks, without fail.

Reactions: Big L

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Get rid of cable brah.

I actually miss cable until I go to my folk’s place and they are watching re-runs of Young Sheldon. Reaffirms my decision to scrap it…

Reactions: Bones45

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad